Let's Look at it this way.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Look at it this way....

Becks7

Starter
Reaction score
I know people want to move down, I know people want this to be a more talented draft than it is etc.. but let's just step back and look at what we do have and move forward

Worst case scenario is with the second overall pick we end up with an extremely talented and raw ( in a good way ) running back in Brown, or with the best reciever in Michigan histroy who is rated the best player in the draft by most people.
If we don't trade Surtain... well the down side to that is we have a pro bowl cb playing for us next year.
Yes we only have five picks but the reality is that if we make good use of those picks that is plenty to restock and fill holes on a team that most would consider more talented than their 4-12 record indicates.
This is a fresh start and we need to treat it as such. From here on out things are going to be done the right way and that is the encouragement we all should need.

Becks7 said:
I know people want to move down, I know people want this to be a more talented draft than it is etc.. but let's just step back and look at what we do have and move forward

Worst case scenario is with the second overall pick we end up with an extremely talented and raw ( in a good way ) running back in Brown, or with the best reciever in Michigan histroy who is rated the best player in the draft by most people.
If we don't trade Surtain... well the down side to that is we have a pro bowl cb playing for us next year.
Yes we only have five picks but the reality is that if we make good use of those picks that is plenty to restock and fill holes on a team that most would consider more talented than their 4-12 record indicates.
This is a fresh start and we need to treat it as such. From here on out things are going to be done the right way and that is the encouragement we all should need.
I know what you mean by raw in a bad way! Next time I will use lube. :yes:

With all the positioning Saban's been doin' the past few months, it f@ck!n' sucks that $h!t has gotten done in terms of increasing our draft picks. The few very talented players we're gonna get are not going to cure an aging defense and single-handedly jumpstart an offense that's starting from scratch.

Becks7 said:

Well written post. Worst case we come out of this with a very good RB or WR and some solid help at DT, S, QB and OL or OLB

I agree Pats land, but, it is what it is and you can't force people into trades they don't want to make. Trust me, I want to load up on picks as much as you and Saban, but you can't get what's not offered.

fishfan34 said:
I agree Pats land, but, it is what it is and you can't force people into trades they don't want to make. Trust me, I want to load up on picks as much as you and Saban, but you can't get what's not offered.
I'm just bitter. It's like we were promised all these things for Christmas, and finally a few days before Dec. 25th, we're told there wasn't enough money, and so we're gonna have to settle for something else.

EXACTLY!!! One great RB would make this draft one we will be talking about for years.

Back
Top Bottom