last minute MONKEY WRENCH!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

last minute MONKEY WRENCH!!!!

NRA

Roll Gypsy Roll
Reaction score
what if miami goes DEFENSE? :bugeye:

ireland gave a sound bite a couple weeks back about not forgetting defense. as much as we need offense, we do have a couple of real issues on the defensive side, namely a pass rusher other than cam and a HUGE question mark at NT. soooooooooooooo...............

if we suprise all and go defense, the pick will be...........PHIL TAYLOR!!

listen, we have soliel who made some real strides at nose last year, but nothing super consistant. the finz had no choice but to franchise him and give him bux to secure him for the season and not get caught with there pants down.

the most important position in the 3-4 is a dominant nose and soliel hasnt answered the question. i truelly believe that PHIL TAYLOR will be the next monster nfl NT.

the jets covet him and word is the pats do to. other teams outside the division like the saints also want him.

worst case? soliel pans out and is a great nt. we now have two awsome NT's and most 3-4 teams are lucky to have one! and, when we switch into 4-3 fronts [or we go to a 4-3 when a new staff comes in] we have scary DT's. plus, it foils the jets who believe want him in the WORST way. an injury to soliel would be devestating to us at this point.

so this isnt a way off pick. i still say that we are going to go offense, but, if there is a MAJOR suprise, this is my prediction.

BPA.... If its Taylor, so be it. Lots of guys will be FA on the d line after this season. Wouldnt be a surprise

If we surprise and go defense, it'll be either: Aldon Smith or Peterson/Amukamara falls. Those are the only defensive players I could see the Dolphins selecting at 15. If they trade down, then who knows.

Back
Top Bottom