kpcane's first mock draft (3/26) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

kpcane's first mock draft (3/26)

cportis26 said:
No, not Chad Jackson. They'd take Bunkley in that spot, DT is even thinner than WR.

Hey buddy, if you want to make a mock draft make one. I took the advice that everyone gave and I changed the Broncos pick, ok?

By the way, for my next mock draft I'm not going to have the Jets taking a QB. Because it would change this entire mock draft, I'll just leave this one the way it is, and change the next one.

kpcane said:
Hey buddy, if you want to make a mock draft make one. I took the advice that everyone gave and I changed the Broncos pick, ok?

Good for you. Of course I'm actually a Broncos fan, so I think I know a little more about their needs than Dolphins fans who are convinced Denver traded up to get ahead of them for Chad Jackson.

playmaker1 said:
they had two first rounds picks. They were in good shape. They took this move because they wanted to go up.

Have you checked the draft trade charts? I hate to refer to it because I think too many fans are rely too much on it when it comes to trades, but it's still roughly a good indicator of how realistic a trade is. Denver received a completely lopsided trade in their favor to move up. A 3rd and a future 4th is nothing to jump up about halfway in the 1st round. Of course they wanted to move up, they got a deal so heavily titled int their favor they couldn't say no. They could move down to the low 20's on draft day and come out with more than what they gave up to get the pick from Atlanta. They moved up 5 weeks out. Why would they tip their hand if there was a specific player they were interested in? There's plenty of time for a leak. Miami could move in front of the Broncos if Chad Jackson really is Denver's choice and the 'Fins want him too.

Denver's going to look for someone slated to go from around 10-12 that slips. Someone always falls on draft that no one expects to. If that guy fills a need for Denver, they'll take him. In this mock, it was Bunkley. If there's no one there that slips, there's probably a good chance they'll trade back down.

cportis26 said:
Good for you. Of course I'm actually a Broncos fan, so I think I know a little more about their needs than Dolphins fans who are convinced Denver traded up to get ahead of them for Chad Jackson.

Funny you say "good for you" when you're the only one who is talking so matter-of-factly around here. You know I'm a Dolphins fan, but I'm not going to act like I'm the only one who knows who they could ever draft...especially when the majority of mock drafts actually has Chad Jackson.

kpcane said:
You know I'm a Dolphins fan, but I'm not going to act like I'm the only one who knows who they could ever draft...especially when the majority of mock drafts actually has Chad Jackson.

Well if you want to get technical about what mock drafts have teams taking what, just about none of them have Bunkley dropping out of the top 12 or 13 picks. There's a big reason why some those mock drafts might think Denver might take Chad Jackson in that spot, Bunkley simply isn't available when they pick. The other is that most people continue to repeat this mantra that Denver has nothing at WR. It's not their deepest position, but it sure is hell is not an absolute must address in the 1st round when they have bigger issues at DT, DE, and S. You had someone in your mock who shouldn't have been available when Denver picked at a position that they need more than WR, that's why they take him.

cportis26 said:
Have you checked the draft trade charts? I hate to refer to it because I think too many fans are rely too much on it when it comes to trades, but it's still roughly a good indicator of how realistic a trade is. Denver received a completely lopsided trade in their favor to move up. A 3rd and a future 4th is nothing to jump up about halfway in the 1st round. Of course they wanted to move up, they got a deal so heavily titled int their favor they couldn't say no. They could move down to the low 20's on draft day and come out with more than what they gave up to get the pick from Atlanta. They moved up 5 weeks out. Why would they tip their hand if there was a specific player they were interested in? There's plenty of time for a leak. Miami could move in front of the Broncos if Chad Jackson really is Denver's choice and the 'Fins want him too.

Denver's going to look for someone slated to go from around 10-12 that slips. Someone always falls on draft that no one expects to. If that guy fills a need for Denver, they'll take him. In this mock, it was Bunkley. If there's no one there that slips, there's probably a good chance they'll trade back down.

Yes, I know the draft trades. I dont just make post to make posts. Denver traded up for a reason. THey are targeting certain players. Thats what teams do going into the draft. Might not be one guy, but they have their eye on a few. And they moved in front of a few teams. They know what other teams are looking for. They didn't move up "looking for someone to slip". This is just a mock. Oh, and I don't see Maimi no playing leap frog to move in front of them. Not worth what it would take.

cportis26 said:
Well if you want to get technical about what mock drafts have teams taking what, just about none of them have Bunkley dropping out of the top 12 or 13 picks. There's a big reason why some those mock drafts might think Denver might take Chad Jackson in that spot, Bunkley simply isn't available when they pick. The other is that most people continue to repeat this mantra that Denver has nothing at WR. It's not their deepest position, but it sure is hell is not an absolute must address in the 1st round when they have bigger issues at DT, DE, and S. You had someone in your mock who shouldn't have been available when Denver picked at a position that they need more than WR, that's why they take him.

thank you draft guru. No one here knew anything til you were so kind as to come in and share :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom