Last time we played the Ravens.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last time we played the Ravens....

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The Ravens game earlier this year......

Jason Ferguson was hurt.... tried to play for a quarter but couldn't go for the rest of the game. So that's our starting nose on a 3-4 defense.... probably the most important player on the defense.

That wouldn't have been so bad considering everyone has backups and we could have just put in the backup NT, but the problem was for some insane reason Tony Sparano did not let him play that game (team infraction). I'm sorry but when your starting nose is out, you DO NOT SUSPEND YOUR BACKUP NOSE THE SAME WEEK!!!! (Inexcusable, you suspend him when Ferguson gets healthy again, not the same week he's hurt, that probably had the biggest effect on why we lost that game....)

Luckily Ferguson is healthy, and Soliai is a capable big nose as long as Sparano doesn't bench him for this one =p

So I really like our chances of stopping their run game MUCH more effectively when we have our 2 BIGGEST PLAYERS ON THE ENTIRE TEAM both READY, as opposed to both OUT as in our first matchup. (when they ran all over us)

Jason Ferguson was hurt. Missed the entire game. So that's our starting nose on a 3-4 defense.... probably the most important player on the defense.

That wouldn't have been so bad considering everyone has backups and we could have just put in the backup NT, but the problem was for some insane reason Tony Sparano did not let him play that game (team infraction). I'm sorry but when your starting nose is out, you DO NOT SUSPEND YOUR BACKUP NOSE THE SAME WEEK!!!! (Inexcusable, you suspend him when Ferguson gets healthy again, not the same week he's hurt, that probably had the biggest part of why we lost that game....)

Luckily Ferguson is healthy, and Ngata is a capable big nose as long as Sparano doesn't bench him for this one =p

So I really like our chances of stopping their run game MUCH more effectively when we have our 2 BIGGEST PLAYERS ON THE ENTIRE TEAM both READY, as opposed to both OUT as in our first matchup. (when they ran all over us)

Ferguson didn't miss the entire game, he left in the first quarter/early second quarter . . . Soliai was already suspended before the injury happened. Guarantee he won't be suspending Soliai for this one . . . he actually has been pretty decent this year . . . will be in the running to be our future NT.

If u break team rules, u need to be punished, and I don't know what Soliai did . . . but if Tony suspended him, he doesn't need to be doing that. That has been the only knock on him . . . because he has gotten praise from alot of his teammates.

Ferguson didn't miss the entire game, he left in the first quarter/early second quarter . . . Soliai was already suspended before the injury happened. Guarantee he won't be suspending Soliai for this one . . . he actually has been pretty decent this year . . . will be in the running to be our future NT.

If u break team rules, u need to be punished, and I don't know what Soliai did . . . but if Tony suspended him, he doesn't need to be doing that. That has been the only knock on him . . . because he has gotten praise from alot of his teammates.

I didn't know Soliai was already suspended before the injury happened I actually thought Ferguson got hurt the week before and was questionable throughout the next 2 weeks.

I just think the major thing to notice from the game is both our #1 and #2 nose tackles were gone, and we had to do things like put Starks at nose to even attempt to stop their run... I think this week will be much better with our two biggest players both ready.

and thanks for pointing out he tried to play the first quarter I remember watching that but forgot to put it in the post

Back
Top Bottom