Lebron Says Nfl Owners Have Slave Mentality | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lebron Says Nfl Owners Have Slave Mentality

Man who apparently isn't very familiar with the history of labor makes dumb comparison. Film at 11.

Spartan helot, ca. 400BC
- Literally considered to be a subhuman by the ruling elites
- Forced to work 16 hour days and turn the fruits of your labor over to said ruling elites
- Medical care? Yes, the knife you are euthanized with was crafted with loving care.
- Surprise! Every fall, you are officially declared an enemy combatant so that a Spartan boy armed with an iron sword can murder you while you sleep. You know, to prove he's a real man who can handle the smell of blood.
- Collective bargaining? Yes! You can collectively plead for your life and hope for mercy.

Professional Athlete, 2018
- Held to the highest standards of behavior because you are considered to be better than everyone else, and therefore a role model
- Prohibited from working more than a certain number of days per year by your collective bargaining agreement.
- Medical care? Even congress doesn't have it this good.
- Surprise! Every fall you have to show up for work in order to be paid exorbitant amounts of money so that millions of boys can cheer you on and hope to get your autograph one day.
- Collective bargaining? Yes! Your union has negotiated a deal in which you and your compatriots receive approximately 50% of all business revenue, and you can go on strike if that's really a problem.

Huh, you know what, I guess this checks out, folks.

I’ve always been on the fence on Lebron. I want to be a fan but he just gets on my nerves. This kind of pushed me over the edge.

Spartan helot, ca. 400BC
- Literally considered to be a subhuman by the ruling elites
- Forced to work 16 hour days and turn the fruits of your labor over to said ruling elites
- Medical care? Yes, the knife you are euthanized with was crafted with loving care.
- Surprise! Every fall, you are officially declared an enemy combatant so that a Spartan boy armed with an iron sword can murder you while you sleep. You know, to prove he's a real man who can handle the smell of blood.
- Collective bargaining? Yes! You can collectively plead for your life and hope for mercy.

Professional Athlete, 2018
- Held to the highest standards of behavior because you are considered to be better than everyone else, and therefore a role model
- Prohibited from working more than a certain number of days per year by your collective bargaining agreement.
- Medical care? Even congress doesn't have it this good.
- Surprise! Every fall you have to show up for work in order to be paid exorbitant amounts of money so that millions of boys can cheer you on and hope to get your autograph one day.
- Collective bargaining? Yes! Your union has negotiated a deal in which you and your compatriots receive approximately 50% of all business revenue, and you can go on strike if that's really a problem.

Huh, you know what, I guess this checks out, folks.

Yeah, the "he's a millionaire so how can he speak about societal issues that effect other people" crowd are dolts. But complaining about the treatment of athletes themselves is never going to go over well.

And his point about the league being a "what can you do for me" league? Well welcome to about 99% of jobs out there. That's the reality of having a boss.

Oh, and I'd even disagree that the NFL is player driven. It's more city/franchise driven for most people. If OBJ, Gurley and Mahommes signed with a new league, people just aren't going to watch them any more because they don't play for their team. They're going to keep watching the Giants, Rams and Chiefs and cheer for whatever bum they replace those three with.

All this said, I love LeBron and respect that he uses his platform to speak his mind and do a lot of good for a lot of people. This particular point was stupid though. **** happens.

Last edited:
And Lebron is shocked that this and the Jewish money rap lyrics he tweeted are being negatively received.

I get that there are racial issues out there but I think the NFL has the least amount if issues in how they deal with it

Straight out of high school.

"Indoctrination begins when education ceases".

I don't necessarily blame athletes like LeBron, this is how they're told they're supposed to think.

Kobe Bryant is probably one of my favorite athletes of all time. He actually came to Tuscaloosa to speak to the Alabama football team prior to the season - also straight out of high school.

Everybody has a different message. My advice has always been to listen to the message provided by those that ask you to look inward more than outward. You'll always find more truth.

"Indoctrination begins when education ceases".

I don't necessarily blame athletes like LeBron, this is how they're told they're supposed to think.

Kobe Bryant is probably one of my favorite athletes of all time. He actually came to Tuscaloosa to speak to the Alabama football team prior to the season - also straight out of high school.

