Last of the Shula era players? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last of the Shula era players?

I think T-Buck was a free agent signing of Jimmy he never played for Shula. I know he was drafted by Green Bay out of FSU. Vincent and Coleman are the only two left from Shula's last draft class.

Nighthawk said:
I think T-Buck was a free agent signing of Jimmy he never played for Shula. I know he was drafted by Green Bay out of FSU. Vincent and Coleman are the only two left from Shula's last draft class.

He just came to mind because he's always said he's a Dolphin at heart.

Vincent and Coleman (who's going to retiring soon too) are the last two Shula draftees to still be on NFL Rosters. Also, NO, Richmond was not thinking about upstaging anyone, that's not his style. The past two seasons, he truly thought he could still play and wanted to catch on with someone. I think reality set in and he said let me go ahead and do this. Richmond is one of the best all time Dolphins and I will never forget the years he gave to Dan Marino to aid in making Danny as successful as he was.

Troy Vincent, Marco Coleman, Terrell Buckley, Chris Gray, Norman Hand, Tyoka Jackson, and Dave Moore all played in 2004.

dolfanmark said:
Troy Vincent, Marco Coleman, Terrell Buckley, Chris Gray, Norman Hand, Tyoka Jackson, and Dave Moore all played in 2004.
Only the first two were were drafted by or played for Shula.

Samphin said:
Buckley wasn't drafted by Shula.

But, he was acquired for the Dolphins by Shula in a trade. One poster said that T-Buck never played for Shula. Not true. In fact, I give Shula credit for turning Buckley into a good player. When he got to Miami, T-Buck rode the bench behind JB Brown. I think it made Buckley realize that he played out of control, and took too many chances. As that first season in Miami wore on, Buckley learned to take fewer chances, and as such, become a pretty solid corner.

Nighthawk said:
Only the first two were were drafted by or played for Shula.

Not true. Chris Gray was drafted by Don Shula in 1993, and played for Shula for 3 seasons. Dave Moore was drafted by Shula in 1992, and made the team's roster. Tyoka Jackson was undrafted college free agent signed by Shula in 1994, and he played for the Dolphins for 2 years. And Norman Hand was drafted by Don Shula in 1995, and spent 2 years on the Dolphins' roster.

dolfanmark said:
Not true. Chris Gray was drafted by Don Shula in 1993, and played for Shula for 3 seasons. Dave Moore was drafted by Shula in 1992, and made the team's roster. Tyoka Jackson was undrafted college free agent signed by Shula in 1994, and he played for the Dolphins for 2 years. And Norman Hand was drafted by Don Shula in 1995, and spent 2 years on the Dolphins' roster.
I stand corrected.

Back
Top Bottom