LeGarrette Blount | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeGarrette Blount

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Blount is projected to hit FA but who knows what Mr Bill is thinking in NE. He is 27, 6' and 240 pounds. He did play in Tampa, and may or may not have any relationship with Hickey.

He only played 324 snaps last year (24%), and did his damage in the second half. He ran the ball 182 tomes for 941 yards, a 5.2 average, and 11 TD's but, did have 3 fumbles.

He was VG as a pass blocker. On 40 pass protects, he gave up 0 pressure. As a receiver, he caught 2 of 3 passes for 38 yards, He caused 28 missed tackles, and had a 2.8 yards after contact average.

I have a definite interest here in a big back who can block, and average 5 yards a carry. I believe he would pair up very nicely with Miller, and be a big subtraction from the Pats.

Blount is projected to hit FA but who knows what Mr Bill is thinking in NE. He is 27, 6' and 240 pounds. He did play in Tampa, and may or may not have any relationship with Hickey.

He only played 324 snaps last year (24%), and did his damage in the second half. He ran the ball 182 tomes for 941 yards, a 5.2 average, and 11 TD's but, did have 3 fumbles.

He was VG as a pass blocker. On 40 pass protects, he gave up 0 pressure. As a receiver, he caught 2 of 3 passes for 38 yards, He caused 28 missed tackles, and had a 2.8 yards after contact average.

I have a definite interest here in a big back who can block, and average 5 yards a carry. I believe he would pair up very nicely with Miller, and be a big subtraction from the Pats.

I like the pass pro stats. Much in need for this team.

IT depends...he has been a notable head case (Tampa and college) and Hickey (having experience with him) may end up avoiding a player like him...

I would like Blount of Gerhart. No more rookie RB

Mean, nasty, and lays wood, love to see him in a Fin uni.

FWIW, ESPN has him rushing 153 times for 772, a 5.0 avg, and 7 TD's. I haven't a clue as to why there is this difference, and for the intent of this thread, it really does not matter.

IT depends...he has been a notable head case (Tampa and college) and Hickey (having experience with him) may end up avoiding a player like him...

True, and Philbin will likely not want him. I'm just going by what he did on the field for MrBill.

How much do you invest into a 27 year old big back? A back with very limited feet.

No - watched enough of him in Tampa. He had that one awesome game vs Indy in the playoffs but that's the only time he's really done anything impressive. He doesn't pick up the blitz that well and offers nothing in the passing game as well. If we got him as like a 3rd down bruiser that's fine but nothing else.

Hes only a year older than DT. Release DT and replace him with Blount!

Crazy to sign a big contract for a running back. The draft is filled with guys who could be good. The key is picking the right one for this offense. Thomas had no business being picked where he was picked. He was a day 3 prospect at best due to his running style and lack of vision. This year the draft is littered with RB prospects that should be had late in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom