Let's not forget Derrick the Pope-ster. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's not forget Derrick the Pope-ster.

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
As far as I remember, D. Pope had an excellent rookie season last year and it seems almost as if he's been forgotten. It was exciting to see the young guy on Defense performing well...Gives alittle optimism for the future. For my money, I'd like to see him lined up and starting at LInebacker. Zach, Jr, & Pope. Can Channing Crowder or one of the other guys we got take his place??

Pope could likely compete with Ayanbadejo for the SP's LB or as the 6th LB. Pope has moved to OLB, so it will be interesting to see how he does there.

I like Pope but Crowder is the better athlete.

Isn't he like 5-11 230...definitely on the small side for a Saban type backer.

popularwar said:
He did play well for a rookie last year. How big is he? I know the new regime likes bigger LB's.
ive heard 5'11'' and 6' but he weighs 235 and seems to be built pretty well, i dont think thats exceptable for saban it seems though, im sure he wants his outside linebackers to be tall and have long arms. he isnt that fast either, he seems pretty quick, but he might be the odd man out in sabans new regime.

Alien said:
ive heard 5'11'' and 6' but he weighs 235 and seems to be built pretty well, i dont think thats exceptable for saban it seems though, im sure he wants his outside linebackers to be tall and have long arms. he isnt that fast either, he seems pretty quick, but he might be the odd man out in sabans new regime.
We need to patent the term "Saban's new regime" before the media does.... or is it too late?

Pope did an admiral job fillin in for Zach last year. The problem is, is that he just doesnt fit the scheme that Saban will be implementing in the future. I feel that Pope wont be around after this year and some other team is gunna end up being very lucky to get Pope with system that can use him. He is young and only to get better... just not with us. It sucks but thats how it is...

Nasty

Back
Top Bottom