Leroy Ryals-ex lsu tight end coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leroy Ryals-ex lsu tight end coach

*_*ADMIRAL*_*

Thanks for the memories Pat
Reaction score
My high school football team just hired Leroy Ryals as Head Coach

heres a link about him http://www.nicksaban.net/coaches/ryals.html

Here is an excerpt from an article in our local news where Ryals discusses Nick Saban

Q: How do you think your experience at USF and LSU will help you as a high school coach?

A: It will help me as far as the Xs and Os. I've also learned a lot from (Saban) about teaching and teaching technique. He's big on that. A lot of coaches yell and scream and motivate. That's great. You've got to do that. You've got to motivate. But you've got to teach the game. Teach them how to get better. If a kid drops a ball, don't just scream at him for dropping the ball. You've got to teach him why he dropped the ball. And how if you do it this way, you won't. And after awhile if they continue to do it the wrong way you've got to get after them and say, 'I told you to do it this way. And this is going to be successful.' And show them why this way is wrong and this way is right. And I'm a big guy on video to show them. ... These kids these days everything is visual. So you've got to show them on video this way is right, this way is wrong. That's the biggest key coming back to high school. Of course, you're not going to be able to run as many exotic plays and all that stuff because you're not going to have the time. But you teach them the fundamentals and the techniques and to be disciplined enough to do it every down and I think that's how you be successful.

Q: What was the biggest thing you learned from Coach Saban at LSU?

A: Probably teaching the fundamentals of the game. Organization, he's big on organization. And consistency. You've got to do it day in and day out. Be organized as a staff and know what you're going to do before you go on the practice field. My time and your time is very valuable. And I tell the kids I'm going to respect their time because time at home with their family is very important and to do the things that they want to do. My practices are very detailed and organized, moving around, stay on the clock. I let them know exactly what hours we're going to be in football and exactly what days we're going to work and the rest of their time is theirs. I think the kids respect that because a lot of times especially in high school those kids get worn out because there is so much stuff to do and you do it over and over. ... You've got to give them time to breathe and be kids and grow up. Give them time to read a book and that kind of stuff. Then it doesn't get dry. It doesn't get boring to them. You've got to stimulate their minds. But right now the only thing stimulating their minds are the Internet and TV or radio. You've got to be able to stimulate them. If you make it boring to them and it's tedious it doesn't motivate them at all to work.

the rest of the article is here

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/prep_sports/article/0,2548,TCP_1053_3728329,00.html

Good post! The more I read about Saban the more I see him as being the opposite of our previous coach...and I like that a lot!

yeah me too....now i want to join the football team just to know as much as saban as i can ;)

jp1979 said:
whats the reason he is coaching high school ?

i dont know but im happy that we have a coach with good experience

he also said that when saban left there were all new coaches so i dont know

maybe were just that good:wink:

Back
Top Bottom