Let's face it, Wanny isn't a good coach and he didn't deserve another chance......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's face it, Wanny isn't a good coach and he didn't deserve another chance.........

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Look at all the coaches that have been fired for lack of commitment such as the Miami Dolphins lack of commitment. Every team and every group must look up to a leader to tell them where they need to go.

A team doesn't need the most exxagerate amount of talent to win in this league anymore, you need to execute every task as precisely as possible and during wanny's stay in miami, that never happened.

One of the reasons why so many coaches with good records are fired is because its a right decision to change the atmosphere of the team by having a new leader. At this point is pointless because we are gonna have most starters back in our team and wanny will bring his usual simplistic attitute, lack of disipline toward the team and poor game planning.

How do you think the players will look at dave another season?

It's also very humurous as the first thing that wannstead said after getting his extension was, "first things first , we need to upgrade our passing game".

During his 4 year stay here, hasn't that been a problem all along in this team?

The 2003 season is over, the 2004 is coming and we are still trying to fix something that hasn't been fixed for all this time. Even if we were to have a quarterback like Jay Fiedler, a good coach would make a better use of his team such as Bill Belichick, which wanny isn't.

Don't give me the players bs crap, the players can commit penalties, miss tackles, do stupid bs but guess who is responsible for their actions? Their coach. Most Miami fans aren't happy but since he is free to concentrate on coaching, Dave will be exposed now to his bad coaching and I doubt he'll make it beyond 2004 as a head coach.

Every season under wanny, the dissapointments become bigger and never stop and for once in our team we needed to go into a different direction, instead we turn into the leader of our failures which is Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll say this nice and short..

when DW took over he went 11-5.. why? he got a good team. miami has regressed because of his poor drafts, and FA deals.

he no longer has that power, miami will be fine with DW. i believe he can win a SB with miami.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
We'll see if you are right, he's had enough time to prove it.

not really, because he's been the GM all the time he was HC. thats why i believe he got a 2 year extension. to see what would happen with a GM.

if miami went for offense, over defense what could the record have been? 4/6 games miami lost by 7 or less... we're really close with DW. now a GM will come in and fix the problems.

He's been part of our failures mostly and we rewarded him with a job for it. There are no second chances in this league.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
He's been part of our failures mostly and we rewarded him with a job for it. There are no second chances in this league.

rewarded? his GM duties were stipped away...

is it ironic, that coaches that don't get 2nd chances fail with someone new?!

DW is no longer the GM. he can coach... not worry about who he should re-sign to the practice squad or some crap. he takes his players he's given (which will be an upgrade) and coach.

Every season under wanny, the dissapointments become bigger and never stop and for once in our team we needed to go into a different direction, instead we turn into the leader of our failures which is Dave.
I think that really sums up everything.

DW is no longer the GM. he can coach... not worry about who he should re-sign to the practice squad or some crap. he takes his players he's given (which will be an upgrade) and coach.

Granted. However, I still think the bigger problem is his assistant coaches (his buddies from Chicago) that he brought in to help. The special teams coach (armstrong) over Westoff!? And his oline coach (don't remember his name) over Bodreau (sp?). Those two parts of our team are the biggest weaknesses and I look directly at those decisions of DW.

I am just tired of seeing our beloved phins being out coached. Now he doesn't have the excuse of being GM too... but what will be his excuse next year?

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

when DW took over he went 11-5.. why? he got a good team. miami has regressed because of his poor drafts, and FA deals.

he no longer has that power, miami will be fine with DW. i believe he can win a SB with miami.

The talent level has gone way up since he first arrived. We have brought in Seau, Knight, and Ricky while we drafted Chambers, McMichael, etc. His drafts weren't great, and he didn't get everything we needed in FA, but the talent level of this team has gone up every year since he first arrived. This team has regressed because Wannstedt is a terrible coach.

Hiring a GM is a good move, but it isn't going to change anything about the coaching on the field. It is still going to be bad like it has been the last few years.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Hiring a GM is a good move, but it isn't going to change anything about the coaching on the field. It is still going to be bad like it has been the last few years.

