Lamar Miller | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Miller

Do you see the travesty that is the offensive line that can't hold onto a block for longer than half a second? There is no way in hell you can blame Miller when he has defenders in his face the second he touches the ball. We're not talking about a poor season behind an average offensive line, we're talking a poor season behind an atrocious line - a historically bad offensive line. Miller is not the problem. C'mon

I really thought we should have kept Bush...

Not sure what it was, but it seemed like Philbin and the coaching staff had a thing against Reggie. Which baffled me, because he was a good leader and seemed to work hard. I hope Philbin's ego didn't lead to Reggie's departure and us being stuck with a sub-par RB corps...

Hold on, you said...Philbin's ego? Did I read that right?

Holy hell.

20080731_simplejack1-1.jpg

Hold on, you said...Philbin's ego? Did I read that right?

Holy hell.

20080731_simplejack1-1.jpg

I said that because it seemed like the team made a special point of getting rid of the "leadership council". All of them are gone. Of that was indeed the case, that would have to be one of philbin's initiatives because they clashed with his philosophy, or they weren't buying into his message.

Do you see the travesty that is the offensive line that can't hold onto a block for longer than half a second? There is no way in hell you can blame Miller when he has defenders in his face the second he touches the ball. We're not talking about a poor season behind an average offensive line, we're talking a poor season behind an atrocious line - a historically bad offensive line. Miller is not the problem. C'mon

not even one yard a carry lol

Miller made some good runs against the Saints and Colts...id say the O-Line is to blame mostly.

I say stop giving the ball to Daniel Thomas ever!! Miller needs to be fed the ball a lot. We were so unbalanced today in a close game. Mix it up but get Miller the ball. I believe he can make plays.

Miller averages 4.7 yards per carry if anything they need to use him more and take advantage of his big play ability and stop putting in DT!!

IMO until they fix the O-line issues I think they should have Tannehill rollout on pass plays a little more. Hes very accurate while on the run. Sure around half them sacks are because he holds the ball to long, so if he needs more time have him roll out instead of just standing there. utilize his speed a little.

Lots of issues at play here. First of all, Philbin really doesn't care about the running game. It's obvious in the formations, with such a ridiculous abuse of the shotgun. We have no business running such a high percentage of plays from the shotgun with a quarterback on Tannehill's level. He would be markedly more effective under center with a mix of power based runs and play action. Sherman said a few weeks ago that Philbin is the type who wants to abandon the run completely if every run is gaining only a yard or two. And that's a very predictable mindset and fault, coming from a program like Green Bay. I warned about it when we signed him, that a coach who got spoiled by Aaron Rodgers likely wouldn't grasp that you can't have the same imbalance and abuse of finesse with a moderate quarterback instead of a superstar. Philbin made a disgraceful comment before the Cleveland game, that the running game wasn't a priority during preseason but now it's the top priority. Sparano or Cameron would have been ridiculed for something like that but somehow Philbin escaped scrutiny.

Early in the season we lined up in the shotgun on every 3rd and short play, and then we wonder a few weeks later why our running plays in that scenario are being stuffed.

SkapePhin described it well, that the coaching staff and Ireland soured on Reggie Bush early last season. It was obvious they'd let him go. And it was stubborn and ignorant. As I emphasized in the offseason, Lamar Miller may not stutter step but he surrenders yards in different ways than Reggie, by running softly to the edge and all but sitting down if an opening is not there. Those opening two short yardage plays today were ridiculous and set the tone for the entire game, that Baltimore was simply more physical. If there's a disappointment on the entire team so far, it's that we're not as rugged as a season ago, on either side of the ball. Lamar Miller depicts the new Dolphin attitude very well, that we'll prance to daylight if it's wide open but otherwise we can't be bothered to break a tackle or fight for a reception or avoid a sack.

Funny that the same people who absorb Tannehill from every problem and put it on the OL turn around and claim that our RBs are crap.

Despite the problems Tannehill threw for 307 yards, a TD, and no picks. The RBs had a whoppping 16 yards between them. On an early possession we got nine yards on first down and couldn't convert.

I am very disappointed in Miller not being able to gain a yard or two on 3rd downs. (aside from being a poor blocker and dropping passes in the flat.)

Back
Top Bottom