Lets keep giving the benefit of the doubt to the FO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets keep giving the benefit of the doubt to the FO

Huggy Bear

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Why not? They have done a bang up job so far.

Instead of firing Dave Wannstedt, after 3 years of mediocrity (I don't consider his first year mediocre) they give him a two year extension. That alone would be bad enough, but theres more...

The dolphins were on a search for a GM to replace Wannstedt, and after viewing some very good, and experienced GM, they Hire Dave Wannstedts good friend, who he hired, Rick Spielman. Don't worry, the story isn't over yet...

To throw a smokescreen in front of a bogus hiring, by a very experienced owner, Dan Marino is hired to be Senior VP. The great thing about this deal, is he has no experience. I wouldn't want that to slow him down :rolleyes:. It was clearly a publicity stunt, to fool the fans who would be furious at the extension Dave Wannstedt received, and the hiring of his friend, who he hired, Rick Spielman.

The overall opinion was, Marino was their to kick *** and get this franchise turned around. Then when he quit, it looked as if people finally got the picture, nothing had changed. Apparently, the dolphins were going to get their QB with or without Marino's help... Then the fans focused on the debate "Rivers or Henson."

People were panicking because Rivers stock was one the rise in many people eyes, and Henson wanted a lot of money. I assume Spielman thought the same way, and looked at the list of FA. The Eagles said they were going to tender our future QB AJ Feely for a #1. What the interesting part is, they couldn't get a #2 for him in 2002 when he actually played, yet they felt he was going to attract suiters for a round 1 pick in 2003, after having played zero times. No one took the bait, except our friend Spielman offered up a conditional 2nd (Yes, it's not official, I'm glad your only argument is IF and BUT). He got a steal alright...

Why do you keep giving this awful FO the benefit of the doubt? What will it take for you get it through your head, everything you hated about 2000-2003, is still here in 2004, with a shuffled up look. You can put some makeup on a manikin to make it look like a women, but it's still plastic..

The FO gives DW a 2 year deal, hires his friend Spielman, out of more qualified candidates, and loses it's best figurehead in three weeks, and is going to trade for a 3rd string QB (Yeah, the 2nd stringer holds the FG, thats why he's not #2 on the depth chart :rolleyes:).

Stop giving them more chances, because it adds up to more foolish moves, and a rise in ticket prices...

Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce
Stop giving them more chances, because it adds up to more foolish moves, and a rise in ticket prices...

you have your opinions & we have ours. some of us would rather take the positive route & give the FO benefit of the doubt than to talk negative esp when FA, draft day & the beginning of the season hasn't even started yet.

Stop giving them chances????

Okay, fine.....I'll stop giving them chances.....Now, tell me how I'm supposed to stop them from doing what they want....

Who cares who we got at QB as long as it isnt Fiedler .... Hell just think about how much space this sight is going to save without the Fiedler Bashers. What is Feeley's big weakness ... oh yeah thats right his arm strength ... at least thats what a lot of people are saying ... but then again a lot of people say his arm strength is fine and he can make all the throws ... personally ... I dont care ... the one thing they can all agree on is that he is accurate. I dont care if the recievers drop the balls when he throws it to them ... will give me something else to complain about than how Fiedler couldnt even get them the ball.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Stop giving them chances????

Okay, fine.....I'll stop giving them chances.....Now, tell me how I'm supposed to stop them from doing what they want....

By not supporting the front office. Obviously if the fans were outraged, WH would get the picture, because he is a businessman first, and thats all he'll ever be. Look at the end of the 2003 season... Marino was hired, ticket sales went up dramatically, and guess what? The ticket prices went up... Theres always that Minor catch.

As long as fans wear rose colored glasses, and think something is better then it is, you won't see any change. I guess thats why Dave didn't get his two year extension, oh wait...

some of us would rather take the positive route & give the FO benefit of the doubt than to talk negative
I call it objective, because I would feel very good if a new coach and GM were inplace. Atleast it's change, something we all want... Wait, nvm, we just want Fiedler gone, and the QB position to change. That's going to solve the problem, just like Ricky was the final piece to the puzzle.

Who cares who we got at QB as long as it isnt Fiedler .... Hell just think about how much space this sight is going to save without the Fiedler Bashers. What is Feeley's big weakness ... oh yeah thats right his arm strength ... at least thats what a lot of people are saying ... but then again a lot of people say his arm strength is fine and he can make all the throws ... personally ... I dont care ... the one thing they can all agree on is that he is accurate. I dont care if the recievers drop the balls when he throws it to them ... will give me something else to complain about than how Fiedler couldnt even get them the ball.

I agree, it's time for change at QB, and we're gonna see what Feely can do. I hope he does a great job, I think he has some good qualities, that out weight his lack of arm strength. Look at Chad Pennington, his arm isn't strong, yet he gets the job done. Feely's value on the market was far less then what the eagles wanted, and the dolphins were willing to give.

By not supporting the front office. Obviously if the fans were outraged, WH would get the picture, because he is a businessman first, and thats all he'll ever be. Look at the end of the 2003 season... Marino was hired, ticket sales went up dramatically, and guess what? The ticket prices went up... Theres always that Minor catch.

Okay....I don't support them and I'm outraged...:fire: :fire: :fire:

I will never believe anything they say until I see results on the field.....i will look forward to another horrible season.....shoot, I even wish i wasn't a Dolphins fan.....maybe i'll go be a fan of the Colts.....nah, they didn't win the SB last year, and now they have to pay Manning 18 million dollars for one season.....maybe i'll be a bronco fan...nope they didn't win the SB either and now they are getting rid of their best player on offense....for what? defense....I've heard that song before.....maybe i'll be a fan of the eagles, damn, they didn't win the SB either, they must have a F-up FO too.....i guess the only thing i can do is be a fan of the patriots because obviously they are the only team worthy of my fanship....but I hate the patriots.....

So maybe I'll just stay a fan of the Dolphins and hope that whatever happens turns out for the best and we don't end up the same as 31 other teams.......yeah, that's it....I'll be a fan of the Dolphins ....I just won't watch or go to any games......who knows maybe one day I can become a fan of the Los Angeles Dolphins after they move there because of a lack of fan support in the Miami area....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Originally posted by inFINSible
Okay....I don't support them and I'm outraged...:fire: :fire: :fire:

I will never believe anything they say until I see results on the field.....i will look forward to another horrible season.....shoot, I even wish i wasn't a Dolphins fan.....maybe i'll go be a fan of the Colts.....nah, they didn't win the SB last year, and now they have to pay Manning 18 million dollars for one season.....maybe i'll be a bronco fan...nope they didn't win the SB either and now they are getting rid of their best player on offense....for what? defense....I've heard that song before.....maybe i'll be a fan of the eagles, damn, they didn't win the SB either, they must have a F-up FO too.....i guess the only thing i can do is be a fan of the patriots because obviously they are the only team worthy of my fanship....but I hate the patriots.....so maybe i'll just stay a famn of the Dolphins and hope that whatever happens turns out for the best and we don't end up the same as 31 other teams.......yeah, that's it....I'll be a fan ....i just won't watch or go to any games......who knows maybe one day i can become a fan of the Los Angeles Dolphins after they move there from a lack of fan support in the Miami area....

You're not really outraged are you?:D

I love the Dolphins and always will. To be a fan, you don't have to agree with every move they make (unless thats a requirement I'm unaware of). Generally, coaches get hired and fired because of fan input. If the fans aren't happy, the owner isn't happy (means less $), which leads them to hire/fire... In the rare cases of someone like Mark Cuban, it's for the love of winning.

I hope the dolphins go 12-4. I hope the dolphins go 19-0 for that matter. But it doesn't mean I'm going to put on the rose colored glasses and assume we will, simply because I'm a fan. Seems every year Miami puts together the puzzle, and every year a piece has gone missing. I hope, but I don't confuse reality with fiction... I'll always hope, but I'm just a little more objective about it. I guess I'm a bad fan by your standards.

I call it objective, because I would feel very good if a new coach and GM were inplace. Atleast it's change, something we all want... Wait, nvm, we just want Fiedler gone, and the QB position to change. That's going to solve the problem, just like Ricky was the final piece to the puzzle.

maybe objective is the better word but its a lot better than being negative on everything the FO does.

I agree, it's time for change at QB, and we're gonna see what Feely can do. I hope he does a great job, I think he has some good qualities, that out weight his lack of arm strength. Look at Chad Pennington, his arm isn't strong, yet he gets the job done. Feely's value on the market was far less then what the eagles wanted, and the dolphins were willing to give. [/B]

JF isn't our only problem. we will continue to underachieve with Wanny here. I can see our DC, Bates changing his D schemes than Wanny changing his style of coaching & start policing his players.

Getting AJ is a just a beginning. We still have FA & Draft Day to look forward to. Some of us will never like whatever moves FO make but as long as the end result is achieved then who cares who we get.

You're not really outraged are you?:D

I love the Dolphins and always will. To be a fan, you don't have to agree with every move they make (unless thats a requirement I'm unaware of). Generally, coaches get hired and fired because of fan input. If the fans aren't happy, the owner isn't happy (means less $), which leads them to hire/fire... In the rare cases of someone like Mark Cuban, it's for the love of winning.

I hope the dolphins go 12-4. I hope the dolphins go 19-0 for that matter. But it doesn't mean I'm going to put on the rose colored glasses and assume we will, simply because I'm a fan. Seems every year Miami puts together the puzzle, and every year a piece has gone missing. I hope, but I don't confuse reality with fiction... I'll always hope, but I'm just a little more objective about it. I guess I'm a bad fan by your standards.
Yes.....you've convinced me to be outraged!!:fire: :fire:

How does the owner get less money when the fans are outraged?.....seems like I can yell and scream and bi+ch and moan all I want but if I still go to games then, where is this so called pressure coming from??? No one associated with the Dolphins has to hear my crap, so they shouldn't really care should they??? they can just go on about their business and avoid Finheaven....It's that simple for them.
The only people affected by my outrage are the people I interact with everyday....the people here at Finheaven, who get tired of hearing all the negative BS all the time....the people who would rather LOOK FORWARD to the upcoming season and all the POSSIBILITIES that it holds instead of having to fight with OTHER DOLPHIN fans while trying to defend their team.... I'm sure they don't like to be constantly drilled with negativity and slanderous remarks ABOUT the Dolphins..they can go to any AFC east rival fan board and get their fill of that....

For God Sake, This isn't Phinzone!!!...Go there and wallow in Miami misery, they have it in spades there!!! seriously, if that's you thing....you'll be in your element there.....

The only way to make my voice heard is to NOT go to games right?......How long do I not go to games???.....until the Coach is fired??? How long will that take???.....What if i don't agree with who they bring in next??? Do I still NOT go to the games??.....Should I NOT go until we win a SB???....Should I wait until EVERYONE agrees that every move is golden???....this is really confusing.....When should I go BACK to watching the games??? When will this team be perfect enough for me???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom