Lack of GM hampering FA? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lack of GM hampering FA?

mbbransc

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know we can't make a move yet, but with all the rumors circulating I thought I'd clear my mind. Do you think the Phins are going to initiate any movement prior to hiring a GM? Isn't that what we are bringing in a GM for - personnel? If we make all of our moves prior, what is the benefit of the GM (besides the draft)?

(On why not look at people from the teams that are still in the playoffs and wait until they’re done) – "Maybe we will. The process is ongoing. I said that at the beginning. That’s where we are. I think probably one of the mistakes we made was you always think you can do things on a timetable. I thought it was a realistic one. As it turns out, it’s not, maybe for that same reason. There is a practical limit to that. You can’t go on forever. That time is running. The only thing that probably gives you the ability, though, to continue that process is we’ve got good people in place. We’ve told them, ‘Do not stop doing what you were doing, don’t let us not do something that we should do in this time period here.’ I’m confident that our guys are going to do that. They’re signing free agents every day off the street to put them in NFL Europe or whatever. So it’s an ongoing process."

Eddie Jones------

I was just thinking that same thing....I swear....after reading that last line of eddie Jones' quote again, I was going to go look for any recent signings....I figured those would be the ones he was talking about....I know Korey Banks was resigned recently but, I forget who the other guy was....I'll be back....

these guys were signed recently and I could see ALL of them going....

Yeremiah Bell - S - E. Kentucky '03
Ronald Bellamy - WR - Michigan '03
Shawn Lynch - C - Duke '02
Carl Morris - WR - Harvard '03
Alphonso Roundtree -

The guy that got signed at the same time as Banks....was G Eric Wilson.

The franchise is currently operating like it used to. Spielman is currently handling pre-draft work, etc etc.

Jones said he wants to finish the process and make a decision by Wednesday of next week so this process should be concluded long before free agency with the new GM all set to go with over a month to settle in and get caught up on what needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom