Let the Terrell Owens sweepstakes begin.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let the Terrell Owens sweepstakes begin..

I heard the ATL. I cant see Reid putting up with his crap. Lets hope Dan and Rick take a pass on that tour (Meshawn also).

Despite Owens's obvious talent and the fact that he would certainly help Miami's offense..I actually agree..Pass. Even if Miami could afford him..which I doubt..he doesn't come off as a player that will quietly fit his role in the offense.

Imagine Owens lobbying every play for the QB (whoever it may be) to to throw him the ball because he was open. Where would that leave Chambers, McMichael and Ricky? I doubt he could handle being second fiddle in an offense built around Ricky's talents.

That's exactly why I don't believe Owens will be considered here at all-Ricky Williams! Owens whines if he doesn't get the ball as much as he thinks he should. I could see him becoming #1 WR here, but RW is going to be the main guy on the offense and that wouldn't sit well with Owens at all. He will probably go somewhere without a stud RB. Actually I could see Owens going to the Jets. Nothing against Martin, but he's getting older, plus losing Coles hurt.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Despite Owens's obvious talent and the fact that he would certainly help Miami's offense..I actually agree..Pass. Even if Miami could afford him..which I doubt..he doesn't come off as a player that will quietly fit his role in the offense.

Imagine Owens lobbying every play for the QB (whoever it may be) to to throw him the ball because he was open. Where would that leave Chambers, McMichael and Ricky? I doubt he could handle being second fiddle in an offense built around Ricky's talents.

Yeah, that sure would suck having a player in this offense who demanded the ball. TO is such a vast upgrade over all the receivers, save for Chambers, that I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Dolphins uniform. Not like it would happen. Keep in mind, the only time TO gets pissed is when the team is losing. He thinks the Niners' best chance to win is when the ball is in his hands, and you know what? He's right.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I heard the ATL. I cant see Reid putting up with his crap. Lets hope Dan and Rick take a pass on that tour (Meshawn also).

When you say ATL are you meaning Atlanta?? I just can't see that being that Peerless Price's #1 reason for leaving Buffalo, was because he knew he would never be the #1 guy there with Eric Moulds, so he went to Atlanta. I'd be pretty pissed if I were Peerless, and Atlanta landed Owens. Atlanta needs some OL help, and some help at the DB position. WR is this least of that teams needs right now., and their $$ needs to be spent elsewhere.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Yeah, that sure would suck having a player in this offense who demanded the ball. TO is such a vast upgrade over all the receivers, save for Chambers, that I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Dolphins uniform. Not like it would happen. Keep in mind, the only time TO gets pissed is when the team is losing. He thinks the Niners' best chance to win is when the ball is in his hands, and you know what? He's right.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that having Owens would suck. A player of his talents are few and far between. He absolutely would make Miami 's offense better...but you have to admit that there are some negative things about having him on the team.

Look at the teams in the Superbowl. Do either of them have a WR with Owens talent? Steve Smith, Deion Branch, Troy Brown Muhammad..not really. You can be a top team without a super-stud WR. Those teams proved that you have to have a team that is willing to do what it takes to win..even if it means sacrificing stats so that someone else can make plays. Owens is not that guy.

As far as Terrell Owens coming here, I would rather spend the cash that Owens would demand on someone like Orlando Pace. I think Chris Chambers will be one of the top 5 WR's in the league this upcoming season. Getting 11 TDs and just short of under 1000 yards isn't too bad for a WR that had to deal with QB problems all season long.

It could be argued that Chris Chambers is at least as good as any WR from the two teams playing in the SuperBowl.

Originally posted by chambers84

When you say ATL are you meaning Atlanta?? I just can't see that being that Peerless Price's #1 reason for leaving Buffalo, was because he knew he would never be the #1 guy there with Eric Moulds, so he went to Atlanta. I'd be pretty pissed if I were Peerless, and Atlanta landed Owens. Atlanta needs some OL help, and some help at the DB position. WR is this least of that teams needs right now., and their $$ needs to be spent elsewhere.

Yeah I meant atlanta. When TO first mentioned he would be shopping and niners had no prob with that, TO said he wanted to go to several teams. The ATL was the top of his list. That does not mean he will go there but having him target you would catch the interest of most GMs.

He might wine about not getting the ball but he should get the ball. He could be a great possesion reciever which is what we need. Chambers can be are deep threat.

Recent Owens statement..."I would love to play in Phili. They have been to the championship game 3 years in a row. Not to disrespect their players but I would be a great addition. I think I am an MVP type player."

Heard on the Jim Rome show (radio).

If we could get TO, get him, he catch short passes and makes them TD's, I'd take his mouth for that type of production. Plus this locker room would shut him down..there's enough stars on this team to mute him. Ricky, TO, Randy, Chambers, DT, Konrad, plus an upgraded oline. Yea, I could get with that. I could even keep Jay in that situation, because TO would take Jay's most accurate pass, the short one and make it a big gain.

The guy's a great WR and he KNOWS it. He whines too much and gets all pissy about not enough touches, but if we WERE to take him, I'd hope that would be clarified early in the negotiations.....This is RW's team slick....got it?

Back
Top Bottom