“Legal” Tampering Day Superthread | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Legal” Tampering Day Superthread

That depends on how fast the cap rises. It could be approaching 300 mil in a few years, with the new TV/streaming contracts.

For a team like KC, they could basically accept a down year, eat a ton of dead money, and have a reset blank slate.

Not saying it will all go down that way, but it isn't a crazy scenario.
No kidding. It's like situational awareness doesn't exist. With this year's cap numbers the smart teams are essentially buying on the dip, knowing that in all likelihood when the cap rises again it will be an explosion not incremental

That philosophy is troubling to me. It never seems to come down to a choice of 3 "really good" vs. one "maybe great" player. 3 average players vs. one maybe great player is the more likely scenario. We need more great players. Right now we have 2, and one is our kicker.
It was a moronic quote from Grier. Nobody is scared of a team without great players. And there is a direct local reference point with the Canes. The dominant teams had great players. The irrelevant teams since 2005 have had plenty of good to very good players. Meanwhile Alabama is winning titles with great players throughout the roster.

Last years long term yield is now a joke.

KVN - $15M for one above average year - Released.
Lawson - $10M for one average year - Traded.
Jordan Howard - $1M for each TD (4). 5 Games / 3 starts - Released.

Flowers - I like him a lot. But $10M AAV is high. Especially with Kindley and Hunt on the roster. But keeps us from having to add a RT.

Ogbah, Jones and Fejedelem are our "hits" from last season. Paid through the nose for Jones but we needed him (contrary to what other believe because of bs PFF rankings).
Ogbah was the best value signing.

I think they learned their lesson.

Thankfully.

Give me one big signing - Trey Hendrickson.

And then maybe Mark Andrews or Karras re-sign.

Call it a day.
I always said the goal in free agency should be 2-0

Yes but Samuel plays with better receivers so the Panthers can distrubate to différent players. And its easiest to do stats with Stafford than Cam or Bridgewater.
(sorry for my english)
This is false outside of Moore the Panthers only had Samuel. Lions had M.Jones(978 yds), Hockenson(702yds),Amendola(607 yds). Lions have the better Receivers. Cam Newton was the MVP the year before Samuel was drafted. He had one bad year where he got injured then went to NE. Stafford was was only better after Cams injury. Stafford threw 1 less interception and only 300 yds more than bridgewater last year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom