Late round gems, show your favorites | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late round gems, show your favorites

Kaivarae Russell is a later round pick I like.

I always thought he was kind of overrated, but I do like him. As a later rounder, but meh. I'm not overly ennamored by him. I'm shocked how well he tested

i like the sound of Matt judon. Maybe we can develop him..

i I hadn't heard of bj Goodson until we were meeting with him but he shot up the boards to day 2 possibly

I think judon was that 4.9 guy at the combine...i watched a few tapes i didnt see a very good athlete...dominates low level comp...

Heard daniel jeremiah project him in the 2nd round earlier in the process i was like whoof thats rich...havent heard him say it in a while though

id rather have victor ochis first step

Also- whatever we do at runningback I hope it is a day 3 pick. I love prosise but seeing him talked about as a 2nd/early 3rd is nuts to me. 4th / 5th is where I wanna spend on a rb

I like Keith Marshall and that speed but every team will no doubt. I like the dude from eastern Michigan, Jackson? I hope we draft someone with speed

Oh and jim mentioned Anthony brown from Purdue. Maybe a late round prospect to look at, definitely a good athlete

I think judon was that 4.9 guy at the combine...i watched a few tapes i didnt see a very good athlete...dominates low level comp...

Heard daniel jeremiah project him in the 2nd round earlier in the process i was like whoof thats rich...havent heard him say it in a while though

id rather have victor ochis first step

On the site it says 4.73, 30 bench, 7.67 3 cone, 4.52 20 yd shuttle, 35 vert / 109 broad

Ochi as maybe a potential Shelby replacements sort of?

On the site it says 4.73, 30 bench, 7.67 3 cone, 4.52 20 yd shuttle, 35 vert / 109 broad

Ochi as maybe a potential Shelby replacements sort of?

You are right i dont know what his official was but i had him mixed up i guess combine wise...6th year collegiate player...missed all of 2013 with a knee

Ochi as a situational rusher wake insurance...hes not big enough to play every down and its unlikely he ever will be in a 43

What do you guys think about charone peake? I see he's had multiple knee injuries but he sounds like a sleeper

QB Jeff Driskel, La Tech
RB Daniel Lasco, Cal
RB Dwayne Washington, Washington
RB Josh Ferguson, Illinois
RB Devon Johnson, Marshall
WR Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa
WR Kolby Listenbee, TCU
TE Tyler Higbee, Western Kentucky
TE Thomas Duarte, UCLA
OL Joe Thuney, NC State
OG Joe Dahl, Washington State
OG Landon Turner, UNC
OL Parker Ehinger, Cincinnati
DT Adam Gotsis, Georgia Tech
DL Sheldon Day, Notre Dame
DE Bronson Kaufusi, BYU
DE/OLB Dadi Nicholas, Va Tech
DE/OLB Tyrone Holmes, Montana
DE Matt Judon, Grand Valley State
DE/OLB Victor Ochi, Stony Brook
LB Deion Jones, LSU
LB Joe Schobert, Wisconsin
LB Steven Daniels, Boston College
LB Tyler Matakevich, Temple
LB B.J. Goodson, Clemson
LB De'Vondre Campbell, Minnesota
LB Travis Feeney, Washington
CB Maurice Canady, Virginia
CB KeiVarae Russell, Notre Dame
CB Jonathan Jones, Auburn
CB Eric Murray, Minnesota
S Kevin Byard, Middle Tennessee
S Justin Simmons, Boston College
S Deiondre Hall, UNI
S Derrick Kindred, TCU
S D.J. Hunter, Marshall

Not really a complete list but those are some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like A LOT of names on that list ck. Good to see you posting again here lately

Ochis 10 yard split is the kind of thing that i look for...and that split time backs up what you see on tape...that kid gets off the ball with that first step as well as any edge rusher in the class...and thats something tackles will always have to account for

Id draft that as a situational rusher no problem...and miami needs wake insurance

