Latest Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Line

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
With all the termoil, changing coaches, new O-line, pot smoking and over payed QB's, I decided it was time to see what Vegas had for the Fins

To win the Superbowl 20-1

To win the AFC 11-1

To win AFC East 5-2

The Pats are still the favorite in the East at 7-5
followed by the Bills and Jets, each at 7-2

To win the AFC

Pats 13-5
Colts 6-1
KC 7-1
Denver 8-1
Raven 9-1
Titans 10-1
Fins 11-1

To win the SB

Pats 5-1
GB 12-1
Colts 12-1
Eagles 12-1
TB 12-1
KC 15-1
Denver 17-1
Balt 17-1

Seattle, Tennesee, Carolina, Dolphins and Dallas are 20-1

:shakeno:

I would not bet on us to win the AFC East, the AFC or the superbowl.

we will get to the playoffs though

I'm kinda glad we're not getting a lot of hype from the national media and Vegas. Our players won't have their heads inflated this year.

Having said that, I'd put money on Seattle this year. That's good value at 20-1

Are you sure it's not 500,000-1.....I've been reading a lot of posts on this board and 11-1 odds of making the SB doesn't jibe with the "comlete turmoil" that is the Miami Dolphins offseason?

Is it possible that Vegas understands that the players don't give a rats' a$$ what happens in the offseason?

Maybe they understand that when the season starts it's going to come down to who has the most talent, not who had the most smooth offseason?

Nahhh, Vegas must be wrong....Obviously they don't read FinHeaven.

inFINSible said:
Are you sure it's not 500,000-1.....I've been reading a lot of posts on this board and 11-1 odds of making the SB doesn't jibe with the "comlete turmoil" that is the Miami Dolphins offseason?

Is it possible that Vegas understands that the players don't give a rats' a$$ what happens in the offseason?

Maybe they understand that when the season starts it's going to come down to who has the most talent, not who had the most smooth offseason?

:roflmao: :roflmao:

If any of you have access somehow to historical vegas odds, here's a good test.

Lets say that every year since, oh, 1999 or 1998, you put a futures bet to win the super bowl on 15 of the worst-odds teams in the league. Lets say you put $1000 on each of the 15...and lets say that you did this in March...or maybe April.

I bet you would have come out with more money than you lost.

Think of it this way...you're investing in the inefficiency of the media to determine what teams are contenders and what teams are not.

inFINSible said:

So fans that post on here know nothing, sports media know nothing and NFL analysts opinions are invalid but Vegas oddsmakers' opinions ARE valid enough to cite as good sources on Phinheaven. :confused:
:lol:

Green Bay as the second-best odds? Not sure about that one.....

LIQUID24 said:
I'm kinda glad we're not getting a lot of hype from the national media and Vegas. Our players won't have their heads inflated this year.

Having said that, I'd put money on Seattle this year. That's good value at 20-1

That is a strong bet. I'd put money on us at 11-1 for the AFC as well.
The Phins defense should only be stronger this year.
If O-Gun gets signed, the additions of a Reggie Howard to fill the 3rd CB spot, Larry Chester healed and in top shape and Seau in his second year in the scheme the potential for a top shut down D is there.
If the Offense can simply find consistency then you've got the makings for an AFC title.

Oh btw...is there somewhere I can view those futures lines that isn't a gambling site? I work at a financial firm, so if I visit any site that has anything to do with gambling whatsoever I get big red flashy screens, loud noises, and a swat team crashing through the windows pullin some Elian Gonzales crap all over me. Could anyone post the current futures super bowl odds for the teams, not just the Phins?

Jeep said:
With all the termoil, changing coaches, new O-line, pot smoking and over payed QB's, I decided it was time to see what Vegas had for the Fins ...

To win AFC East 5-2

The Pats are still the favorite in the East at 7-5
followed by the Bills and Jets, each at 7-2
If we're 5-2 and the Bills and Jets are 7-2, that would rank us ahead of them, would it not?

Back
Top Bottom