LB Depth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LB Depth

DannyNoonan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In his recent radio interviews, Saban mentioned LB depth as one area that still needs to be addressed (it was in reference to a question on who will start at FS). Saban basically acknowledged that we will be looking for some veteran help at Safety, and even before the draft we were bringing in veteran WRs for workouts. However, I guess LB is another area of need in addition to S and WR.

Here's who we have at LB still on the roster from last year:
Seau
Thomas
Pope
Moore
Bua (I know some like him at S, but he's listed at LB)
Jenkins (ditto)
Ayanbadejo
Strother (not familiar with him)

We've added:
Spragan (FA)
Crowder (3rd round)
Turner (UDFA)

How many will we keep? The ususal number is 6, but if we might use a 3-4 at least part of the time, then I could see us keeping more.

I know that Saban prefers his LBs to be large, and among those returning only Seau fits that mold. That leaves us with Seau, Spragan, and Crowder as Saban-type LBs. Thomas will certainly start even though he is smaller. All the other LBs on the roster have to be really worried about making the team. I'm sure one or two of them will make the roster, but they have to realize their days as a Dolphin might be numbered. Which ones make the team?

Any ideas on who is available (or might become available) that fits the big-LB mold of a Saban-LB?

Chowder?? :lol: Crowder

We'll have a lot of combined DL/LB. Guys like Taylor, D.Bowens, Roth can all play off a 2 or 3 point stance.

finsnchips said:
Chowder?? :lol: Crowder

We'll have a lot of combined DL/LB. Guys like Taylor, D.Bowens, Roth can all play off a 2 or 3 point stance.

woops...spoonerism at work...fixed

Good point: I did not think about the DE/LB tweeners...does this mean only 6 "true" LBs? If Saban is truly looking for more LB depth, then perhaps we will be releasing most of the Moore/Pope/Jenkins/Ayanbadejo/Bua group.

Don't forget George Lewis and Derek Curry

George Lewis and Derek Curry are two other LBs that were signed.

NE carries 10-12 LB's or tweeners (light DE's), I expect the same number on the Dolphin roster....

Back
Top Bottom