QB Jeff Driskel, La Tech
RB Daniel Lasco, Cal
RB Dwayne Washington, Washington
RB Josh Ferguson, Illinois
RB Devon Johnson, Marshall
WR Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa
WR Kolby Listenbee, TCU
TE Tyler Higbee, Western Kentucky
TE Thomas Duarte, UCLA
OL Joe Thuney, NC State
OG Joe Dahl, Washington State
OG Landon Turner, UNC
OL Parker Ehinger, Cincinnati
DT Adam Gotsis, Georgia Tech
DL Sheldon Day, Notre Dame
DE Bronson Kaufusi, BYU
DE Shawn Oakman, Baylor
DE/OLB Dadi Nicholas, Va Tech
DE/OLB Tyrone Holmes, Montana
DE Matt Judon, Grand Valley State
DE/OLB Victor Ochi, Stony Brook
LB Deion Jones, LSU
LB Joe Schobert, Wisconsin
LB Steven Daniels, Boston College
LB Tyler Matakevich, Temple
LB B.J. Goodson, Clemson
LB De'Vondre Campbell, Minnesota
LB Travis Feeney, Washington
CB Maurice Canady, Virginia
CB KeiVarae Russell, Notre Dame
CB Jonathan Jones, Auburn
CB Eric Murray, Minnesota
S Kevin Byard, Middle Tennessee
S Justin Simmons, Boston College
S Deiondre Hall, UNI
S Derrick Kindred, TCU
S D.J. Hunter, Marshall

Not really a complete list but those are some.

I like your call on Steven Daniels, a thumper who has a suddenness to him. Can blitz, cover and brings it against the run. I'm not sure why he isn't talked about more, Pats looking which makes sense because he played at BC but nothing other than that. A tad short, but unless i'm missing something he's severely underrated.

Ochis 10 yard split is the kind of thing that i look for...and that split time backs up what you see on tape...that kid gets off the ball with that first step as well as any edge rusher in the class...and thats something tackles will always have to account for

Id draft that as a situational rusher no problem...and miami needs wake insurance

I don't dislike Ochi, but I'm seeing a 1.66 10-YS, which is not good.

Patrick Onwuasor, S, Portland State

[video=youtube;1ISmVCkY9wI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ISmVCkY9wI[/video]

PSU talent had 9 int's including 3 vs Montana in 1st qtr, also batted down several probable ints on 4th down to save field position.
Helped PSU team to first FCS Playoffs, and a win over PAC-12 Bowl team Washington State.
Scouting sources have him listed as an OLB, not sure why. At pro day he was 6'01" and 213#. In college he played FS and WR.

2015: 85 tackles 3 TFL, 9 Ints, 11 PD, played S/T. Stats: http://www.goviks.com/custompages/St...5/teamcume.htm
STATS FCS Defensive Player of the Year Runner-up (by 2 points 258-260): http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...he-year-010816
FCS All-American: http://www.goviks.com/news/2015/12/1...215154027.aspx
Personal: http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/in...trick_onw.html
Pro Day: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...draftyear=2016

Hope he gets a shot; he was a man among boys in Big Sky play. I wonder how many talented guys get overlooked...

RW

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think about charone peake? I see he's had multiple knee injuries but he sounds like a sleeper

I like Peake, another height speed receiver that I covet. The only reason I didn't list him as a sleeper is because I've seen some projections of him going in the third or fourth round and my listing of sleepers were fifth, sixth, seventh round picks or udfa's.

In my dream world Miami trades for Justin Hunter, as the Titans build around their trio (Green-Beckham, Matthews and Wright), and add Peake and Ricardo Louis. Parker, Peake, Hunter and Louis would give Miami four tall targets with speed ( each 6'2 or taller with 4.4 speed) and open up a ton of space underneath for Landry, the tight end or someone out of the backfield.

Back
Top Bottom