Lebron Ship Jumping Again

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mrbunglez, Jul 1, 2018.

1. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

2. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

The money being paid to athletes is absurd.

mrbunglez likes this.
  3. mrbunglez

I’ll never see that amount of money ever in my lifetime, and I save lives for a living.

phins_4_ever likes this.
  4. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

That what comes always to my mind. Those guys play sports. They don't affect life in any way. They don't heal cancer. They don't rescue people. it's absurd.

mrbunglez likes this.
  5. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Shifty Gold Administrator Finheaven VIP

At least he brought a championship to that town the second time. The first time he left felt more like a snub than this time in my opinion.

As for signing with the Lakers. Wish he would have been more original. Would have been nice to see him go some place that doesn't have the prestige of past championshipn behind it. If that makes any sense.

mrbunglez likes this.
  6. DisturbedShifty

7. mrbunglez

I honestly thought he should’ve gone to like Orlando or something maybe Minnesota. But I think he wants the glam and glitz at this stage in his career.

DisturbedShifty likes this.
  8. DisturbedShifty

Agreed. That is the feeling I am getting from him signing with the Lakers. That and since a lot of people seem to compare him to Kobe I think he wants to top his career in LA. I could be wrong but again, that is what it feels like to me.

9. DisturbedShifty

10. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Good for him. I love how angry people get about Lebron lol

Birdmond likes this.
  11. DisturbedShifty

In this case I don't see why people are angry about it. Dude just want to win, even if it does come off as a bit tasteless. Still, as the tweet I just post above says, he brought a championship to Cleveland. If he didn't do that and decided to bail THEN I could see people being pissed off.

12. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

I mean if he wanted to win, he would of stayed east and went to Philly or Boston.

This is all about his “brand” and taking it to a level that only The LA market can accommodate.

Today I feel like smacking any Cavs fan complaning about him leaving.

While I don’t hate LeBron, people who like to shove “his greatness” down your throat make it very easy to not like him and the excuses for his team failures makes the situation a little pathetic.

He will end up the greatest “statistical player” to ever play this game . . . .but this “goat” talk I saw branded to millennials in the Finals was absurd.

gunn34 likes this.
  13. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

LA is not gonna win anything this year. This year is gonna be about the young core already in LA and developing them to play with LeBron. Getting this group into the playoffs.

Next year expect them to make a serious run at Klay Thompson as that “second superstar” in addition to potentially trading for a third star.

But LeBron is aging as well and as gotten extremely fortunate with injuries (well except his self inflicted hand injury in the Finals) . . . . We will see if he has enough to pull together another chip.

14. Kdawg954

And I am quickly realizing the Lakers fans will be far worse to tolerate than the Cavs fans.

Could not stand them when they got a Dwight Howard . . . .those failures sent them down to the pit of misery tho lol

15. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

The shocking part to me is that he did a multi-year deal. I wonder what kind of options he has in the agreement, but I figured he would keep the "prestige" of year-to-year contracts as something to hang his hat on and put pressure on his current team's management to surround him with talent.

16. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Derek Jeter sits when he pees Finheaven VIP Donator

I stopped caring about the nba when the league blocked the Chris Paul to the Lakers trade. They **** on kobes last chance at a ring, for me it's been hard to take the sport seriously after that

BobDole likes this.
  17. gunn34

gunn34 Pro Bowler

I don't see the Lakers winning a championship the next few years. I don't understand why Vegas has them as the 2nd favorite to win it all. He's in great shape, but is aging. When it goes, it'll go fast. The Warriors are still the team to beat and I'd place Houston second with the Celtics third. Even if the Lakers get Leonard next year, I don't see them making a run at GSW.

18. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

No chance he gets by Houston.

19. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Why go to the west coast? I guess he likes not winning

20. Blackcreekbandit

That LA market is going to make him so much more money with his brand and everything

nick1 likes this.
  21. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

NBA is dead to me at this point with what Golden State has become along with whatever the hell Kawhi Leonard is doing. I’m glad the Spurs got their 5 rings when they did. I don’t need to see them win ever again and if I do it’s all just a bonus.

