Late night Dolphin thoughts and reflections | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late night Dolphin thoughts and reflections

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I still believe we will make the playoffs and have a shot at doing some damage. I just keep thinking about what could have been. First of all, thoughts on this past offseason: Our draft upsets me. Everyone is hurt!!! It makes me sick we didn't draft Anquin Boldin (especially him), Calico, Washington, or even Burleson in the second round damnit. I thought for sure we'd take a WR or OL, but no we take a LB that is on IR all year and that we didn't even need!!!!
We should have just kept D Rodgers and drafted a WR in the second. We didn't get crap for Rodgers and he's having a solid year (3rd on Saints tackles, 3 for loss, 1 int for TD). That would have left us with four solid LBs instead of three. Morlon is playing pretty solid this year and making some plays. Eddie Moore was less of a necessity than a WR or OL d@mnit and I knew this the minute we took him!!!!! Makes me mad every time I think about it!!! I mean come on BOLDIN IS FROM FLORIDA AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN A BEAST!!!! IF WE HAD BOLDIN AND CHAMBERS, IT'D BE A WHOLE DIFFERENT OFFENSE!!!!!!!! Then we give New England next years second for a completely worthless Taylor Whitley pick in the third. Whitley will never be good. An undrafted Yates is better than him. Wade Smith and Donald Lee were very solid choices. Jenkins is a good STer. Tolver is an unknown. Seau was a great trade. The Griese deal blew ( I was totally in favor of Griese I will admit). D Thompson hasn't panned out. Charlie Rogers, not his fault he gets no blocking. Sammy Knight was an excellent pick-up. Why we started the season with Royals I will never understand, he sucked all along. I was screaming for Andy Groom to get a shot. Turk is solid though. At least we fixed this. T-Buck was an excellent pick-up, keeps Fletcher from getting too much PT. We need to spend more money in the form of bonuses. We were 24th in total payroll!!!! Spend some dough Huzienga!!! We know you have it!!!!

Now, let me rub my Dolphin genie bottle and get THREE WISHES FOR NEXT OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!!
The 3 things that would make me the happiest in the offseason would be:

a. DRAFT PHILIP RIVERS- He will be the next GREAT QB in the NFL, haven't seen this kind of release or accuracy since you know who. He will be the absolute steal of the draft and best QB in the NFL in a couple of years (not Eli). Do anything possible to get this guy!!!!! Do not miss a chance to get this once-in-a-decade-player!!

b. SIGN TERRELL OWENS- I know this is a pipedream, but damnit it's what I want!! If there is anyway possible we afford him, do it!! It's about time we lay out a big signing bonus and backload a contract. We were 24th in money paid out this season and it shows. The salary cap mysteriously hides the fact that several teams spent $20 million more than us this year. Open up the pocketbook Wayne, we need a PLAYMAKER!!! The cap can be seriously manipulated, and several others teams are doing it, why not us???? This guy would electrify our team opposite Chambers. Imagine Ricky, TO, Chambers, and McMike. UNSTOPPABLE!!!

c. BYE, BYE WANNY- Spielman definitely stays!!!
Now as far as coaches go. I see ten possible choices I'd be happy with: (these coach picks were NOT in order, but I have edited them to reflect my preference)
1. Bob Stoops- 1st choice for sure, brings the "O" and the guts, ready to take a shot in the NFL
2. Tom Coughlin- tough disciplinarian this team could use
5. Dennis Green- got a bum deal in Minny, solid respected coach
9. Jim Fassell- electrify our "O", would make a good fit here
7. Bill Cowher- love the chin and hard-*** attitude
4. Dave McGinnis- under-rated, doing a great job with current scrubs in Az
10. Larry Coker- winner, already in Miami, easy move
8. Romeo Crennel or Charlie Weis- Belichick students will get a shot next season, Patsies would HATE it if either came here
3. Nick Saban- d@mn fine coach, ready for NFL
6. Jim Tressel- proven winner, probably wouldn't leave though
** Just for fun. Dan Marino(at least QB coach)- another pipedream, but he is intense as hell, would be one firey coach!!!!! Dan could make Rivers his mirror image!!

GO FINS!!!!! WHIP THE COWGIRLS!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If we Sign that overhyped loudmouthed cancer Owens I will have to vomit till I bleed every Sunday untill that worthless POS is off the team.

