latest fanball mock (updated Wednesday, April 7, 2004) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

latest fanball mock (updated Wednesday, April 7, 2004)

vinlakers22

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
latest fanball mock

has us taking carey at 20, they also have andrews going at #7, mike williams at 16, and reggie williams falling to 32. would we pick carey over reggie? even with boston, i think hes too good to pass up for carey

Re: latest fanball mock

Originally posted by vinlakers22
has us taking carey at 20, they also have andrews going at #7, mike williams at 16, and reggie williams falling to 32. would we pick carey over reggie? even with boston, i think hes too good to pass up for carey

If Andrews get grabbed at #7 like they say, it is possible

linkage: http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.2396

I just don't know about picking Carey at 20..just seems to high. Reggie Williams will not fall to 32, that's just rediculous. I feel he'll be a 49er.

I would be a bit disappointed if we selected(*cough*REACHED FOR*cough*) Carey at #20.

Its better than the mock draft I saw the other day that had us taking Vernon Carey at #20 while Shawn Andrews was STILL on the board (eventually drafted #23 I think). If that happened, man I'd just have to take a dump on Spielman's car.

I'm softening on Carey a little because I'm starting to hear more about him being able to play RT. I say draft him tho only IF he's considered a good tackle prospect at #20...and I dont know enough to say whether he is or not I had just heard too much that he's a pure guard and I don't want any guard drafted by us at #20. Its too unimportant of a position.

Wow, that mock draft is probably a worst case scenario for the phins. Andrews, Starks, Wolfork, and Williams off the board. But, it also might be a dose of reality. If that scenario played out, the options left would be:

1. Vernon Carey. Drafting a guard in round 1 just seems way too early. Don't care how bad the offensive line is. Is there really that much of a drop off from guard #1 to guard #3 or #4.

2. Reggie Williams. Drafting a 3rd WR in round 1 seems just as crazy. But, it would be insurance. Just don't like it because Chambers is young and Boston is younger.

3. Jonathon Villma. Most productive player on the board. But, picking a back-up / relief hitter for Zach in the first round?

4. Darnell Dockett. Overrated. Should be a 3rd round pick.

5. Karlos Dansby. Could provide nice competition for Junior on the weakside (Moore is destined to take Morlon's spot).

6. Jake Groove. See Carey comments.

In this scenario, I would take Vilma. Best value on the board. Finding a way to use his talent may be a little more difficult.

Didn't we just extend Thomas' contract tho? If we drafted Vilma it would be I think to play one of the OLB spots until Zach retires...unless we all the sudden decide to incorporate some 3-4 into our defense...Jason Taylor at rush LB, Tim Bowens, Larry Chester, and Ogun on the DL, Zach and Vilma in the middle, and Junior playing the other OLB spot.

But Junior's more suited for inside backer. So if we drafted Vilma I think the situation would be in 2005 Eddie Moore could take over for Morlon Greenwood at Sam as Greenwood hits free agency, and Vilma could take over for Seau at Will as Seau retires.

I don't like Carey at 20 or Vilma for that matter. I'd trade down and get Smiley if Andrews is gone.

Ozzy rules!!

Re: latest fanball mock

Originally posted by vinlakers22

We'd be the dumbest team in the NFL to take Carey at #20 if Reggie was there. It would be smart to move down with the Chiefs, because I know they'd be all over Reggie. Not only would they surrender their 1st & 2nd, but maybe even a 4th if we throw in a 6th.

Again, Carey is not worthy of the 20th pick.

Back
Top Bottom