Leon Searcy Deal Just About Done.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leon Searcy Deal Just About Done..

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
WELL.... Its still a great day for the Dolphins...even though OLIN KREUTZ spurned our offer. I have heard that LEON SEARCY will be signed by the Dolphins....possibly as early as today. Its going to be a 1 year contract. Searcy will provide some leadership...and will be tried at Guard. Another nice move...he will help the OL.

How does TIM RUDDY feel today?

I am going to get out all my RICKY WILLIAMS rookie cards today... He and Chambers next season...in AUTHENTICS and merchandise...will equal huge dollars.

GOOD DAY..
DCH

I like Leon Searcy and remember him back with the Steelers 92-95. Nice!! :D

Searcy gives us some decent depth and competition along the interior line. The big questions will still be at LT with our walking wounded.

Searcy was a RT AFAIK, but I guess he can be #2 or 3 on the depth chart at LT behind Spriggs and/or B Smith

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Brent Smith is a pretty solid LT?

I like the guy, and from what I have heard Smith is 100% and ready to rock.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Brent Smith is a pretty solid LT?

I like the guy, and from what I have heard Smith is 100% and ready to rock.
Smith is still unproven as a starter and health-wise. Last year, I was OK w/it.

searcy............

searci s is one of the best o linemen ever. he was devestating with the squeelers and jags, but he he has been injured the last couple of years. thats the only question at this point, will he stay healthy.

HEY DCH!!

since we are not getting kruetz, what about the finz giving willie roaf a shot? have you heard of any interest on the finz part?

Re: searcy............

Originally posted by clayton83
searci s is one of the best o linemen ever. he was devestating with the squeelers and jags, but he he has been injured the last couple of years. thats the only question at this point, will he stay healthy.

HEY DCH!!

since we are not getting kruetz, what about the finz giving willie roaf a shot? have you heard of any interest on the finz part?

I don't want to hear Randy Mueller's name again for quite some time :)

Ok folks since Olin actually showed he isn't a typical athlete by showing "loyalty" then what are ALL our other options for Offensive Linemen?

There is the Willie Roaf scenario but we would be eating a pretty big contract (although we were going to eat one for Olin). What else? We need to know all our scenarios.

As for Searcy I don't see him being much help. Chances are he will blow out again by halfway through the season.

the latest on Roaf

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/fanball/20020308/fanball-broncoswillieroafint.html

According to the Denver Post, LT Willie Roaf is flying to Denver this weekend to meet with the team and take a physical. Roaf, who’s daughter lives in the area, is coming off knee surgery, but is expected to be 100 percent by training camp. After a falling out with the Saints, he will either be traded or released on or before March 20, when he is due to receive a $4.5 million roster bonus.

Back
Top Bottom