leftwich........................ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

leftwich........................

dolfan06

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
looked kinda leftout to me!:D the fins gave up a franchise record in penalties and the pussies still couldn't win!:tongue: :evil:

Again..The comparisons to Marino are entirely too early. The only comparisons he should be getting at this point are to Mark Brunell and Gary Coleman. More the latter, then anything.

Did anyone else burst out laughing when a 6'5"+ version of Gary Coleman mouthed "Bullshat" after his fumble? That was the best.

I was very impressed with Leftwich today. The man was harrassed by our DL all day long...so much so the Jags OL might as well have not even been there like that one NFL commercial showing the DL going after David Carr.

One of his interceptions was a miscommunication between him and a receiver, the receiver cut off his route when he should have kept running. Another int was a batted pass. And the last one, hell it was 4th and 15 down by a TD with just about no hope left in the game.

The scariest part about Byron was that we kept harrassing and beating down that man all fricking day long...and he just popped back up and kept at it. Fred Taylor wasn't giving him any help (except to drop passes and fumble the ball). Troy Edwards wasn't giving him much help catching a well thrown ball and not getting his feet inbounds. With all the beating we put on that man, he should have been a broken soul by the 3rd quarter...but he didn't finally crack until the very last drive. He didn't finally let his frustrations show until the drive that ended with a Sam Madison interception return for TD.

He will be very good.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I was very impressed with Leftwich today. The man was harrassed by our DL all day long...so much so the Jags OL might as well have not even been there like that one NFL commercial showing the DL going after David Carr.

One of his interceptions was a miscommunication between him and a receiver, the receiver cut off his route when he should have kept running. Another int was a batted pass. And the last one, hell it was 4th and 15 down by a TD with just about no hope left in the game.

The scariest part about Byron was that we kept harrassing and beating down that man all fricking day long...and he just popped back up and kept at it. Fred Taylor wasn't giving him any help (except to drop passes and fumble the ball). Troy Edwards wasn't giving him much help catching a well thrown ball and not getting his feet inbounds. With all the beating we put on that man, he should have been a broken soul by the 3rd quarter...but he didn't finally crack until the very last drive. He didn't finally let his frustrations show until the drive that ended with a Sam Madison interception return for TD.

He will be very good.
i don't think you caught my drift. he played by himself, was left out of his teams ineptness! ;)

Originally posted by ckparrothead

He will be very good.

That's why Jax is playing him ahead of Brunell, to take his beatings this year, learn the speed of the NFL game, and hopefully be much improved next year. Imagine him throwing to Roy Williams of Texas next year ( With our sure top 5 draft pick :rolleyes: )

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
all i know is that leftwich threw 3 Ints today. one was a doozy to put the game away. leftwich will be a good one, but to compare him to marino is a joke. marino knew the game from teh get go. leftwich will be learning and learning. he does have swagger though.

0 TD's, 3 INT's, sacked 4 times.

As good as Marino? NO WAY! He's better!

I agree, Leftwich is impressive. He's tough and accurate and probably the best young QB since Manning. The Marino comparisons are appropriate.

Originally posted by finfan54
Leftwich will be a good one, but to compare him to marino is a joke. marino knew the game from teh get go. leftwich will be learning and learning. he does have swagger though.

Marino;s 1st 2 games

Dan Marino's Rookie Season - 1983
Date Opponent ---Att Comp Yards Pct. TD INT Long Sack Result

9/19*--- at L.A Raiders 17 11 90 .648 2 0 11 0/0 L 27-14
10/2* at New Orleans 22 12 150 .545 1 1 25 1/6 L 17-7

You sure about Marino having "IT" from the get go ?
That comparison might not be so far off !!!

:rolleyes:

Ryan Leaf's first two games could be compared to Marino's then.

Hell, lets compare everyones first two games to Marino's!

Back
Top Bottom