Lets keep some composure | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets keep some composure

Originally posted by Dajesus
I like the fact that Dave said just about the same things I did in this thread in his day after press conference. He said that Ray played good enough to win, but no one stepped up to help him. Witch I thought was obvious but some goof balls like to blame every thing on the QB. Anyway the same goofballs are going to most likely to get their wish, and will see Sage in there Sunday night. I know Ray has sucked, but does this scare anyone else? I mean this is our biggest foe, we have lost 2 straight, and it is on national TV in NY with a guy that has thrown 3 NFL passes makeing the start. There is a good chance that Jay will have to run the table when he gets back just to make the wild card.

I Sage has to start Sunday night you will see one hell of a quick game. You'll know the meaning of embarrssment for sure.
Not that Sage might not be a good future QB, but no way is this guy ready.

Originally posted by Typ0
Lucas is turning the ball over people can't step up when you are losing the +/- so bad.

Honestly did you watch the game last night? Other players were responsable for the first 3 turn overs. By the time Ray threw the int that ended the game he might as well of been playing the game by himself. Ray, Ricky, and Surtain were the only three Dolphins that showed up last night. I think the rest of the team were more concerned with Brett's streak than the game at hand. I mean just look at the facts buddy. By the time Ray threw the int that was returned for a TD, the last play of the 3rd quarter, Chambers and Randy dropped the only 2 passes that were thrown at them, Konrad fumbled, Cater fumbled, dropped a first down, and let a pass hit his hands then bounce straight up in the air for pick, the defense didn't record 1 sack, Green was averaging 5 yards a carry, and the o-line didn't block a soul unless that held or used their face mask. I am 99% sure the only players that made a first down at that point were Ricky, Ray, Konrad, and Edwards with that one draw. That is horrible, if you could honestly place all the blame on Ray you just not an intelligent football fan.

I don't mean to place all the blame on him. That's not what I am saying. What I am saying is you need a QB in there where the other players don't have to overcome his mistakes. He fumbled the ball trying to **** his arm back my friend. He threw the ball to no one on several occasions. And he wasn't throwing the ball away he thought there was someone there. Perhaps he has a dolfin receiver on his contacts or something. He got a lot of help from the refs who were blowing plays dead when he dropped the ball. Are you prepared for him to cause four turnovers in New York this weekend? Yeah the other guys caused just as many turnovers but when that doesn't happen Lucus is going to be standing there telegraphing passes to phantom receivers and dropping the ball.

I don't mean to place all the blame on him. That's not what I am saying. What I am saying is you need a QB in there where the other players don't have to overcome his mistakes. He fumbled the ball trying to **** his arm back my friend. He threw the ball to no one on several occasions. And he wasn't throwing the ball away he thought there was someone there. Perhaps he has a dolfin receiver on his contacts or something. He got a lot of help from the refs who were blowing plays dead when he dropped the ball. Are you prepared for him to cause four turnovers in New York this weekend? Yeah the other guys caused just as many turnovers but when that doesn't happen Lucus is going to be standing there telegraphing passes to phantom receivers and dropping the ball.

He had 1 turnover Typo. Same number as Favre.
I understand everyone is frustrated but for some reason you guys aren't looking at the plain facts that the whole team got spanked.

The times he threw the ball away were GOOD!
He was coached to do that and not force the ball when you don't have to.

Originally posted by Trekbiz
The times he threw the ball away were GOOD!
He was coached to do that and not force the ball when you don't have to.

Finally I was waiting for someone to point that out! As far a s typo saying he threw so many passes to no one, please find 1 besides the pass that Chambers did a fly and Ray thought is a was out. That happens to every QB on an occasion.

Honestly I loved seeing Ray being decicive in his descion makeing. When it wasn't there he ran(for a very respectable 49 yards) or threw it away. He made some nice quick check downs to Konrad and RW on blitzes. The one thing I didn't like about his game was he didn't try any long balls. I don't know if it was him, the play calling or the fact that the o-line didn't give him time, but he needed to challenge the Greenbay secondary with some posts or flys to Chambers or Randy.

He threw an interception and had a fumble. There was another fumble too but the play got blown dead. He did look good in a lot of areas but he is injured and giving the ball away too much when he is healthy. I can't believe you want a QB in there who isn't protecting the possessions. I'm not placing blame on any one person and certainly I can accept the fact your entire team got spanked. I'm merely pointing out Lucas is the master of his disaster.

He threw an interception and had a fumble. There was another fumble too but the play got blown dead. He did look good in a lot of areas but he is injured and giving the ball away too much when he is healthy. I can't believe you want a QB in there who isn't protecting the possessions. I'm not placing blame on any one person and certainly I can accept the fact your entire team got spanked. I'm merely pointing out Lucas is the master of his disaster.

Okay, I don't know what you were seeing, but Ray only had the 1 fumble where the play got called dead (but was still charged as a fumble) but that didn't result in a turnover. He still completed 22/39 for 198 yds and 1INT that was his fault. (not great numbers, but respectable)

There were several problems this game, but Ray was the absolute least of them (and if y'all remember I'm one of the biggest Lucas doubters on this board) The way the rest of the team played it wouldent matter if Marino from 15 years ago showed up and led this team, we still would have had our butt's handed to us. :mad:

That Said, Hurry back Jay, we need you man!

Originally posted by CJS
Not only did the Packers have 8 in the box - we had 5 D-lineman in there instead of 4. That's tough for any RB to beat.

HofCityFan also brought up a good point in that refs saved two more turnovers from happening. Lucas is not the answer - any team that plays 5 DL is not respecting your passing game.

Stop with the nonsense.

You mention this as if you did it all game. This formation is typical when defenses are geared to stopping the run! The eighth man can come up to the line you know.

There was no 5th defensive lineman. You guys brought in an extra linebacker (forgot his name) and he would shift depending on where Miami's strongside lined up at. Sometimes he dropped off into coverage on McMichael.

This is not something anyone should be shocked over.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I think what is getting overlooked is the fact that Ray is our back up QB. He isn't as good as our starter thats why he is our back up! Teams that overcome back up QBs have players that step it up to negate the back up QB. Look at the Bills of the early 90s. Reich was no Kelly, but when he was in there Thomas, Lofton, Reed, the o-line, and the defense took it to a new level. What do we have? WRs that dropped everything that was thrown at them, fumbles, and Marcus Spriggs and others letting d-lineman in the backfeild with out being touched. If we want to win next week, we have to have stars step up. Ricky needs a long run, Chambers needs an acrobatic catch, and most of all our o-line needs to put some one their ass besides our QB.

Excellent point.

The thing is that Ray is showing improvement. The only thing that will help him improve any more is game time situations and unfortunately pre season is over.

Practice won't do it for him.

Back
Top Bottom