Lee Evans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans

Dolphins99Fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the pre-Combine draft reports are saying about him and what round he's penciled to be selected in?? I'd love to see Miami get their hands on this guy and slot him across from another former Wisconsin WR, Chris Chambers.

He's good, but there are a lot of better recievers before him. Fitzgerald, Roy & Reggie Williams, Woods, Clayton, Jenkins. Half of these guys will probably fall into the 2nd round. I see Evans being drafted late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd.

Evans also is coming back from major knee surgery so that might turn a few teams away.

i want the FO to get henson for next years 2nd, then i would like get michael clayton or woods if he somehow slips, if wally is going somewhere we should spend the other 1st rounder on O-line, don´t know who is worth a first round pick though , i heard carey pop up, so if he is any good, then him, but i hope we pick a guard who has a reputation as a power blocker, not a finese guy, i want some big bodies in our interior, so i hope we can get 2 huge guards out this draft, who can compete for starting spots right away

Lee Evans will be drafted in the second round. Devery Henderson has probably passed Evans on most charts as well. I like Evans and wouldn't mind seeing him as a Dolphin. I prefer Clayton or Jenkins though.

i really wouldnt mind Evans....i've heard good things about him and I'm sure he and CC would have some nice chemistry, wut wit bein former team-mates n all.

I would love to draft Michael Jenkins with the OGUN pick if we get it (of course after we pick Rivers at #20). If not look for the phins to draft a WR like Justin Jenkins in the 5th or if some one like Lee Evans or James Newsome falls to the 3rd round they could be swiped up.

Originally posted by everardteach
I would love to draft Michael Jenkins with the OGUN pick if we get it (of course after we pick Rivers at #20). If not look for the phins to draft a WR like Justin Jenkins in the 5th or if some one like Lee Evans or James Newsome falls to the 3rd round they could be swiped up.

Justin Jenkins is likely to be a 2nd-3rd round pick. NO WAY he lasts until the 5th. He had a very solid senior bowl week and has moved up the boards a ton. He might last until our third round pick.

Evans looks to be a second, possibly an early third, doubt we get a shot at him in the 3rd.

Newsom will probably go in the third.

Originally posted by unclemonty

Justin Jenkins is likely to be a 2nd-3rd round pick. NO WAY he lasts until the 5th. He had a very solid senior bowl week and has moved up the boards a ton. He might last until our third round pick.

I doubt he'll go in the second. His range is 3-5. I currently have him going in the top of the 5th, but once compensation picks are added he'll move up to the fourth. TFY rates him as a 4B, middle of 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're right, Smad, I hope the Fins take him in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by blingbling2334
If you're right, Smad, I hope the Fins take him in the 3rd round.

I was talking about Justin Jenkins.

Originally posted by SMadison29

I doubt he'll go in the second. His range is 3-5. I currently have him going in the top of the 5th, but once compensation picks are added he'll move up to the fourth. TFY rates him as a 4B, middle of 4th.

This was taken from ESPN Insider so I can't give you the link:

from the article by Mel Kiper:

"Who helped themselves in Mobile?"

"Justin Jenkins, WR, Mississippi State- An intriguing prospect because of his compact frame and ability to improve with coaching. He had a great senior year after suffering some inconsistency as a junior, and with his showing in Mobile could now be a second-rounder."

Just going on what the draft guru himself says.

Devery Henderson also moved up a ton to late first-early second area from his showing in Mobile.

Yeah I read that, I have insider too. I'm also an insider on TFY. Kiper is off on this one, Jenkins didn't even play much at the Senior Bowl practices. He was an injury replacement for BJ Johnson so he didn't start practicing until Wednesday with 2 practices remaining.

Lee Evans will be the steal of the draft at WR.

Back
Top Bottom