Let's look at the positives for once. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's look at the positives for once.

Originally posted by Disnardo
The Top Defenses in the AFC East in points allowed per game.

#1- Dolphins @ 11.6 ppg.
#2- Jets @ 16 ppg.
#3- Bills @ 17.1 ppg.

AND LAST is you guessed it Patriots @ 18.8 ppg.

:band:

NY Jets are 6th overall in the NFL.

#01 Miami 11.6
#02 Panthers 13.6
#03 Broncos 14.5
#04 Bucs 14.6
#05 Browns 15.8
#06 Jets 16.0
#09 Bills 17.2
#11 Colts 17.5
#14 Pats 18.8

Oliver...

How is Seau/Spikes stats going so far? I'm just curious.

Sammy rules. I didn't realize he caused that fumble on Taylor.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
NICE ---- VERY NICE!

Just wanted to add to your list:

Junior Seau - 29 Tackles (23 Solo / 6 Assist) and he missed a game!
Brock Marion - 2 Interceptions
Sammy Knight - 1 Interception
Patrick Surtain - 4 Interceptions

You forgot Sam Madison- 2 Interceptions 1 for a TD

That's 7 by the starting DB's

1 by Zgonia...Now it's time for TB, Zach, Greenwood, and Jr. to get some too. :D

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
How is Seau/Spikes stats going so far? I'm just curious.

Sammy rules. I didn't realize he caused that fumble on Taylor.

Yeah, I watched it on satellite and the CBS announcer said it was Buckley who forced the fumble, and they never did correct it by saying Knight caused it.

I think Taco Spice has 43 total. Don't know what the breakdown is between solo / assist.

You have to consider the fact that Buff's D has been on the field quite a bit more than the Phins' D as well (TOP), in addition to the extra game he's had to pad that #.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
It seems that if it doesn't have to do with Jay or the offense's lack of production, no one is interested.

Let's forget about that just for a minute.

How about the season Adewale Ogunleye is having? He's averaging a sack a game. Everyone was complaining how quiet he was during pre-season, but no one is giving him props for his awesome play so far.

How about Sam Madison being fully back? He has re-claimed his spot as a top 3 cornerback. Both our corners are playing lights-out right now.

How about the development of Morlon Greenwood? He is coming along nicely and NEVER complains when he is taken off the field.

How about Timbo, Chester and Zgonina protecting Zach and forming a GREAT run defense??? Timbo even has a sack so far.

How about us already winning more road games than we did all last year!

How about our record PERIOD! People, we are 4-1! (and should be 5-1 and then 6-1 if we play the way we can!)

How about Coach Wannstedt so far. Everyone calls for his head and says he's the worst coach in the league when we lose, but no one gives him credit when we win. He's been coaching really well.

Listen, I KNOW we need to get better on offense, and I'm not sweeping the problem under the rug. But let's not just sit around and bitch when there is credit to be given in other areas.

All points well made. The only problem i have had with wanny is that he doesnt fire the team up very well when are backs are to the wall with 2 minutes left. he could get a littel more pissed at teh refs too when its called for.

i'm sad that one man has been getting 0 credit..

WHERES THE LOVE FOR T-BUC?! he may be older but he is still playing awesome. he has never played good anywhere except miami. him and JJ had their fights and now DW welcomed him back. he has been huge this season.

AS SOON as t-buc becomes the offical nickle back (week 3) the defense starts picking balls off, getting fumbles, etc...

When you have 2 of the best corners in the league and the best nickleback in the league and a solid pass rush, you don't leave QB's with any good options... who did you pick on? Madison/surtain/Buckley ALL MAKE YOU PAY!

i have liked buckley ever since he was with miami. he is a gambler, but i never see anyone complain when he gets it right.

much love for T-buc!

Again Sammy Knight has really been a big improvement over Freeman. I can't even amagine Freeman breaking on the ball and intercepting it or even forcing a fumble or being at the right place at the right time. He might not have the speed of Freeman but man does he make up for it in every other aspect.

Originally posted by A/C Dorsal
has the D given up that average? or did the O give some up too?

I can note the pick returned for TD by Buffalo, and I don't believe there have been any other points given up by the offense DIRECTLY. (The strip/fumble that gave the Jets 16 yds to the goal line didn't help, for example.)

I don't believe anything's been scored against us on special teams, either, so it looks like you can knock seven points off the total points against us to reflect what's been scored when the D was on the field. Divide those 7 points across 5 games played and deduct... and the Piranha are basically giving up just 10 points per game.

Back
Top Bottom