:rolleyes:

11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6

Not too shabby records for this day and age in the NFL......It's not like we went 11-5, 9-7, 8-8, 5-11

Jeez, I want the playoffs as much as anyone else, but just b/c the coach screwed up once or twice, and the players screwed up once or twice....doesn't mean DW sucks and has destroyed this team. Heck, I think the players lost 3-4 out of our 6 games....and not proper planning/coaching, and i challenge anyone to show where DW caused more losses by decisions then the players did by not showing up for them (figuratively speaking) or missing tackles, assignments, etc.

houston - defense forgot to show up and thought the game was practice
pats-home - Mare didn't think practicing was important 2 missed FGs
colts-home - Ricky, can we say do a chip shot correctly?
eagles-home - what.....24 missed tackles? come on...

and you could probably extend that to the titan game as well (2 TDs on their 1st 2 possessions in the 1st qtr!...uh....defense.....are you all here playing?).

Still, games outcoached on:

Colts - they reallly controlled the game although we could have won
Titans - even after our D remembered they were playing a "real" game they still had control.....then again maybe that's because our attack plan doesn't work when we are forced to throw to play catch up!

Games up in the air:
Pats - home
Pats - away (although that should have been in our favor in the end....except we just can't remember our blocks or pick up a blitz....but that's the coach's fault?)

So.....just how exactly is it that so many people think he sucks so bad because we're 10-6 and are the first team to miss the playoffs with that record in 12 years? How many games do you think he lost for the team? Conservative.....yes......a couple bad calls here or there.....yes (as EVERY coach does).....has he just oh so ruined my hopes of the Dolphins going further next year? no.

He had a good team? With who? Damon Huard? Lamar Smith? Leslie Shepard? Fiedler (although he's still not the answer), Ricky, Chambers, and Randy are all better than what we had before.

not really, because he's been the GM all the time he was HC. thats why i believe he got a 2 year extension. to see what would happen with a GM.

if miami went for offense, over defense what could the record have been? 4/6 games miami lost by 7 or less... we're really close with DW. now a GM will come in and fix the problems.

He got the 2 year extension to make it seem like his job is stable. It sends a msg to the players. He has one more year to prove himself anyway.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

The talent level has gone way up since he first arrived. We have brought in Seau, Knight, and Ricky while we drafted Chambers, McMichael, etc. His drafts weren't great, and he didn't get everything we needed in FA, but the talent level of this team has gone up every year since he first arrived. This team has regressed because Wannstedt is a terrible coach.

That is the misconseption that I believe alot of people have about this team. The 90 percent of the talent is on the defensive side of the team...

The only real, probowl caliber and consistant talent on the offense is Ricky!

CC and McMike are is a diamond in the ruff. They need some time to polish so they can be consistant...

Hopefully this new GM has the ability to address this team's dire needs on the offensive side, since DW only payed attention to the defense, since he is defensive minded.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by Disnardo

That is the misconseption that I believe alot of people have about this team. The 90 percent of the talent is on the defensive side of the team...

CC and McMike are is a diamond in the ruff. They need some time to polish so they can be consistant...

Hopefully this new GM has the ability to address this team's dire needs on the offensive side, since DW only payed attention to the defense, since he is defensive minded.

GOOO FIIINZ

Well, its Dave's fault for not adressing the offensive needs in his tenure here. Aren't most of the people tired of hearing the same thing over and over. The offense has been mediocre at best and with the talent added through the draft, it hasn't been much of a difference.

Dave's problem in chicago was that he didnt have the talent that he wanted. He had on going clashes with the general manager but as a fin, what's the excuse now? He got his dream job finally and how he is back to the position he was in chicago except that he hsa another season with an aging defense.

Originally posted by Disnardo

GOOO FIIINZ

Most of our talent is definitely on defense. However, our offensive talent is a lot better than it was before. Look at our offense now compared to Wanny's first season. Our offense clearly has more talent now, it isn't even close.

Even though our offense is better than it was before, there are still a lot of holes and hopefully our new GM will fill them.

Back
Top Bottom