LAL vs. SAS The Showdown Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAL vs. SAS The Showdown Thread

and if you want to say the "worst coming off the Lakers bench" that would be Luke Walton. That guys sucks. The kids smart and hussle but he'll make one nice play and 5 bonehead playes right after.

You know, subjective analysis is always the worst path to take. What you said above is simply not true. Saying "that guy sucks" and not providing any evidence of why he sucks does not make the statement correct. But let's take a look at the data shall we?

Luke Walton:
2008 Playoffs Statistics

PPG 7.3 RPG 3.30 APG 2.3 EFF+ 9.20
Ronnie Turiaf

2008 Playoffs Statistics

PPG 2.1 RPG 1.80 APG 0.4 EFF+ 3.31

Nothing against Ronny, but Walton certainly doesn't suck and he certainly doesn't make 5 bad plays for ever 1 good play, considering he is only averaging 1.13 turnovers and plays 19minutes per game. Ronny certainly plays less minutes, and if the best coach of all time is giving him less minutes I wonder why, it's because his efficiency rating is way lower than Walton's. Simply put, Walton adds more value to the team per minute played.

Sucks I only saw the first qtr. What are the chances that not 1 but both of my cars broke down on the same day. One car blew a gasket the other alternator didnt work. Somebody really didnt want me to see the game yesterday.

Luke Walton maybe the only guy in the NBA who throws a two-handed between the legs bounce pass. Both there PER are below the league average. I recall Phillip giving Mark Madsen minutes in the playoffs. I've never seen a worse player in the league than him.

Phil Jackson trusts Walton more and for a good reason, he's got the experience. Turiaf to me is a solid bench player; comes in roaring. He's got room for improvement, but to say he is awful is undermining him. I don't know why Spurs are being ruled out by some already. They're in good position to build around Duncan-Parker-Ginobili and be right in the thick of things next year. Though Lakers are gonna be even better next year with Bynum, which is just scary.

In terms of wanting the ball in a guys hand with the game on the line I think Kobe is probably 1st on just about everybodies list. Kevin Garnett in the last minute of games is the anti-Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom