LeFors and Brees? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeFors and Brees?

I would rather take Brees. However, one good season isn't enough for me to be sold on him. If he has another amazing season then I'ld look to getting Brees in '06. For now, though, I'll be happy if we take one of the top 2 QB's. I'ld also be happy if we trade down and get one of the 3 RB's and maybe Marcus Spears to play DE/OLB in the 3-4 system.

LeFors is the kind of guy that people think will either be brilliant in the NFL... or amount to nothing.

I agree with NJFINSFAN: CFL, AFL, NFLE..

KB21 said:
Brees is at least 15 lbs heavier than LeFors. LeFors played last year at 190 lbs. Brees played at 215 lbs.

if Stefan Lefors is soo small and thin....he'd probably make for a good rushing QB. We need a QB who can run, god knows our O-line wont be blocking that well so we need a QB who can run from the oncoming defenders. Gus Frerrote is too slow, AJ isnt bad, Alex Smith can run pretty well....but Lefors being so light, with a little practice...im sure can be a good rushing QB (Jay Fiedler is only 6'2)

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He is 6 feet, has marginal arm strength, and loses much more zip while on the run. He might be a backup (like KB says). But I'm telling you. He will be a CFL QB before you know it.

Brees is 6ft....isn't as mobile and isn't as accurate....yet LeFors threw for 13-15 for 242 yds and three Touchdowns against the Hurricanes in Miami. And the only decent receiver they have at Louisville was J.R. Russell....anyone who can beat the Canes up like that in Miami....can play NFL football....and sorry....anyone who doesn't think so....flat out doesn't know what their talking about.

ItalianDolFan said:
if Stefan Lefors is soo small and thin....he'd probably make for a good rushing QB. We need a QB who can run, god knows our O-line wont be blocking that well so we need a QB who can run from the oncoming defenders. Gus Frerrote is too slow, AJ isnt bad, Alex Smith can run pretty well....but Lefors being so light, with a little practice...im sure can be a good rushing QB (Jay Fiedler is only 6'2)

Don't listen to that crap....Lefors was 208 at the combine...one year in the NFL he'll be 215 easily. Even Feeley gained weight since the end of the season.

Pericles349 said:
and maybe Marcus Spears to play DE/OLB in the 3-4 system.

i havent been following the formations lately...but have they said anything about switching to a 3-4 defense?? Id rather a 3-4, teams seem to do better in a 3-4. But NOT Marcus Spears, id like Shaun Merriman or Dan Cody, Erasmus James, Pollack, Demarcus Ware.

is it just me, or is this the biggest draft ever?? It seems like there are so many potentially awesome prospects this year...its hard to choose who ud want.

fishypete said:
Brees is 6ft....isn't as mobile and isn't as accurate....yet LeFors threw for 13-15 for 242 yds and three Touchdowns against the Hurricanes in Miami. And the only decent receiver they have at Louisville was J.R. Russell....anyone who can beat the Canes up like that in Miami....can play NFL football....and sorry....anyone who doesn't think so....flat out doesn't know what their talking about.

We shall see, a lot of CFL QB's had great college careers. But they are still CFL QB's

Lefors reminds me of Ricky Ray, a great CFL QB, now a third stringer and soon to be cut Jet!

fishypete said:

Sorry, but I've seen Drew Brees throw a football into a 10 gallon garbage can that was 40 yards away from him. That's accuracy. LeFors can barely get the football 40 yards down the field period.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
We shall see, a lot of CFL QB's had great college careers. But they are still CFL QB's

Lefors reminds me of Ricky Ray, a great CFL QB, now a third stringer and soon to be cut Jet!

And alot here thought Rodgers was so great....yet he may drop to the later part of the draft....guess they were wrong? LeFors has had doubters all his life...and proved them wrong time after time....he'll prove them wrong again.

KB21 said:
Sorry, but I've seen Drew Brees throw a football into a 10 gallon garbage can that was 40 yards away from him. That's accuracy. LeFors can barely get the football 40 yards down the field period.

Strange...he had two touchdowns over 30yds in the East/West bowl game...at least one touchdown for 24 yds at the Miami game....thats good enough for me.

By the way....he was voted best offensive player in that Bowl game and only played one quarter.

mbsinmisc said:
I agree with kb on db accuracy. he was impressive at qb challenge, he dogged culpepper ,mexico, and manning.

Then you should love LeFors....he had the highest passing rating in all college Div 1-A football last season. I believe it was 73.5%

Flutie is also the size of LaFors, so that's 2 QBs 6', Flutie and Brees would are fine as NFL QBs. I
d love to pick up LaFors. 73% accuracy? I'd take that.

LeFors

Stefan LeFors----The guys that can move around, that's a huge advantage, a guy who can give you three or four plays a game like that. But it has to be a natural thing. The way Michael Vicks gets out of the pocket is just the way he is. You can't coach that. The great ones can feel (the rush) coming without seeing it. That's one of the most important things for a quarterback to have other than being super tough and super smart. The arm is way down the list. Dan Fouts didn't have the arm, but he was a great quarterback. If you don't have a sense of where (the rush) is coming from, you're going to be more prone to getting the ball knocked out. Guys that have that sense are really special."

â€â€Redskins coach Joe Gibbs

airattack317 said:
Stefan LeFors----The way Michael Vicks gets out of the pocket is just the way he is. You can't coach that.

r u comparing Michael Vick to Stefan Lefors? Michael Vick is nothing but a rushing QB. He is not a good passer, the only reason he is soo good is because he runs the ball better than ur average runningback. I watched him play a few times and yes he can run amazingly, but he cant pass...AJ Feeley is a better passer than him. Besides, when i watched him, Vick passed to his tight end Crumpler 80% of the time. Im not a Michael Vick fan, but overall i wouldnt compare him to Lefors...Lefors isnt much of a runner, altho with his size...he'd make a darn good rushing QB.

Back
Top Bottom