VS

Ja'mar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
DeVonta Smith
Kyle Pitts
Rashod Bateman
Kadarius Toney
Elijah Moore

Which draft do you feel has more talent?

Last edited:
Last year. Bateman, Toney and Moore don't really do it for me.

But both top end classes.

They are very similar...

...and I think this is what it will be like every year from now on.

Most NCAA programs have gone to wide open offenses and... let's face it, the athletes themselves are VERY similar from year to year. This about opportunity, and there are probably 50 programs that can produce an NFL WR now.

Think about this for a moment. Last year, do you remember how many FH posters said that we HAD to draft a WR because a class like this is NEVER going to come again?

...and then it did.

And I bet that it does next year too.

Someone will catch 20 TDs for Alabama... someone else will catch 15 for LSU... and the hype machine will start all over again.

Reagor and Aiyuk were also 1st RD picks, and Pittman was also drafted early. Terrace Marshall belongs on the 2021 list ahead of Toney.

I'll take 2021's Top 6 + Pitts over 2020's Top 7, and I don't think it's close. I like 2020's depth more, though.

I have Pitts, Smith and Chase above anybody in the 2020 class.

Because they are.

Jefferson produced the best rookie season but was the 2nd or 3rd best receiver on his LSU team. The best receiver from that LSU team is in this 2021 class.

If Smith and Waddle had come out in 2020, they likely would have been rated higher than Jeudy by quite a few.

Pitts is the icing on the cake. A player considered a TE that could also be considered the best WR prospect from either class.

You didn’t list Waddle, and he seems to be the consensus 3rd or 4th guy, but had he been able to declare in 2020 he’d have been my #1 receiver (since Smith and Chase didn’t/couldn’t declare).

Ceedee Lamb
Justin Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Jerry Juedy
Tee Higgins
Henry Ruggs III

VS

Ja'mar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
DeVonta Smith
Kyle Pitts
Rashod Bateman
Kadarius Toney
Elijah Moore

Which draft do you feel has more talent?

last year had more boundary guys, this year is stronger in the slot.

Because they are.

Jefferson produced the best rookie season but was the 2nd or 3rd best receiver on his LSU team. The best receiver from that LSU team is in this 2021 class.

If Smith and Waddle had come out in 2020, they likely would have been rated higher than Jeudy by quite a few.

Pitts is the icing on the cake. A player considered a TE that could also be considered the best WR prospect from either class.

You didn’t list Waddle, and he seems to be the consensus 3rd or 4th guy, but had he been able to declare in 2020 he’d have been my #1 receiver (since Smith and Chase didn’t/couldn’t declare).
I have just Waddle behind Jeudy and Lamb and about the same level as Jefferson.

Including Pitts as a WR(which is what he is)puts 21 clearly ahead of last year.

Without him I would still give a slight edge to 21 but it is not fair since one class had a year in the NFL to show what they can do.

Based on last years class before they played Pro I would give 21 a bigger edge since Jefferson and Claypool outplayed their Draft status significantly.

Back
Top Bottom