Lee 2000 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee 2000

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
in basically every one of your posts you mention "invitees" and imply that these are players that are invited to training camo, but not signed. What in the world could you possibly mean? And no he's apparently not referring to players that come in for pre-draft visits. There is no such thing as inviting a player to camp without a contract, I don't know where you are getting this from.

PhinfanBo1 said:
And no he's apparently not referring to players that come in for pre-draft visits.

That's what I assumed he was referring to. If not, I don't know what he means.

Yes there is...

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Jason White, who won the Heisman Trophy at Oklahoma but was snubbed in the NFL draft, is being given a chance by the Kansas City Chiefs.

White and other undrafted rookies will join the drafted players in a minicamp this weekend. White, who has not signed a contract, will be given a chance to show what he can do.

Here's the link

Above is a blurb about Jason White being "INVITED" not "SIGNED" to the rookie practice.

If I'm not mistaken Bernie Parmalee was in a similar situation. (that I could be wrong about)

However, NFL teams always have UDRFA come in without a contract to just see if they're worth signing to a UDFA contract.

They're usually the bottom of the barel players that no one want's to give a small contract. Jason White is a perfect example.

The two guys we picked up from FAU, were invited to tryout for the team, but they're not being paid to do so. They're actually lucky they're getting a look.

If one of these players do impress enough to warrant another look, they will be given a UDRFA contract.

If you go to the scout.com site and look at the cleveland message board

PhinfanBo1 said:
in basically every one of your posts you mention "invitees" and imply that these are players that are invited to training camo, but not signed. What in the world could you possibly mean? And no he's apparently not referring to players that come in for pre-draft visits. There is no such thing as inviting a player to camp without a contract, I don't know where you are getting this from.

If you go to the scout.com site and look at the cleveland brown message board you will eventually find a site where Cleveland has invited a number of players without contracts. Albert Means, a DT we were interested in, is attending Houston's mini-camp, but he has not signed a contract. Miami has historically done this and made decisions on the players as they work in the mini-camp. If you do not belief me, go to the Miami Herald and ask Jason Cole in his email question section. I do know what I am talking about. Florida Atlantic University WR Bynes and their starting rb are definitely do this at Dolphin camp this weekend.

Lee2000

Back
Top Bottom