Everybody has a different message. My advice has always been to listen to the message provided by those that ask you to look inward more than outward. You'll always find more truth.

I'm sure you've seen Kobe's "Muse" documentary. I recently caught it and it was one of my favorite athlete documentaries I've ever seen.

ive mentioned it in other post before along these lines, my old roomie in college and still one of my best friends was one of the leaders/presidents of a lot of the African American progressiveness and leadership type organizations back in college. how the hell he never slapped the hell out of me I dunno, I guess respect, I loved screwing with him and putting it on CMT when he was still sleeping and I'd be leaving for class so he could wake up to nice country music :-D he was at some business venture several years back, and I want to think it was Natrone Means cause he's from my area but seemed like it was a former Cowboy (its been awhile), but he made a comment about Jerry Jones and racist, and something along these lines. and the guy was like "he made me a millionaire, he makes a lot of us millionaires. how can a man that makes 50 blacks a year millionaires be that damn bad of a person. I might not have anything if it wasn't for the league so im not going to say a single bad thing about the owners" this isn't verbatim because its been awhile but its the gist of it. LeBron can say whatever the hell he wants, he was a millionaire before he stepped foot in the NBA, he's never had to once be appreciative of the league. do you think the 14th guy sitting on the bench for the hornets making $18 million a year feels like a slave (and yes I know the Hornets suck, that's why we have people making close to 20 mil a year being active once every 2 weeks) but hell no. is it cause he can speak as freely as he wants, hell no, its cause he;s getting paid. or the Fins, stephone Anthony made what, close to $2 mil this year. if he never plays a down again after this season hes still coming home with a couple mil in the bank if he is smart. would he make that putting his muscle to use in a local factory in his hometown where you're lucky to find a job making $20 an hour if you stay in his home county. you never heard one dang word from steph curry until he blew up. hell steph worked hard on his craft, but he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. anyone can speak their minds, but don't be surprised when people don't call bullshit or roll their eyes at you when you're discussing something you know nothing about. hell I love RT, and he collected like 20 Mil from us not to play in 2017, im sure he's happier than a **** fly in the zoo with his Masta Ross. they are employees, not slaves. if any of the divas had to spend a year in a regular job they would be crying like bitches cause of having to actually follow rules and company policies for a helluva lot less money and a helluva lot more stress. unless you're a soccer player I really don't think that the person threatening you over twitter is really that stressful of a situation, worry about making sure you didn't forget a bill or having to stress about letting your kid down because he wants something out of your budget. gtfoh lebron

Straight out of high school.

Well, athletes get special academic treatment, but that's beside the point. You don't need to go to college to read books. I have a Master's Degree, but quite frankly, most of the useful, important, and interesting things I have learned in my life are things that I didn't learn in school.

I rarely get offended by dumb statements, but this one's borderline offensive to me. Millions upon millions of people throughout history were slaves. It was the most common division of labor throughout the world for most of recorded human history. For Lebron James to compare modern professional athletes (in the NFL no less) to people who lived, toiled, and died in obscurity without basic freedoms is absolutely ****ing pathetic.

The man is, quite frankly, retarded.

LeBron is deserving of this ridicule he is facing but if he was a Conservative Republican right wingers and Fox News would be saying it's the media being mean to him because of his political views.

I just wish more of the big time pro athletes of all sports and of all races would keep in mind that this money has to last them for the rest of their lives. Most pro athletes have the mentality that this money will come every year forever just because it is coming every year now. But you hear so many stories about athletes who were once millionaires struggling to get by. The big lesson is to teach them all when they are signed to their first contract that "this money is for a lifetime and you will have to spread it out throughout the rest of your life which means even conservatively at least for the next 50 years."

I just wish more of the big time pro athletes of all sports and of all races would keep in mind that this money has to last them for the rest of their lives. Most pro athletes have the mentality that this money will come every year forever just because it is coming every year now. But you hear so many stories about athletes who were once millionaires struggling to get by. The big lesson is to teach them all when they are signed to their first contract that "this money is for a lifetime and you will have to spread it out throughout the rest of your life which means even conservatively at least for the next 50 years."
LeBron is the exception to the rule. No BS he is.

Back
Top Bottom