Leap of Faith..interesting Article. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leap of Faith..interesting Article.

I completely disagree with the premise that we could not beat the Bills in Mia because of the fans. We could not beat the Bills because Lucas was soooo incredibly awful I wanna :barf: thinkin about it :shakeno: The Bills saw how Lucas has disintegrated and went into a shell.

Fact is the only factor the fan should play is that they should be loud when you're on D or ST and quiet when you are on O. If they can accomplish that, you have home field advantage on the field.

Re: Re: Leap of Faith..interesting Article.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I completely disagree with the premise that we could not beat the Bills in Mia because of the fans. We could not beat the Bills because Lucas was soooo incredibly awful I wanna :barf: thinkin about it :shakeno: The Bills saw how Lucas has disintegrated and went into a shell.

Fact is the only factor the fan should play is that they should be loud when you're on D or ST and quiet when you are on O. If they can accomplish that, you have home field advantage on the field.

Fact is the FANs are flickled..I watched that game..and the fan were booing by half..the team was on a winning spee...just came from Denver..Fan's didn't even give them until the end of the 3rd Qtr..When the Fans in it..your adriean rushes..and you do things you normally don't do..believe me,,that's one key to the Canes at home..the fans cheer them no matter what...and that gives you confidence...But also..it much come from inside..Our team seem to loose their balls in adversity..

I don't think we are supposed to allow links to another message board?

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't think we are supposed to allow links to another message board?

That wasn't a link to a message board, it was a link to an article..just happen to be on that site....if you'd note, once you got there..it was an article I was pointing you too..not their message board...

Here's what I think about the whole fan situation.

It's BS. If you are a championship team, you don't rely on the fans to win. Sure, it "pumps up players" but if they can't get pumped up for the game on there own, they shouldn't be playing the game.

Blaming it on the fans is just an excuse for the Dolphins or any team for that matter because they were not able to step it up and win.

There is no excuse for losing, and you cannot blame it on anyone but the players. Not the fans, not the coaches, and not the hot dog vendors.

That's why I put the ? at the end MD;).....It does look like a message board because all the replies to the "article" are right under it......but it's cool with me if it's cool with AJ....I got no beef about it.

And anyway about thee booing.....I don't think the fans were booing the WHOLE team.

the link w/b OK

Edited on August 1, 2002 - You may post a link to a great article or report on another fan site, however, you may not simply advertise a site. For example, you may say, "Check out this great report at blablabla.com" However, you may not say, "blablabla.com is an awesome site and its a must see." We know, its a very fine line... however, we think you understand what we mean.
from the TOS

That's why I put the ? at the end MD;).....It does look like a message board because all the replies to the "article" are right under it......but it's cool with me if it's cool with AJ....I got no beef about it.

And anyway about thee booing.....I don't think the fans were booing the WHOLE team.

How does a play know who's being booed when they all go in at half time and hear boos??

But thanks also on the link thing..I thought i was safe with that.

Re: Re: Re: Leap of Faith..interesting Article.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Fact is the FANs are flickled..I watched that game..and the fan were booing by half..the team was on a winning spee...just came from Denver..Fan's didn't even give them until the end of the 3rd Qtr..When the Fans in it..your adriean rushes..and you do things you normally don't do..believe me,,that's one key to the Canes at home..the fans cheer them no matter what...and that gives you confidence...But also..it much come from inside..Our team seem to loose their balls in adversity..

The fans were totally behind the Defense, cheering their butts off. But Lucas was so horrible! I did not boo, but I sure was sick to my stomach. It only takes 5,000 idiots to make the boos sound so loud, because at that time most of us were dead silent.

If the team wants the fans to have some faith, maybe the team should give the fans something to cheer for. In that home Buffalo game, they certainly didn't give us much to cheer for. The fact that they were booing by halftime is a reflection of just how aweful Ray Lucas was playing out there. I believe he'd already had like 4 turnovers by then.

We lost that game and the Jets game because Ray Lucas was too damned inept to run a safe offense and score some damn points. It still grates me that we lost those two games despite the fact that our defense performed absolutely fantastically against both the Bills and the Jets...yet Ray Lucas was literally giving the other team points, and failing to score them himself. We allowed the red hot Chad Pennington to merely put 6 points on the board legitimately, and we still couldn't get the win. We allowed the red hot Bills offense to put up 16 points legitimately, and we lost. Yes I know that Curtis Martin scored a TD to make it 13-10 in the jets game but that was off a Ray Lucas boneheaded fumble at like the 4 yard line where a TD was inevitable...same I believe happened with the Bills, lucas handed them 7 points.

How can this writer blame the FANS for us going 9-7 when it was our road team that was losing so many games? What did we go like 7-1 at home and 2-6 on the road or something like that? It was either that or 6-2 at home and 3-5 on the road.

good point Ozzy....but I also think the players KNEW who was being booed THAT day, MD.

good point Ozzy....but I also think the players KNEW who was being booed THAT day, MD.

I don't think the writer completely put it on the Fans..I think he was talking a lot about the players themselves..but he made it seem to me that our Fans don't stick with the team..ie..Tampa could be losing 21 -10 with 5 minutes left and their fans would cheer them on until it becomes plainly apparent they will loose..Our Fans boo the hell out of our players, the first minute they make a mistake..But again, the fans are not the issue..it's the players mentality that he's pointing to..he's also pointing out that the fans don't help with the mental additude..as I say in my seconc post on this subject..it starts inside the players first to find that mental toughness..but if we'll by 2 points with 5 minutes left..I really couldn't won't the fans booing..if i was a player...Encouragement goes a long way in mental toughness..and some of you who played sports knew what the fans cheering meant..at least I did...it help, specially if I made a bonehead play..with their encouragement..I was doubtly trying to make up for it..and usually suceded...Thank God for the Ft. Lauderdale High Flying L's fan of 1975-76, who struck by us throught thick and thin,

The "Fins Need Faith" article starts out with a good premise but the point about the fans losing the Bills game, or any game, is absurd. This comment was most telling: "The Dolphins may have turned the ball over six times but ..." No! Just as there's no crying in baseball, there's no "buts" after six turnovers!!! That's it! Six turnovers (majority from Lucas) is what lost us the Bills game.

To compare us to Philly is also inaccurate. Philly's QB's did not throw int after int! They played exceptionally well. Had Lucas played mediocre ball, they would have won the game. He lost the Bills and Jets game, imo.

Back to the fans. The biggest problem, imo, is the stadium. One of things I hate about our situation is that Joe Robbie is not near as loud as the Orange Bowl was. The fans are much further from the field than they were in the OB. There just isn't that intensity. The decision to make it a dual park (baseball/football) was a huge error, imo. He was not forward looking (as many other cities are doing - having baseball only and football only). It's just not catering to the fans, from that perspective. The stands need to be a bit steeper and closer to the field. That makes the stadium not nearly as loud or intense as some other stadiums I've been in. It's even noticeable on TV.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
The "Fins Need Faith" article starts out with a good premise but the point about the fans losing the Bills game, or any game, is absurd. This comment was most telling: "The Dolphins may have turned the ball over six times but ..." No! Just as there's no crying in baseball, there's no "buts" after six turnovers!!! That's it! Six turnovers (majority from Lucas) is what lost us the Bills game.

To compare us to Philly is also inaccurate. Philly's QB's did not throw int after int! They played exceptionally well. Had Lucas played mediocre ball, they would have won the game. He lost the Bills and Jets game, imo.

Back to the fans. The biggest problem, imo, is the stadium. One of things I hate about our situation is that Joe Robbie is not near as loud as the Orange Bowl was. The fans are much further from the field than they were in the OB. There just isn't that intensity. The decision to make it a dual park (baseball/football) was a huge error, imo. He was not forward looking (as many other cities are doing - having baseball only and football only). It's just not catering to the fans, from that perspective. The stands need to be a bit steeper and closer to the field. That makes the stadium not nearly as loud or intense as some other stadiums I've been in. It's even noticeable on TV.

Very good post!! And I like to add that Wayne looked into renovating the stadium, to be closer to the field, but said it would cost way too much money.

Maybe another petition is in order. :D

Back
Top Bottom