22. Birdmond

Birdmond A True Fan Donator

A franchise tag is the only thing that could swing me from NBA follower to a fan of a team. As for the salaries. Get what you can get. It always puzzles me why an athletes salary is frequently complained about but I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone complaining about Oprah’s money or the cast of The Big Bang Theory getting 1 million per episode. Unless it cripples my teams salary cap I simply don’t care.

23. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I wouldn't say it's an excuse at all to say losing to a heavily favored, loaded warriors team shouldn't hurt LeBron's standing as one of the GOATs.

24. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

As a Celts fan, I loved them blocking that trade at the time but wow did that screw them over. I'd even look into retroactively suing them if I was LA with what the NBA has allowed to happen in GS. Cousins too, guys? Really?

I'm still gonna watch because I suffered through the Sherman Douglas, Bagley, Brown, McDaniel, Pinkney, Gamble, Fox, etc teams after Bias and Lewis died and Larry retired so if that didn't stop me then nothing will. Ainge has the Midas Touch so far so I'm just gonna hope Irving and Hayward come back 100% and the young guys reach their potential and they can coast through the East while the West beats up on each other. Finals should be interesting.

I get why LeBron did it but I'm surprised because I always figured he'd be chasing Jordan's ghost until he surpassed 6 championships. That's probably not going to happen now. His brand will explode like never before but it comes at a price.

**** Cleveland, btw. He gave them so much more than vice versa. Remember those terrible teams he was dragging to the Finals every season? That's the best you can do while constantly running your mouth, Gilbert? **** off and be awful again and know that your ****ty organization probably cost LeBron a bunch of rings. And I'm not a LeBron fan, at all. He'd have 10 rings by now if he went to a cushy situation like Jordan did.

25. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

He finally realized if he keeps losing Finals its just going to hurt his legacy. Going to the Lakers guarantees he won't see the finals as long as the Warriors have Durant, Curry and the rest. After all who wants to be known as the guy who lost the most finals in NBA history which is where he was headed had he stayed in the east.

26. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Unless the Lakers get another star or one of the youngers take a huge step forward Lebron is not winning anything with the Lakers. Just too much talent out west

27. Blackcreekbandit

The pick up of rondo raises some eye brows like how old is rondo lol

28. nick1

No worries, he always has Lance Stephenson to blow in his ear (LeBron that is)

Blackcreekbandit likes this.
  29. Birdmond

Curry is going to start breaking down. He’s just too small. Don’t assume Lonzo won’t improve simply because his dad annoys you. I’m not betting against the Lakers next year.

30. Blackcreekbandit

The Lakers best chance to make any real threat to the title is a major injury to Golden state. That team is just so stacked

31. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Of course he can improve but his best asset is he is a good passer. LeBron is gonna be the primary ball handler and they just signed Rondo. Unless he develops a jump shot hes got 2 years before hes gonna be great

32. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

Even if he breaks down the Warriors have 4 other All Stars. I don't see why he would break down so soon, he's a shooter not a take it to the hoop kind of player so less chance for injury as he doesn't have to deal with constant contact by the larger players. Also at 6'3 190 he's about average in size for his position.

33. Birdmond

Yet he seems to still get hurt every year.

superphin likes this.
  34. Kdawg954

I am just not understanding what LA is doing.

I love the idea as the team is composed of lanky, hard nosed defenders . . . .but these dudes can’t shoot lol.

And as much as I like the hard nosed mentality, 3 beats 2 every time . . . .just how it is and how the game is now structured.

Right now, I would not take LA over Golden State, Houston, Utah, San Antonio, OKC or Portland . . . .and not certain I would take them over New Orleans or Minnesota either.

This ain’t the east.

35. nick1

I love how his rivals are on the same team now. That locker room will be funny

36. Kdawg954

Wonder if he gets Wade and Melo in LA now LOL

37. nick1

I'm sure melo follows and why not Wade. They always wanted to play together

38. Blackcreekbandit

He needs shooters so I could see Carmelo going