Lets Just say "What if" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets Just say "What if"

Pigskin Pimp

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a total a** and being banned from this site for the rest of eternity, lets just say "what if" Things with Jay don't go as planned and the coaching staff wanted to go after Eli at all costs.

What would be a possible scenerio at attempting something of this magnitude? Would it cost us JT or Surtain? Could we give up O-Gun and a future early round pick?

What could potentially land us a top 3 pick and a lock for Eli? Would it be worth the gamble? I know most will say no but I have to say the last time I saw a college player with as much promise the Saints gave up their entire draft to get the guy and I think they got a deal :D

I don't think this guy will pull a Leaf, he's got all the tools and the genetics to go with it. I wish we could get a shot at him :(
P.S I won't be able to see this post for 24 hrs so bump it for me! ;)

Thanks guys

WHAT IF---------we threw to mcknight more than inconsistent Chris LAMEbers and Randy McSIKE U CANT CATCH BOIIII!

*snicker snicker*

ooookay... back to the question at hand... (I mean the real one) It would cost us a player like JT or Ricky to get a pick high enough to get Manning. In addition to that, it would also cost us draft picks as well...

I could see atlanta giving up the #1 pick in the draft for our #1 and JT or for our #3 and Ricky. (I'm assuming that Atlanta has the #1 and San Diego and Jacksonville have the #2 and #3 picks)

If that is the case, it's very possible that the Chargers grab Manning with the #2 or 3 pick. if they don't, then Manning would fall to either Oakland or Arizona.

If I had to bet, Manning gets picked #4 or #5. in the draft, and wed probably need the #2 pick just in case and teams don't give that up without giving up loads in return.

If we move up it would be to a mid to upper teens max and Manning will be long gone by then.

What about O-gun? Would he not be worth tat high of a first rounder? Maybe Madison? Id much rather trade out Madison over Surtain...

I would give my left nut for Manning...but to be honest, I dont think anyone really wants that

Anyways..I definitely see San Diego picking him up first. He could go to Oakland of Arizona, but they really have decent QB's in Mr. T(assuming he's expected to be healthy next year) and Blake. The Cardinals have more problems than just QB and I really hope they realize that. They had Jake the Snake for years, and nothing came out of that...I hope they dont rope in another great QB and waste his talent.

If SD ends up with the #1 pick of the draft, I dont see any possible way of us drafting Manning, as they wont trade away their first pick, as they need a QB more than pretty much any other team.

Last edited by a moderator:
O-Gun isn't going to garner serious consideration for trade Bait. The perception in the league is that his numbers are coming more from teams throwing everything at JT rather than anything that O-Gun is doing himself.

O-Gun would probably be worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the market right now. If we combined O-Gun along with our 1st and next years 1st round picks... then possibly maybe some team might take that bait... but even that I don't think would go through.

Originally posted by McKnight80
WHAT IF---------we threw to mcknight more than inconsistent Chris LAMEbers and Randy McSIKE U CANT CATCH BOIIII!

Ummm, not to sound rude.

Are you gay? :tongue:

I'm trying to figure out that pic in your avatar as to WHY? I like McK as well..he needs more balls thrown his way..but he is known to put them on the ground for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom