Leon Searcy - The Latest ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leon Searcy - The Latest !

Jorser

Insider
Reaction score
WSVN Channel 7 in So. Fla just reported that Searcy has been told by doctors that he may NOT need surgery and could return in a few weeks. This is the Drew Rosenhaus station so the info feed from them would be the most accurate. Probably still too early to know for sure as Leon is probably getting multiple opinions before deciding what to do. One thing is for sure though, if his injury was without question season ending from the information they have so far, he would have been put on IR today and that did not happen. To be continued. Lets hope it turns out that he not done for the year. They may kep him on the active roster until after final cutdown and then put him on IR making him eligible to return after 6 weeks. This actually would work in their favor, stashing an extra OL to be available at a later date and keeping a younger prospect with more upside in the meantime. We shall see. Too early to call, but at least there is some hope he may not be done for the year just yet.

I hope you're right, but Ch. 6 just reported that it's likely he'll miss the season. Rosenhaus reports are usually accurate, but he gives that report on Sundays.

Aug. 30, 2002
Dolphins might lose Searcy for season
The Dolphins lost guard Leon Searcy possibly for the season because a torn triceps muscle. Searcy suffered a torn triceps muscle that will require surgery in the next couple days, according to his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Searcy becomes the second offensive lineman lost to the team in the last week. Backup left tackle Brent Smith suffered a season-ending knee injury last week.

ESPNews said that he is definitely out for the season. Reported from his agent.

An hour later: I'm a dirty liar. Searcy is out for a while but it's just a muscle injury. So much for the Worldwide Leader In Sports.

Originally posted by poornate
An hour later: I'm a dirty liar. Searcy is out for a while but it's just a muscle injury. So much for the Worldwide Leader In Sports.

That's right, it's only a muscle injury not requiring surgury..

Searcy's injury not bad

The second MRI after the blood had cleared showed that it was only a muscle injury. I couldn't have woken up to better news regarding Leon. I'm thrilled, and I can't wait to see him back in there contributing.

Jorser thanks for the Quick update that turned out to be accurate and early. Keep comming back.

I was the one who first posted that he was out for the season, but don't accuse me of jumping the gun. ESPN had reported the injury as season ending, and that's what I posted yesterday.....

ESPN was wrong, and therefore so was I. L. Searcy will be back in 2-3 weeks....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yeah Blitzkrieg noone blames you for reporting it...although we could all see it at the bottom of ESPN...I don't usually post the little tidbits off that because everyone can see it for themselves usually.

Blitz, we all know the media can be wrong...at least you didn't act like you knew something the rest of didn't...I hate it when people do that.

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
thats the kind of positive attitude we need infinsible........ GOOD JOB!!!!!!!

LOL.....oh well, I'm just trying to remember the last 33yo football player who lost a couple of years to injury and then came back durable again:confused: .....

Back
Top Bottom