Let's hate Ricky! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's hate Ricky!

Boston Dan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? You're all (to lazy to be specific) such hypocrites... when ricky carried the ball 42 times to win the game on a last second TD he is your god. When he wants to retire and do something new with his life he's a queer, freak, *******, dumbass, trash, etc... Get a life, seriously. Live and let Live. It's a game, and he's unhappy. If his skills dropped, he would be cut right? That's a total double standard. It's a business, and he canbe happier doing something else. Another thing is denial. I just read something about him being bi polar, or some other crap, and it's getting ridiculous. Was Barry Sanders, Robert Smith, or The greatest RB ever Jim Brown ****ed up? No, they just wanted to do different thigns with their lives. He wants to retire, period, stop pyschoanalysing (SP?) and critizing for him wanting to do other things besides please people who would hate him for being who he is.

I have no beef with him wanting to do his own thing. I DO have beef with him knowing he wanted to do his own thing for a few months, and waiting until 6 days before TC started just to screw over his teammates. THAT is what I have a problem with.

phinphanphrommi said:
I have no beef with him wanting to do his own thing. I DO have beef with him knowing he wanted to do his own thing for a few months, and waiting until 6 days before TC started just to screw over his teammates. THAT is what I have a problem with.
He didn't know all along he was gonna quit THIS season. He told Robert Smith he was after season, and contemplated quiting this year a 1-2 weeks earlier. It's not like Miami would have picked up EG anyway, he costed way to much and wanted to be a cowboy. Why would Miami want A. Smith? He's garbage... Travis Minor is better. No harm, no foul... The timing is bad anytime after june 1st.

Boston Dan said:
Are you kidding me? You're all (to lazy to be specific) such hypocrites... when ricky carried the ball 42 times to win the game on a last second TD he is your god. When he wants to retire and do something new with his life he's a queer, freak, *******, dumbass, trash, etc... Get a life, seriously. Live and let Live. It's a game, and he's unhappy. If his skills dropped, he would be cut right? That's a total double standard. It's a business, and he canbe happier doing something else. Another thing is denial. I just read something about him being bi polar, or some other crap, and it's getting ridiculous. Was Barry Sanders, Robert Smith, or The greatest RB ever Jim Brown ****ed up? No, they just wanted to do different thigns with their lives. He wants to retire, period, stop pyschoanalysing (SP?) and critizing for him wanting to do other things besides please people who would hate him for being who he is.

gee thanks. be careful getting off your soap box

Boston Dan said:
I didn't know Dan LeBatard posted here under the name Boston Dan!

Ricky is 27 years old and acting like 7. The guy needs to grow up and learn to act like an adult and treat people, co-workers, and friends correctly.

Shut up Boston Dan, stop preaching. You're not gonna sway anyone and you're just going to piss a majority of us off. Our minds are made on how we feel about this subject.

Your post was so full of holes I don't even know if I want to take the time to rip them wide open. Needless to say, your point is moot. Fan reaction to Ricky's quitting the team has been, for the most part with the exception of some of the more excessive arguments, very understandable and very legitimate.

I was listening to the radio this morning in Tampa, not sports radio, a regular Disc Jockey on 97x and he had an excellent point...and if HE gets it, I don't understand why all these sports writers and fans who take Ricky's side don't get it. The DJ was talking this morning about masking agents he wanted to get listeners' opinions/stories on them...but the lead-in was about Ricky saying that he used a masking agent to cover the THC in his urine and the only times he ever failed the drug tests were when he forgot to take the masking agent. The NFL denied that such masking agents even exist...and even scientists for organizations that think pot should be legalized say that none of those masking agents actually work its just that they all have you drink like a gallon of water and the water itself is the thing that hides the THC but the NFL says they can see when a sample is diluted by drinking a ton of water, and they'll make you wait and pee again without drinking anything.

So anyway the DJ is talking about what Ricky says and as he intros him to the lay public he's like "Ricky Williams, as you know the Miami Dolphins runningback who quit on his team...err, retired...no wait a minute I'm sorry I don't care what team's fan you are whether you're a Bucs fan or Jags fan or Dolphins fan or any fan...I'll say he quit on his team because it doesn't matter what business you're in whether its football or radio or whatever, if you let your bosses and co-workers depend on you for their plans and then you quit/retire whatever you want to call it, and this is football so from what I understand he waited so long that the team has little to no options as to what they can do to replace him, then I say you're just quitting the team. You're shirking your responsibilities and letting your co-workers and bosses down for selfish reasons. It doesn't matter what business you're in thats not right, cuz you know what? If you made that committment at the beginning of the offseason and workouts or whatever, allowed those coaches and teammates to depend on you, plan their games around you and everything, yet you want to retire, then you should grow up, be a man, and do something self-less for once in your life instead of doing something self-ish. Those are the consequences of your actions, if you're putting yourself in position where people depend on you then you've got to see it through until they won't all be screwed by your decision."

At that point the other DJ with him was like "Wait a minute I thought this segment was going to be all about masking the pot in your pee..." and the DJ had to apologize for going off on a rant.

That DJ wasn't a Dolphins fan. He just understands that in life sometimes you have responsibilities to the people around you. Just as you come to depend on certain things from all them, they come to depend on certain things from you.

God I can't wait to see the look on Ricky's face, and his "poor me" wounded reaction when the Dolphins take him to court and force him to pay them $8 million dollars back for his decision to retire. I'll laugh my @ss off if he has to file bankruptcy afterwards...because I think HE is the hypocrite here. He talks about how much he never wanted this fame or fortune and how his kids don't need money while he's off jet-setting around the world enjoying the fruits of his bank account. This half-@ssed wannabe ascetic is about to learn a lesson in dealing with the consequences of his actions...and I'm all about dealing with and knowing the consequences of your actions.

Boston Dan said:
It is a sad spectacle isn't it? These people worshiped him and now they are engaged in nothing more than juvenile character assassination. The slurs and the insults are truly classless.

PatriotGOD said:
It is a sad spectacle isn't it? These people worshiped him and now they are engaged in nothing more than juvenile character assassination. The slurs and the insults are truly classless.
What are you doing here? Don't you have anything better to do than troll here? How bout you stop hanging around us "classless" fans and go to your Patriots board and talk about how great Tom Brady is.

I would expect nothing less than this kind of drivel from a patriot fan. How is it possible to go from worshipping a guy to hating him? Easy. All he has to do is betray or screw over something or someone that you care about. Happens all the time. You may love your girlfriend a whoooole lot but you catch her in bed with another man, you break up with her and refer to her as "the bytch" from then on. Oh, such classless slander, woe is me! Pfft. I know thats an extreme example, I'm just saying, you can't pretend that people don't go from adoration to hate at the blink of an eye in this world because they do.

PatriotGOD said:

thanks you can go home now

My take, for what it's worth:

a) When you leave on the eve of training camp and you're a key player on a team, people have every right to call you names and be disgusted with you. He has a right to quit but you also have a right to think he's an a-hole. You don't quit at the start of a tug of war.

b) In a way, losing Ricky could be a break for Wanny, who's as stubborn as he is unimaginative. The NFL is still a passing league, he just never got the memo. Now he should install a NE style short passing offense (neither of your QB's are good enough IMO to play in a vertical offense) and that should put more points on the board for you as long as Boston performs. It may hurt your D some due to somewhat lower TOP and you'll still need to have a decent running game, but bottom line you weren't winning any SB's with Ricky being grossly overused the way he was.

c) Lowering expectations has to be a benefit in fintown. I personally still expect your team to be competitive. Whether you're better than that is up to your coaching (doubtful) and finding an adequate, not necessarily great RB replacement. On balance it still hurts some IMO because Wanny will probably not adapt and let's face it RW is/was a great player. But it could also bring your team together more.

Boston Dan said:

My suggestion is why don't you try and stop psychoanalyzing the fans!!

I forgot all about that 42 carry game the very second he decided to quit on this team.

Screw him and the Horse that rode his Butt out of town.

This is about the Miami Dolphins playa, and anyone that screws with them gets the finger......

Back
Top Bottom