Kurt Warner??? No thanks, only if I need a Church buddy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kurt Warner??? No thanks, only if I need a Church buddy

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Evidently some pro-Warner backers out there seem to forget or just haven't heard about the uproar he's caused in the Rams locker room with all his religious talk and finger pointing. Couple that with a meddling wife and you've got nothing but "No thanks, I'll pass." Sean Salisbury was on the other day talking about him and put it best when he rubbed all his teammates the wrong way, scrutinizing them about religion, not to mention suffering from what's obviously a bad surgerically repaired thumb.......... dude can't throw the ball anymore.

On that same show they were also talking about how Kurt Warner can't help but remind them of when Aikman went bad, constantly sitting behind the line, not getting rid of the ball - the whole deer-in-headlights. Face it, the guy is going to blow right out of this league as quickly as he blew in. He had his glory, but he's not the same quarterback. Some of you even go, "well Faulk was injured and recievers core changed." What???????? The Receivers didn't change........Bruce was injured for a small portion.........only Faulk was gone for a significant amount of time.

Face it...........Warner had a QB's paradise to play in in St. Louis.......... he in no way shape or form matches what we're trying to do in Miami, nor do we have the same explosive offensive talent/philosophy. Don't get me wrong, with Boston, Chambers, Ricky, McMichael etc etc we can put up some points at times, but we aren't "the greatest show on turf." I want a QB who can lead this team, not some obnoxious missionary with a bumb thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well stated. :clap:
I would add that Warner was never as great as people made him out to be. Sure, he was accurate on those quick passes, but he threw to spots, not receivers, and he couldn't read defenses. His teammates around him made him look so good.

Just never came back from that thumb injury.(nevermind the wife and all that otherstuff if he was the same qb from yesteryear...which he obviously isnt)...Didnt Fiedler have a similar thumb injury? Not that he was ever really hitting the deep ball with the reciever never having to break stride to catch it, but awhile back they had replayed that Jets meadowlands comeback and he was chuckin the ball around not too bad(something i cant remember him doin the last year or two.)

Back
Top Bottom