(Believe it or not, I edited this because my first response was a little to harsh)

I like your ideas. I agree with the guy who posted above me (sorry cant read your name) about Owens though. He would make anyone vomit.

I dont think it will take magic to get rid of Wanny at the end of the year. I do think it will take a miracle to get Phillip Rivers.

To is 2nd only to Randy Moss

Originally posted by Barbarian
If we Sign that overhyped loudmouthed cancer Owens I will have to vomit till I bleed every Sunday untill that worthless POS is off the team.

(Believe it or not, I edited this because my first response was a little to harsh)

In terms of Gamebreaking, talented recievers. That may change in a few years with the emergence of Charles Rogers, Andre Johnson, and Anquan Boldin. But TO is hands down one of the best receivers in the game. You put him, CC, OG, McMicheal, and RW on the field and your have an unbeilevable Offense. I would take him in a heartbeat. He alone would fill the seats at JRS.

On another note you might as well scratch Jim Fassel off your wish list or drop him down to last, because he's Dave wandstadt, just skinnier and less Mustache. The Giants have a good qb, two excellent wr's, a good rb, and a game breaking TE, and they can't score a freaking td. Their special teams laughable. Their defense, seems to breakdown and let games slip away. Uhh Huh no way. I have to hear too much about him. up here in NJ.

In terms of Next year, I really like the prince, however, I think we should place a first round tender on him and see if anyone bites. We are stacked at DE and remember a healthy Bowens was slated to be the starter before Ogun busted out. I'm not sure of Fred Smoot's situation, but I'd like to get him or Troy V in Miami playing CB opposite Surtain. I like Madison, but before his stock drops too low, I think we could trade him for a second rounder and get a younger stud to groom in his place. If we get Smoot, we won't need to groom a young cb.

People are always talking about 'system' QBs ... BJ Symmons of Texas Tech is the perfect example of one this year. Well if there were EVER a system coach it would be Coker. What has this guy done other than inherit an NFL calibur team from Butch Davis? Just about anyone could've won with that team Coker got. I'm trying to remind myself that my anti-hurricane sentiment may be altering my perception of this guy, but I just don' think so. I had mad respect for Butch ... but COKER???!!! Gotta be kiddin me!!! Other than that one glaring oversight I agree 100% with your three wishes.

Especially about TO! And Phillip Rivers ... if PR had any kinda defense there at State he would be right there in the Heisman voting along with Jason White and Larry Fitzgerald.

The draft, well hind sight is 20/20 about Boldin, I don't think anyone expected him to have this kind of year. But the front office definitely appeared to neglect the immediate needs on O during the draft.

My personal draft list had Boldin, Calico, and Washington all targeted for our second round pick. I just wanted one of them to slide to us and THEY ALL DID. When we selected Eddie Moore I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!! He was VERY, VERY low on my list. After all of Wanny's BS about him I started to believe a little, but facts are facts. WE DID NOT NEED A LINEBACKER!!! This pick made no sense then, and it makes less sense now. We filled up our defense in Free Agency. The draft should have been Offense picks early PERIOD!!!!!

Re: To is 2nd only to Randy Moss

Originally posted by rhadaddy

In terms of Gamebreaking, talented recievers. That may change in a few years with the emergence of Charles Rogers, Andre Johnson, and Anquan Boldin. But TO is hands down one of the best receivers in the game.

The guy drops more passes than just about any reciever in the game and on top of that he's a horrid cancer in the locker room. Signing Owens would probably cost the dolphins 2 games. Niner fans cannot wait untill that sorry sack of excriment is out of San Francisco and I don't blame them one iota.

You just cant look at talent without looking at character. We made that mistake a decade ago and it cost this team dearly.

Hey Barbarian. Long time no see. :D

About TO, The guy has exceptional talent, that's undeniable. I think if he gets thrown out of San Fran, even with his current attitude, he would be an excellent addition to any team that gets him. Why, because he's got just the right attitude to get really pissed off about the whole thing and come back next year totally focused on making the Niners look like fools.

Man, just thinking about a vengefull focused Terrel Owens on the other side as Chambers, has me drooling at the possiblities.

You may not want him around the second year, but, that first might just get you everything you want from a player.

Plus, the cure for TO's current attitude is maturity. He'll grow into a man and stop the dumbsh*t when he does. Even Moss seems to be growing up now. You just never know when that time is going to come. Although sometimes a bad ending can lead to a new beginning so, it could be worth a gamble, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom