LeBeau chooses Steelers over Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBeau chooses Steelers over Bills

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
LeBeau chooses Steelers over Bills
Dick LeBeau returned to the Pittsburgh Steelers as defensive coordinator on Friday, rejecting an offer to stay on the Buffalo Bills' staff.

LeBeau, who ran the Steelers' defense the last time they made the Super Bowl during the 1995 season, was the Bills' assistant head coach last season and worked with defensive coordinator Jerry Gray. He took that job after being the Bengals' head coach for nearly three seasons.
that will hurt the Bills D IMO I like LeBeau alot as a DC

Jerry Gray is staying as DC.

We'll find out how big a part Lebeau was.

Part of the reason he wanted to be a DC again is that Gray called all the plays last year, and he was just a consultant in the meetings.

He did bring in some good blitzing packages that started working the second half of the year...and since Gray called those plays...I can't imagine he'd just abandon them now since they worked and they're in his playbook.

Where we'll miss Lebeau is in the week leading up to the game when the coaches draw up the gameplan.

With Williams and Lebeau gone...Gray is the guy, and he has to prove that.

All in all...with Lebeau leaving, I'm glad that Gray wanted to stay. The last thing I wanted was for both sides of the ball to have to learn a new system.

Back
Top Bottom