Lamar has a new home (again). | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar has a new home (again).

alcoholism is a disease yes.....but you can blame him for alcoholism(or an alcohol problem....whatever he has) as much as you want....

alcoholism is NOT a new thing....feel sorry for the first alcoholics who did not know what was happening to them....but in this day and age of awareness and education alcoholism is plain inexcusable.....you KNOW if you drink a lot you will develope a problem/addiction/dependancy on any substance.....you can use the "it can't happen to me" card all you want.....but in the end it all bolis down to decisions.....

who's fault is it when somebody gets a dependancy like that? tough question, but i firmly believe it all comes down to the individual....this is the year 2003, there are many clinics, help/support groups....he has no excuses for the most recent violation.....he should know by now that having one beer is his limit if he has keys in his pocket....you simply DO NOT mess around with **** like that, ESPECIALLY after you have been convicted......

that being said, i am a fan of lamar and wish him well....in his personal life moreso than his football life.....

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1

oh, and as for the victim of his first dui. he recieves a major portion of every contract lamar gets as part of his financial obligation.

How much would you take to be in a chair the rest of your life. There is no price. I would hope Lamar is paying for that. Does that mean he's free to do it again?

Miami is a place were you would drink alot...:happydrin ! Miami!

Re: Wrong side of the bed?

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Dude, uh... you needing a hug or something?

I know people who have gotten DWI's. Some, if not most, sincerely admit that they have a problem. And some succeed in getting help and in getting better. Sadly, others don't.

It's a terrible thing to drive while under the influence, and I do NOT condone it. In fact, I abhor it. But that's just it... I abhor THE DECISION... to drive intoxicated. I abhor the selfishness, the lack of consideration and respect towards others... towards human life. But I do not hate the person. If anything, I pity them.

Hate the act - not the person. That's all I'm trying to say.

Alcoholism and drug addiction are horrible DISEASES. Any professional psychologist, doctor and/or lawyer will tell you exactly that. These people need help, not hate. And our legal system and correctional system is set up for that. It's not perfect, but it IS there... for those who really want to get help.

Do YOU, personally, know what Lamar's deal is? Are you friends with the arresting officer, or the DA in charge of that case?

Hmmm?

As I mentioned before, IF you've got some SPECIFIC information with which to HANG Lamar (as you seem so intent to do - and myself included, so you might as well throw up TWO nooses over the nearest tree branch), please let us in on it.

My last .02:

Got compassion?

No?

Too bad. You have my sincere sympathy. Living with hate is living in hell.

Yeah, well I've got your sympathy swinging low. I really like the way you try to give a backhanded take. A real humble guy. Ha!
I stand by my post. Lamar was a below average running back who had one sensational game for us. He has'nt learned his lession imo. He's left one guy in a wheel chair for life and still drinks and drives. Go get your own research as you don't have any facts to back up his sainthood.
I don't have any compassion for idiots who don't learn from their mistakes. Theres a few poster here will tell you that NFL players are held to a higher standard then us because they are role models whether they like it or not. Deal with it.

Originally posted by Den54
Yeah check his most recent stint with the Panthers.
If I remember corectly he was busted for DWI.
I've got your forgiveness and remorse right here pal.

Griese is a drunk ;p

Whew!

Originally posted by Den54
Yeah, well I've got your sympathy swinging low. I really like the way you try to give a backhanded take. A real humble guy. Ha!

I stand by my post. Lamar was a below average running back who had one sensational game for us. He has'nt learned his lession imo. He's left one guy in a wheel chair for life and still drinks and drives. Go get your own research as you don't have any facts to back up his sainthood.

I don't have any compassion for idiots who don't learn from their mistakes. Theres a few poster here will tell you that NFL players are held to a higher standard then us because they are role models whether they like it or not. Deal with it.

Den54, dude, I still think you need a hug, man! :peace:

For the record, I agree with you that Lamar has NOT learned his lesson. Obviously, he's still struggling with alcoholism. But, hey, you're really going to tell me that... in your own life... you've never made a same mistake twice? That is, you've ALWAYS learned from ALL your mistakes... first time out? WOW, man! That's really amazing. I'm impressed. So glad I can still have compassion for you... 'cause if you'd EVER have been one of those "idiots who don't learn from their own mistakes"... well, gosh, that would just suck. That is, I just wouldn't have you available as a role model anymore! :rolleyes:

There's NO EXCUSE for drinking and driving. Ok? But can you at least CONSIDER the possibility that you punish a person for WHAT THEY'VE DONE and not for WHO THEY ARE.

I'm sorry, but you just totally come off as sounding like YOU KNOW who Lamar Smith is... you KNOW everything about him and why he is who/how he is... and he's just a BAAAAAAAD apple, man. Rotten to the core! :goof:

I hope you never have to be judged with the same vehemence you seem to bare to this man... whom you do NOT know.

I'm done with this. Please, have the last word!

Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
forgiveness yes. sympathy no way, repeat offenders need to spend time behind bars befor some innocent person or persons ends up in a casket. den 54 have you had some personal inccident involving a drunk driver? if im being to personal forgive me bro.

True... but...

Originally posted by Va.fin fan
forgiveness yes. sympathy no way, repeat offenders need to spend time behind bars befor some innocent person or persons ends up in a casket.

No problem with this. I couldn't agree more.

Again, (damn it, is there a single lawyer in the house? this is hard to believe.) nobody here appears to have any CONCRETE facts on Lamar's DUI from last year. Not even what his blood-alcohol level actually was, or anything. No circumstancial evidence (was he taking any medications that might have had an adverse reaction with so much as one glass of beer, etc.)?!? Nothing.

Amazing.

Yet there are people who are totally ready to pass NOT ONLY judgement... but sentencing. Hmmm...

Reminds me of the Bible quote where Jesus asks the mob which of them could look inside themselves and find no sin... let them throw the first rock.

Please pardon my waxing Biblical, folks... just trying to make a point.

You know, there's a reason why we all agree to have our crimes judged in a court of law... before a jury of our peers... presided over by a judge... represented by legal council... etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
81 - McMichael.......there are certain things in life that deserve 3rd and 4th chances......but in my opinion lamar is an idiot for his repeat offense....

as i stated before.....lamar should KNOW that 1 BEER is his limit if he has his keys in his pocket....anything more will give him a dui.....he knows this and is an idiot no matter how slightly he may have failed....the fact that he had ANY alcohol and drove is rediculous with his history.....

getting a DUI/DWI is bad enough, but couple that with what he did in seatlle if you don't LEARN from that and actually fail another breathalizer while driving means you are an a$$ as well as being an idiot.....

if he had a speeding problem it would be different, but a DUI problem is inexcuseable, ESPECIALLY for a man in his position with his history....

the facts of his dui in carolina are meaningless.....the fact that he actually drove with ANY AMOUNT of alcohol is worrisome......just glad he doesn't live in my town....

bro. i love it when you you use the word, but in that same story in the bible Jesus told the women where are your accusers. has no one condemned you?.she said there is none Lord .;and he said neither do I condemn you go and sin no more.; john 8:10-11
Bro im not his judge or jury. but the law is the law if he did blow positive then he broke the law' and should be accoutable for his actions. Jesus will forgive him and so will i.but he should still have to pay if convicted in a court of law.

fins 1, that part of that statement is taken out of context. the complete statement questions how lamar himself is "paying" for his past mistakes. by his actions last season, he is not doing very well.

no, there is no amount of money that i would accept for the loss of any part of me. and i am not saying it is ok for lamar now since portions of his contracts go to the victim.

it is clear that lamar needs some help and i hope he gets it. i do not believe that he is a bad person, but he has clearly been making bad decisions.

Re: Whew!

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Den54, dude, I still think you need a hug, man! :peace:

For the record, I agree with you that Lamar has NOT learned his lesson. Obviously, he's still struggling with alcoholism. But, hey, you're really going to tell me that... in your own life... you've never made a same mistake twice? That is, you've ALWAYS learned from ALL your mistakes... first time out? WOW, man! That's really amazing. I'm impressed. So glad I can still have compassion for you... 'cause if you'd EVER have been one of those "idiots who don't learn from their own mistakes"... well, gosh, that would just suck. That is, I just wouldn't have you available as a role model anymore! :rolleyes:

There's NO EXCUSE for drinking and driving. Ok? But can you at least CONSIDER the possibility that you punish a person for WHAT THEY'VE DONE and not for WHO THEY ARE.

I'm sorry, but you just totally come off as sounding like YOU KNOW who Lamar Smith is... you KNOW everything about him and why he is who/how he is... and he's just a BAAAAAAAD apple, man. Rotten to the core! :goof:

I hope you never have to be judged with the same vehemence you seem to bare to this man... whom you do NOT know.

I'm done with this. Please, have the last word!

Peace!

This is too laughable:lol:
But what the hey, I'll play along. Yes I've made mistakes in life and take pride in learning from them. You see I'm father and a role model for my son so I have to hold myself to a high standard at least in in presence because yes I'm not perfect. I really don't need people like Lamar or you on the road. Let me tell you what if I screwed up like Lamar did and nearly took a few lives and did'nt learn from it I would expect to be thrown in prison for a good length of time. I love the way you try to seperate the act and the person.:rolleyes: We are the decisions we make in life just as the fruit is a part of the tree. Everyone passes judgement on everyone every day thats how you make intelligent decisions on who you wish to associate with. By reading your last few posts I see you're pretty good at it.
Now go preach else where bibleboy.

I wish Lamar well in Green Bay. I remember after the Indy Playoff game he said he couldn't hardly move for the next three days. It takes alot of courage to keep going like he has in life. The physical and mental challenges he's faced would probably astound me. Regarding his alcohol problem I can attest first hand that there is only one power that can beat alcohol and drug addiction. Had I not found it I'm sure I'd be dead today.

Back
Top Bottom