Lesnar a Viking? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lesnar a Viking?

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
WWE star Brock Lesnar tried out for the Vikings on Friday. According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, if Minnesota signs him at the league minimum, it would be a substantial pay cut from what he's making as a professional wrestler.

Does anyone know what position he is even going out for? I think that this guy has all the potential to be a decent football player. He is another David Boston. What do you guys think>?

ryyyan24 said:
WWE star Brock Lesnar tried out for the Vikings on Friday. According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, if Minnesota signs him at the league minimum, it would be a substantial pay cut from what he's making as a professional wrestler.

Does anyone know what position he is even going out for? I think that this guy has all the potential to be a decent football player. He is another David Boston. What do you guys think>?
I read somewhere he was going for DE...but I think he'll take what he can get or what the coach thinks he'd be best at. I think he's also trying out for the Chiefs some time soon...

On NFL Access a couple of days ago and they talked about Lesner...they said it will take about 2 years. And he might go to NFL Europe next year.

ryyyan24 said:

LOL are you serious did you just say he's another David Boston? The guy plays defensive end and weighs damn near 300 pounds, yup I see the resemblence to Boston. How many times do we have to discuss this...what on earth would make you think he has what it takes to make it other than his physical aspects?

i dont know if he is gonna be a viking, tice was skeptical, and i trust tices judgement hes one of the most underrated coaches in the league. even though i completely HATE the vikings perhaps even more than the jets or pats.

WWE star Lesnar shows raw ability, but can he make the Vikings

spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]By BOB SANSEVERE[/size]
spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]Saint Paul Pioneer Press[/size]
spacer-1.gif

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Brock Lesnar is an imposing young man. He has a body you often see chiseled from marble, not flesh and bone. His arms are thicker than most people's thighs, his back so wide you could hang a Picasso from it. He is 6 feet 3, 286 pounds of thick, rippled muscle. Just standing there in a shirt and pants, he looks like a football player after all the pads have been put on.

The thing is, Lesnar doesn't just want to look like a football player. He wants to become one.

Lesnar had a tryout Friday with the Vikings to see if it's possible.

"He is a project with a capital P," said Scott Studwell, the Vikings' director of college scouting. "He's got physical tools, but he has a long way to go."

Read the balance here:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/bob_sansevere/8904276.htm

Mod Note: Hey Freak... :) Thanks for pasting an item of interest, but... we cannot allow whole articles to be posted here. Please use the format into which I've edited your original post: a brief abstract or quote... followed by a link for the balance. Thanks!

P4E

Lesner playing pro football might be a good thing in 3 years, if some moron team puts him on their roster. Pro wrestlers are not the athletes that many of the young folk think, they travel constantly and have to "look" good for TV. I did enjoy the WWF when I was a child, and still think it is good entertainment when I'm totally bored, but it's not an issue in the NFL, ever! :yell: :lol: :goof: :mad: :rolleyes: Lets stik to real football issues here. :shakeno:

I think there's alot in wrestling (even stage) wrestling that can relate to that of a game of football. Based on his mere physique I can see him making some teams. Plus it's good for marketing.

This whole Lesnar thing is a joke to me. The guy is incredibly athletic but he didn't even play football in college. Just because he is a good athlete with huge muscles doesn't mean he will ever do anything in the NFL.

iceblizzard69 said:
This whole Lesnar thing is a joke to me. The guy is incredibly athletic but he didn't even play football in college. Just because he is a good athlete with huge muscles doesn't mean he will ever do anything in the NFL.

yeah this is a big joke, at least the rock played end for the hurricanes, but he isn't stupid enough to try this.

Why is it such a joke? If there is any WWE star out there that can do it he would be the one. And i for one say good luck!

Back
Top Bottom