Let The Trading Begin! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let The Trading Begin!

FinTrader

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens in the coming weeks, I have accepted the fact that I will be bummed…I was so looking forward to Boston and Ricky kicking the cr@p out of everyone…now we will never know what might have been…

Therefore, I propose we shake some things up now, rather than put a brave face on this, lets simply accept our station and make some bold moves that will position us for the future…I am not interested in stop gap measures.

Thus, I suggest the following trades, and the more the merrier…Frankly, I would consider trading anyone at this point if I thought it would bring in reasonable talent at a value price. There are several teams that have needs that we could satisfy with some of our players (for the right price). At least the trading would generate cause for hope…

Trade Scenario #1

(Green Bay and Miami)

Najeh Davenport

Mike McKenzie

for

Sam Madison

Trade Scenario #2

(Dallas and Miami)

Antonio Bryant

Andre Gurode

for

Jay Fiedler

Trade Scenario #3

(Oakland and Miami)

Doug Gabriel

First Round Pick

for

Ricky Williams

Trade Scenario #4

(Chicago and Miami)

Alex Brown

Arron Gibson

Todd Johnson

for

Adewale Ogunleye

What do you think. And the key word is think. I have put some thought into this so think before you reply. GB needs CB help, bad. Dallas needs a QB, bad. Oakland needs a RB, Chicago needs a pass rush and they want OGun. The question I keep asking myself is would Alex Brown suddenly become a stud if playing in our system? With our CB? Beside JT? I think yes. Is OGun vastly superior in talent to Brown? Chicago might think so; what do you think?

Anyway, on our side, I think the only area of need that is neglected, given this scenario would be backup QB. I guess I am willing to give Sage his chance and take the risk. The only CAP concern is with Madison, but with the recent events, I think we could handle it.

What do you THINK??

FinTrader

interesting i think we should trade o-gun for rod gardner and there #1 pick

interesting i think we should trade o-gun for rod gardner and there #1 pick
then trade ricky to oakland for there #1 and justin fargus

I think the Green Bay trade would be awesome, but I don't think Greenbay would give up all that. MM is represented by Drew R, and I don't think the Phins would want another Drew Client, that thinks he is better then he is and deseriving of more money around. I do like the proposal though.

How About Trading For Plaxico Burress?

:) This might work for the dolphins at the wide out position.

So thinking about the GB Scenario...
We are presently deepest at the CB position.
GB and Phily are two teams whose D are built around solid CB play and are lacking the talent currently required.
MM has stated he isn't playing for GB. If you are GB, you need to find a CB that is talented enough to cover the opposing teams #1. Who is available? What team is going to be willing to trade such a player. I actually think Drew representing MM is a good think. Also, MM is from South Florida. Miami has the advantage in this scenario. Bottom line is this...how bad is the GB defenese exposed if MM doesn't play this year? Based on the comments Farve made earlier in the off season, I would suggest considerable exposure. Is it enough to throw in Dookie? Well, if not, then we don't do the trade. Is it possible? Maybe.

All of those are very unlikely.... no one is gonna give us what we need or want and throw in 2 extra players for one veteran who is showing signs of slowing down or ogun. NO ONE has shown interest in ogun hes a selfish and greedy person...

maybe sam madison for rod gardner and a 2nd round pick.

What's all the focus about trading for players to fill the void. It seems that's all we do when we short somewhere is trade for somebody. How about for once we let young kids have a chance. When st. louis lost green did they panic and pick up anybody to fill the posistion, no they let warner handle and look what happened. Same thing with brady and the patsies. The point is let your players have a chance for once. But that's just my opinion.

Najeh Davenport already said he doesnt want to go to miami and the packers have already stated they have no interest in trading him away either. So forget about a trade with green bay.

Not so fast...take a look at the GB roster, if we were willing to help them solve their CB problem, suppose we were willing to conisder Sam Madison, what would GB have to offer to make this a good deal for the Dolphins? Id say MM + someone else. There is no point in an MM for SM trade straight up. So if not Dookie, then who else would the Phins have an interest in? Javon Walker would be great but I know that will not happen...My point is that GB isn't looking forward to going into the season with their current CB situation. Despite our current misfortunes, in this case, they may need us more than we need them.

FinTrader said:
Not so fast...take a look at the GB roster, if we were willing to help them solve their CB problem, suppose we were willing to conisder Sam Madison, what would GB have to offer to make this a good deal for the Dolphins? Id say MM + someone else. There is no point in an MM for SM trade straight up. So if not Dookie, then who else would the Phins have an interest in? Javon Walker would be great but I know that will not happen...My point is that GB isn't looking forward to going into the season with their current CB situation. Despite our current misfortunes, in this case, they may need us more than we need them.

Thats very foolish of you to try and say they need us more then we need them. They already said their not interested in trading with us.

FinSinceBirth said:
What's all the focus about trading for players to fill the void. It seems that's all we do when we short somewhere is trade for somebody. How about for once we let young kids have a chance. When st. louis lost green did they panic and pick up anybody to fill the posistion, no they let warner handle and look what happened. Same thing with brady and the patsies. The point is let your players have a chance for once. But that's just my opinion.

yes i agree.... obviously we aren't going to make a run to the SB, so lets use what we got - give our young'uns and draftees a chance to shine.

O-gun is NOT greedy, i don't know who said that - he just wants what he deserves.

Dallas is NOT in dire need of a QB - they finally just got rid of their cancer. Vinny is actually quite capable, and Drew Henson is shining right now in TC and in their scrimmages. Romo knows the system.

None of those trades look like they'd happen anyway - all are too favorable to us.

I say keep ogun, give him that contract he deserves. we aren't getting any younger on defense, we need his youth. Use our rookies and other newbie receivers to fill the void - have them step up.

FinSinceBirth said:
I understand the thought, and in certain situations I would agree with you, even at a certain degree of risk (ie Sage). Unfortunately, it doesn't appear there is anyone capable to step up as a #2 WR or a #1 RG. I don't see it. So I am for going out and trying to 'fill the void' rather than doing nothing and hoping for the best.

FinTrader

Back
Top Bottom