leon washington? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

leon washington?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
With all this talk about trading ricky williams(i want to keep him) i think saban will get a 2nd for him, so who do we get to back up ronnie? we have morris and he is a great player but could the fins consider drafting a rb late? if so what about leon washington from fsu? we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round and he would be a great 3rd down back and can help welker on punt and kickoff returns if need be. washington has 1-2 round talent imo but was not used right at fsu. thoughts?

ohh i forgot about kay-jay harris, we still have him right? he can be a decent backup

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Leon Washington a lot (Damn Jeff Bowden for screwing his college career), but I can't see us burning a 3rd or 4th for a third down back. Morris is an excellent backup IMO and Minor can do decent work as well. IF we did get another back it would be probably in the 7th round or an UDFA.

We still have Kay Jay too, who knows, maby he ends up in the mix.

Kay-jay the man i bet you minor well be gone and Ricky well get trade Sammy Morris well take a pay cut are rbs well be ronnie brown Kay-jay Harris and Sammy Morris

supposedly leon washingtons draft status has dropped significantly and could be a 5th rounder if hes there then i would take him in a heartbeat

nolefin said:
With all this talk about trading ricky williams(i want to keep him) i think saban will get a 2nd for him, so who do we get to back up ronnie? we have morris and he is a great player but could the fins consider drafting a rb late? if so what about leon washington from fsu? we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round and he would be a great 3rd down back and can help welker on punt and kickoff returns if need be. washington has 1-2 round talent imo but was not used right at fsu. thoughts?

ohh i forgot about kay-jay harris, we still have him right? he can be a decent backup

I like all your FSU picks, but I would rather utilize Kay-Jay than draft Leon Washington. He's no different than Minor. I would love us to get Willie Reid for KR. That boy has some speed. :fire: :driveby:

Killer308 said:
I like all your FSU picks, but I would rather utilize Kay-Jay than draft Leon Washington. He's no different than Minor. I would love us to get Willie Reid for KR. That boy has some speed. :fire: :driveby:

washington is extremely different from Minor. washington is extremely underrated because of problems mentioned above, jeff bowden.

Nappy Roots said:
washington is extremely different from Minor. washington is extremely underrated because of problems mentioned above, jeff bowden.
True, but he's not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick. Willie Reid is.

You are very optimistic thinking we can get D.J. Shockley in the 6th round and Jonathan Orr after the 3rd....they are both great players...i had a chance to watch Shockley in detail and after he gets enough experience, I believe he will make a good QB in the NFL, and Jonathan Orr has great hands but will go before we can get a chance at him...

Killer308 said:
True, but he's not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick. Willie Reid is.

i believe he is worth a 3rd or 4th. Do i want to take a RB with a 3rd or 4th? hell no.

and i dont think reid is worth that.

Madman29 said:
supposedly leon washingtons draft status has dropped significantly and could be a 5th rounder if hes there then i would take him in a heartbeat

We don't have a 5th.

If we trade Ricky I wouldn't mind taking him in the 4th. I don't know that he'll be there after the combine, but I like him alot. Last year he was very under appreciated for how well he preformed at FSU. This year they totally screwed up his numbers with a terrible system and playcalling. I know alot of people compare him to Dunn and Minor, but I think he is more complete. He is more of a strait line runner with deceptive power and great cutting ability and vision. He will be a big time sleeper IMO.

nolefin said:

:lol:
Your mock cracks me up. I went to FSU, so Im a big fan, but Washington, Reid, Nicholson, and Watkins all in the same draft? I think we only have Minor and maybe one other player on the entire roster from FSU...especially considering Sabans tendency towards SEC players.

Dolfan_Noles said:
:lol:
Your mock cracks me up. I went to FSU, so Im a big fan, but Washington, Reid, Nicholson, and Watkins all in the same draft? I think we only have Minor and maybe one other player on the entire roster from FSU...especially considering Sabans tendency towards SEC players.

I love all my fsu boys i hope we draft them all, honestly i would like to get watkins and not because he is a nole.

Back
Top Bottom