Kumerow,averyand yatil and now fletch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kumerow,averyand yatil and now fletch

zsonka

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He just looks lost out their tonight. He plays way off the receiver and was spun around on one play. It seems really hard to pick first rounders and pay them big money, only to be let down with high expectations unfulfilled.

I don't mind anymore but i prefer the Edwards and weavers and feidlers that play well first then get paid. Or the dixons and zachs. or the pleasent surprises of a georgia tight end being a fourth rounder no one wanted.

Picking Late first rounders is a risky business...although i hope Ricky shares the ball with Edwards and Minor and the fullbacks and is a decoy at times and only rushes for a 1,000... A third rounder is all i want to see the phins give up.

ALways fun to have a first on draft day...... This year SUCKED on draft weekend

Originally posted by zsonka
He just looks lost out their tonight. He plays way off the receiver and was spun around on one play. It seems really hard to pick first rounders and pay them big money, only to be let down with high expectations unfulfilled.

I don't mind anymore but i prefer the Edwards and weavers and feidlers that play well first then get paid. Or the dixons and zachs. or the pleasent surprises of a georgia tight end being a fourth rounder no one wanted.

Picking Late first rounders is a risky business...although i hope Ricky shares the ball with Edwards and Minor and the fullbacks and is a decoy at times and only rushes for a 1,000... A third rounder is all i want to see the phins give up.

ALways fun to have a first on draft day...... This year SUCKED on draft weekend
i agree 100%. when fletcher started holding out before he'd ever played a down, i would have told him to take a hike. after tonight, he's not even good trade bait!:yell:

Huh?

... Fletcher didn't get beat, Wooden did. The play was down the middle of the field, that's not Fletcher's responsibility. You guys are cracking me up!

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolfan06
i agree 100%. when fletcher started holding out before he'd ever played a down, i would have told him to take a hike. after tonight, he's not even good trade bait!:yell:

it was a 20 yard play down the sideline in the second half that went under review. Did you even watch the game OLiver........?

Crack yourself up all you want but they should have kept Terry Cousin and when the Jets pick on the third and fourth wide out again i will remind you $ss............

No I haven't...

... I'm going to watch it tomorrow on Sun-Shine. Thought you were commenting on the TD pass Wooden gave up.

Again Cousins wasn't going to stay. Really it's true! :) And let me ask you, why would you in this CAP NFL keep 2 backup DB's that make 1 million plus a season?

Nah sorry it doesn't make sense. Any team worth anything will keep the younger player that has upside, it's just common sense.

Remind my ass? What is that some kind of threat, promise, or an attempt to intimidate me through the Internet? Funny stuff, thanks for the laugh.

Oliver...

Originally posted by zsonka
it was a 20 yard play down the sideline in the second half that went under review. Did you even watch the game OLiver........?

Crack yourself up all you want but they should have kept Terry Cousin and when the Jets pick on the third and fourth wide out again i will remind you $ss............

Re: No I haven't...

Originally posted by Oliver
... I'm going to watch it tomorrow on Sun-Shine. Thought you were commenting on the TD pass Wooden gave up.

Again Cousins wasn't going to stay. Really it's true! :) And let me ask you, why would you in this CAP NFL keep 2 backup DB's that make 1 million plus a season?

Nah sorry it doesn't make sense. Any team worth anything will keep the younger player that has upside, it's just common sense.

Remind my ass? What is that some kind of threat, promise, or an attempt to intimidate me through the Internet? Funny stuff, thanks for the laugh.

Oliver...

The truth is that Fletcher has been inconsistent through out camp and preseaon..Big O said about month ago that Fletcher is not quality 3rd corner and the Dolphins made a mistake by not picking up Buckley..

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
its pretty safe to put sammie smith and john bosa on that list

Agree on Sammie, but Bosa was more of an injury thing, than a performance thing. Bosa did actually play pretty well, before his injuries ended what looked to be a promising career. So, bottom line, I guess he would be considered a bust, but for different reasons than most of the other bums that we have made mistakes on.

This thread has just reminded me how glad I am we actually traded our 1st for a guy who is PROVEN and we know will be great...not only that he more talent than anyone we could have gotten at that pick...If we'd have had a 1st we'd have picked a gy who would have gotten hurt and never done anything I'm sure of it.

We just seem cursed...even the guys we've picked lately who seemed to be good picks...(Bowens, McDuffie, Gardener)
Only Bowens has avoided the career injuries and his knees are shot too.

this past draft was pretty thin at RB- i recall william green and tj duckett as 1st rounders...anybody else? not that those 2 will suck, but at this point i'd take RW 100 times out of 100 over those 2. come to think of it, the only backs i'd prefer over ricky are: a healthy edge, maybe stephen davis, and...and...and thats it

ps- before you cry marshall, marshall, marshall- as AWESOME as he is, he wouldnt fit our powerback system

Fiedler...I think Marshall would fit any system...but that's just my opinion...not saying you're wrong.

you're right, and jimmy did run up phone bills trying to trade for him in '98(at the time i was going crazy hoping we'd get him- no way polian was trading him within the division), but i'm pretty happy with RW

So I was right after all, I knew we should have drafted Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher. Drew would have been awesome for the Dolphins in a couple of years. Oh well, we can't always have what we want now can we?!?!?!

LOL I don't care what Big O says...

... I believe what I see with my own eyes. And all I've seen from Fletcher is that he is a good young DB with potential. Yes it would have been nice to get T-Buck, but a mistake? Who knows.

Oliver...

Originally posted by minus

The truth is that Fletcher has been inconsistent through out camp and preseaon..Big O said about month ago that Fletcher is not quality 3rd corner and the Dolphins made a mistake by not picking up Buckley..

What has Drew Brees done? nt

Originally posted by chambers84
So I was right after all, I knew we should have drafted Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher. Drew would have been awesome for the Dolphins in a couple of years. Oh well, we can't always have what we want now can we?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom