Laron Landry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Laron Landry

thebigshow405

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With the obvious need at safety and the availability of a top notch LSU safety in the first round, wouldnt it make sense to draft Laron Landry in round 1? Anyone opposed to this? Also, how did he do in LSU's pro-day?

He was on Mel Kipers big board of top talent for the first round, as well as some mock drafts. He changed his mind?

Yeah he's going back to LSU, but yeah he would of been a perfect pick at 16.

well theres always next year. 32 would be a great spot for landry if he lasts that long :)

Yeah, ok. The guy was projected a mid first rounder in this year's draft. Next year, he will be a top 10 pick.

safeties never go top 10

but he would of been our pick at 16 this year I think. he is electric one of those rare ed reed almost type of safeties that do it all (not as good as ed though)

Not that they never go top 10, just not often. It has to be the rare exception like Roy Williams or Sean Taylor . . . a guy that can change a game and who dominated in college.

I always wondered if there is like a rule that prohibits former college coachs like Saban to talk to his old players like Landry. Like if Saban called him up before the deadline to declare and said "Laron, if you declare this year I promise you will go top 16. Wink, wink." Anybody know if that is allowed.

Back
Top Bottom