Latest news on TO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest news on TO

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Eagles | Owens' Days in Philadelphia Numbered? - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:42:08 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Stephen A. Smith, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens made it clear he wants to remain with the Eagles and catch touchdown passes from QB Donovan McNabb. However, he also made it clear he wants a new contract and to be a top-10 paid player in the game. Owens feels the Eagles used leverage against him a year ago when he signed a long-term deal because they knew he wanted to leave the Baltimore Ravens to join them. And now, after a very solid season, he is going to use his leverage to his advantage. While he is saying it is not about him being "greedy" or "selfish," he said he is a top player in the game and his "current contract doesn't justify that." He went on to note that his signing of the contract and being under contract does not factor into anything because the Eagles, for any reason they want, can cut him at any time not to pay him. Owens said he cannot let it just go. Eagles coach Andy Reid went to Owens saying that when he signed the contract, he promised he would not cause any problems. Owens said he had to let him know this is not a problem; it is a misunderstanding because it is all about business. It would appear Owens' days in Philadelphia are numbered.

I thought for sure that TO would change once he got traded to the Eagles, but i guess i was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom