Lance or Law | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lance or Law

LarryFinFan said:
Well, Law was a better CB than Lance is a safety now, but you can't say that Law will ever be the guy he was due to age and injury...His injury (plantar fascia tear) is a difficult injury for a DB to come back from. Schulters is a better bargain for us.

I completely dissagree about PS and Law...I'd say they are (in their prime) really close in talent. They are different types of CBs for two different defenses. Law was, IMO, always overrated because of the system he played in. PS could have played as well as he did in JJs system in BB system, but Law would not have been as good a CB in JJs system as PS...

And for that very reason (since we will now be playing the same type of DB system) we are probably in a little better position in CB rotation than we all think right now (with Poole's injury). I am more concerned about safety (both SS and FS). I still feel that Tbuc Jones is a downgrade compared to Knight (and he wasn't that good, particularly last year). Tillman is an unknown, Bua is changing positions, Bell has been injured, although showed some good work in TC last year. So we have unknowns and holes in the safety positions. In the CB position, we at least have two guys who have and can play. We are weak in backups, nickel and dime guys. The only saving grace about both positions is that the secondary is Saban's particular forte.

Bua is a safety. It was DW who changed his position. Bua was a safety in college. That is his natural position.

AZfinfan said:
your kidding right, I agree he is really ****y and wouldn't be a good investement for the Dolphins financially, but come on when he is healthy he is top 3. Hate to say it but health Law is better than Surtain was.

In his prime maybe. Law is 31 now and coming off a major injury. He may fully recover and be an elite CB for a couple more years, but the odds are against him. Its not that often you see a Darrell Green kind of DB that still plays at a high level while drawing social security.

L.s.

We need Lance bad, now that Tillmans hurt. Law is a great player but we dont need his attitude and money hungry vibe. Law can go play for the Raiders.:evil:

Probably won't get either - but if we get one, I hope it's Lance.

Dudeman said:
if they signed Lance, it would be to a tebucky jones type deal....a 3 year deal that has a HUGE roster bonus after year 1, so thats its essentially only a 1 year deal.

that said, I'm not enamoured with either. Saban said from his intro PC that he wanted to get younger, and we are going in the exact opposite direction.

I actually think that we're perfectly fine without either one of them.

Lance is 30, and Tebucky will be 31 this year. The more older veterans they sign, thats one less spot for a guy for the future, whether it be a Bua, Bell, Elam or somebody like that.

Its obvious that Tillman was a guy that Saban had his eyes on since the beginning, and his injury isnt anything serious. What he did was stupid, but Saban wasn't going to cut the very first signing of his tenure.

I wont no part of Ty whatsoever and as many have already said, he's a me-first player.

You read my mind, I dont want us to lose sight that we are rebuilding. Lets give these young guys a chance.

Lance, Law is good except he will demand too much money and with all his injuries I dont think he'll be playing that much longer.

Let's just assume Schulters signs elsewhere. Who the hell is going to start at safety???....

Jones / ???....

Bua???....yeah right. How about Edwards??...toast city. Tillman coming back???...this guy has sucked everywhere he's been. Worthless....

If we end up losing out on Schulters, a player we can afford and are in dire need of, I'll be the first in line to criticize Saban / Mueller for screwing it up. There should be no excuses for letting a player like Schulters slip away, especially when we already had him in our grasp....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Let's just assume Schulters signs elsewhere. Who the hell is going to start at safety???....

Jones / ???....

Bua???....yeah right. How about Edwards??...toast city. Tillman coming back???...this guy has sucked everywhere he's been. Worthless....

If we end up losing out on Schulters, a player we can afford and are in dire need of, I'll be the first in line to criticize Saban / Mueller for screwing it up. There should be no excuses for letting a player like Schulters slip away, especially when we already had him in our grasp....

PHINZ RULE!!!
I agree to a point. I am ready to give Saban a little more lee-way this year. Maybe he doesn't think we need him... I am not sure. I am not going to pull out the guys to smoke him. YET.

Oboy said:
I agree to a point. I am ready to give Saban a little more lee-way this year. Maybe he doesn't think we need him... I am not sure. I am not going to pull out the guys to smoke him. YET.

Maybe I was alittle harsh.....

I know Saban and Muelller have a plan, I just hope Schulters is part of it.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

AZfinfan said:
your kidding right, I agree he is really ****y and wouldn't be a good investement for the Dolphins financially, but come on when he is healthy he is top 3. Hate to say it but health Law is better than Surtain was.

Nope, don't agree with him being better that Surtain when healthy. I agree he is real good, and I will take his ****y a$$ on our team, but I think Surtain has an edge on him.

who knows? right am i right. who knows?

:shakeno: :confused: :confused: :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom