Last Night's Game Evaluation (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last Night's Game Evaluation (merged)

nyrican

LONG SEASON DOLFANS
Reaction score
last night's game

I know it's only pre-season but you guys looked awful!

What happend to Ricky ?

Ray Lucas played well you have nice recv'rs but the Off. and Jay

Fiedler for some reason are bent on throwing the ball to the

sidelines and it nearly got picked off...

Your Defensive line got shredded by the run .. Tampa Bay looked

and played pumped up and the Fins did not..

See you on the 22nd of Sept..... in the Heat at the Stadium

formly know as Joe Robbie.......
;)

Re: last night's game

Originally posted by nyrican
I know it's only pre-season but you guys looked awful!

What happend to Ricky ?

Ray Lucas played well you have nice recv'rs but the Off. and Jay

Fiedler for some reason are bent on throwing the ball to the

sidelines and it nearly got picked off...

Your Defensive line got shredded by the run .. Tampa Bay looked

and played pumped up and the Fins did not..

See you on the 22nd of Sept..... in the Heat at the Stadium

formly know as Joe Robbie.......
;)

What happened to Ricky? He only touched the ball 5 times... with Tampa playing 8 in the box, and blitzing on every play... what did you expect? As for the run D... I don't think you saw much more than a very basic scheme.... you can count on seeing different packages when the real games start...

Looking forward to 9/22!! The beginning of the end of the Jets season!!

ricky

don't you think that teams are going to do the same thing in the

regular season ?????

or are they going to let Ricky run all over the place... NOT !!! remember Mr. Smith ???? last year ????

your darn right we will see on the 22nd of Sept...

NY...you are right...the Phins came out flat last night and it showed...but you know what...I am not worried in the least...We almost always have a bad preseason, but we are going for our 11th straight opening day win...The Jets on the other hand always seem to have a great preseason, but struggle in the regular season...If you ask me, I would rather have a bad preseason but have a strong regular season...jmho

Last Night's Game Evaluation

LET'S START OFF WITH SPECIAL TEAMS :fire: MARE KICK WAS DRIBBLER THAT IS WHEN THE WHOLE SPECIAL TEAM UNIT HESISTATED A LITTLE TO GET DOWN FIELD THAT MISHAP LEAD TO THE TD BUT, TB STECKER MADE A NICE BLOCK ON MARE TO FREE MURPHY.

1ST OFFENSE : :mad: The penalties killed them on the first drive but, after that series we moved the ball quite well with passing it overall I feel they did well. ( OL needs a little bit more gelling to open some holes for Ricky. (Grade B-).

1ST DEFENSE: :( Lots of mistackles but, overall we kept them from scoring on us. (Run defense will improve) Grade (C)

Our other units did far better though we have serious depth on our roster. Grade (A-).

Remember Dolfans these preseason games our for evaluation not for winning or losing and for "no injuries". So, our 1st sting D did not allow any points but, allowed some long runs on the right side of the defense. This will be corrected.

BUCS : Did not do anything on offense with the 1st unit. They did not score until the 2nd units were out there. So, in away they only scored 1 TD on our defensive units.

DOLPHINS: We scored a TD and FG on there 2nd and 3rd units. So, really we did win even though the scoreboard says the lather.

All in all I think these games are meaningless until Sept 8th so it does not matter but, yes we do need to improve with this fvcked up schedule we have for this pre-season we have no time to adjust or correct mistakes because we play again on Thursday which means NO practices for Tuesday or Wednesday maybe a walkthrough on Wed. before playing the Saints on Thursday. Well the game is being televised live on WWL4 CBS in New Orleans which means if you have a C-BAND Statelite you can pick it up on (BIG ONE) on frequency 4512. or just go to your local sports bar or club and it will be on.

Later for now,

GO DOLPHINS ALL WAY TO SAN DIEGO!!

(Living in Long Beach, CA ,this will not be a long commute to the Super Bowl for me).

:D GO DOLPHINS !!! :D:

Re: Last Night's Game Evaluation

Bucs could run and stop the run and won the ST battle big time - though their FG kicking sucked, too.

The Fins could pass and stop the pass and that is it.

I would say I would take the Bucs performance over the Fins anyday, but yes it is only preseason

Not only was it a pre-season game, but we have another game in like 3 days. Were you expecting our 1st team to play all game and at an All Pro level for the first of several meaningless games?

its the preseason...you cant get crazy about anything that happened last night...the most important thing was there were no injuries (except for galyon)...as the rock says...IT DOESNT MATTER

Re: Re: Last Night's Game Evaluation

Originally posted by dolphan39
Bucs could run and stop the run and won the ST battle big time - though their FG kicking sucked, too.

The Fins could pass and stop the pass and that is it.

I would say I would take the Bucs performance over the Fins anyday, but yes it is only preseason

u see this is what i like about this norv turner offense. norv saw the 8 anbd 9 in the box and started to do quick screens and slants and such. so we still moved the ball at will against them. norv swithces up better than anyone in the league. he will take what the defense gives him. and we have many options to look for compared to chans bread and butter(no TE and FB). our problem was penalties at first. they killed our drives. then minors fumble. then missed FG. after further review, i am very pleased cus i saw a much better offense that will click on all four cylinders come mid season no doubt! our WR are healthy and very good and deep with speed and randy mcmicheals is the real deal. add ricky williams to the mix and all of a sudden. power! we just need LT security and stop the mistakes. know your job!!! thats why i feel good cus those things will get corrected!

Back
Top Bottom