Lamar Jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Jackson

Still don't want him.

Great athlete for sure.

Not the QB Gase wants to run his offense. Very complex offense as we saw this year.

Mayfield makes much more sense for a Gase ran offense.

Jackson will have his moments on Sundays for sure.

I couldnt read all of it. Too much info to digest. I'll come back later to try and finish the rest of this informative piece.

Did you have to create a thread about the guy there's a million in the draft forum

Never wanted him. His hype and style remind me of Michael Vick. Flashes of brilliance and Greek athletic gifts but tends to be the focal piece, detracts from surrounding pieces and can be shutdown to prevent winning the big games.

Great stat machine, but can't consistently deliver in the big moments. And I'm still shocked how much people fall for the Bobby Petrino QB. It's great sizzle, just no meat on that steak.

That last throw was 65 yards across his body in full gallop

Two of those ints weren’t on him but when he misses he misses high. Lots of flat footed throws too.

What bothers me most other than if you throw high in the middle of the field you got serious problems is he looks like he plays to contact. That’s a bad recipe

Needs to throw the ball away more when he’s hemmed in but I don’t guess he will ever mentally feel like a play is over

It’s pistol and zone read all the way at the next level.

That last throw was 65 yards across his body in full gallop

Two of those ints weren’t on him but when he misses he misses high. Lots of flat footed throws too.

What bothers me most other than if you throw high in the middle of the field you got serious problems is he looks like he plays to contact. That’s a bad recipe

Needs to throw the ball away more when he’s hemmed in but I don’t guess he will ever mentally feel like a play is over

It’s pistol and zone read all the way at the next level.
This is what bothers me about Jackson, he throws too many passes flat footed as if he's trying to guide the ball.

Not the QB Gase wants to run his offense. Very complex offense as we saw this year.

Mayfield makes much more sense for a Gase ran offense.

Jackson will have his moments on Sundays for sure.
The only way Miami gets mayfield is if they trade up for him.

Not my favorite qb in the draft, but his running ability will force defenses to adjust and will open up running lanes for backs and will get linebackers and safeties keeping an eye on him a second or two longer which will create passing opportunities as well. Miami's never really had that type of qb. He doesn't fit Gase's system but he'll be interesting to watch. Another thing to watch about Jackson, Where ever he lands would be a perfect landing spot for Kaepernick as well. You have two similar players and a vet that could hold the job for a while until Jackson is ready for his shot.

The only way Miami gets mayfield is if they trade up for him.

I would be surprised. Those measurables don't lend itself to a top 10 pick, never have. That said the spotlight is on and if he dominates this next game or two against top level defenses, somebody will roll the dice.

Still think a trade up in the back end of the first ala Bridgewater will ultimately be his landing spot.

Back
Top Bottom