Lets not forget what happened to Rodgers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets not forget what happened to Rodgers

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
Rodgers was slated to go number 1, if im remembering correctly. Way before the combine. Or at least top 5.

And if I remember correctly, he did NOT go number 1 :)

So who knows ladies and gents. Leinart may not be a sure fire to go at 1.

Leinart will go 1, 2 or 3. There will be no freefall.

testtubetimmy said:
Rodgers was slated to go number 1, if im remembering correctly. Way before the combine. Or at least top 5.

And if I remember correctly, he did NOT go number 1 :)

So who knows ladies and gents. Leinart may not be a sure fire to go at 1.

True, but there might be a real reason for his dropping, and if there is, we should think twice before pulling the trigger and drafting him.

rodgers was the #1 overall pick till about 48 hours before draft day. all of a sudden jaws and probably sean salisbury said on NFL live that he didn't have a good arm or something, and how jason campbell is better than him (lmao), and he immediately dropped after that. i gotta question the football minds for a lot of the teams out there

and leinart will be top 3

kastofsna120 said:
rodgers was the #1 overall pick till about 48 hours before draft day. all of a sudden jaws and probably sean salisbury said on NFL live that he didn't have a good arm or something, and how jason campbell is better than him (lmao), and he immediately dropped after that. i gotta question the football minds for a lot of the teams out there

See, but what happens if Jaws or Salisbury says Leinart isnt as cracked up as we all think? They say it was the players around him. He might be sick at the combine and throw horribly.

Point is, there are a lot of outside factors that could impact where he goes. Like if the top five teams drafting already have young, developmental QB's, and decide to focus someplace else. Rodgers slipped so far because no one needed a QB that badly, and had other needs.

You say Leinart will be top 3, but you mentioned Rodgers being number 1 till 48 hours before the draft. So up until 48 hours before this draft, can we be so sure that he'll go top three?

Im just playing devils advocate by the way. I truly think that he goes somewhere in the top 5. I just like to hope that maybe we get him. :D

testtubetimmy said:
See, but what happens if Jaws or Salisbury says Leinart isnt as cracked up as we all think? They say it was the players around him. He might be sick at the combine and throw horribly.

Point is, there are a lot of outside factors that could impact where he goes. Like if the top five teams drafting already have young, developmental QB's, and decide to focus someplace else. Rodgers slipped so far because no one needed a QB that badly, and had other needs.

You say Leinart will be top 3, but you mentioned Rodgers being number 1 till 48 hours before the draft. So up until 48 hours before this draft, can we be so sure that he'll go top three?

Im just playing devils advocate by the way. I truly think that he goes somewhere in the top 5. I just like to hope that maybe we get him. :D
rodgers was #1 before the draft, but he wasn't a surefire #1 guy. there was always questions on him, from the tedford thing to his height to his mechanics, etc. leinart has been the consensus #1 guy for 2 years now, and he'll have to do something drastic to drop, like a horrible senior bowl or something (i doubt he'll even go to the senior bowl, so that's not a factor)

i could see ferguson dropping though

kastofsna120 said:

Some people on here knew all along that Aaron Rodgers wasn't going to be the #1 pick.

Some people knew all along that barring a trade, that the #1 pick was Alex Smith.

Some people were vilified for that stance.

Some people ate humble pie.

Boomer said:
Some people on here knew all along that Aaron Rodgers wasn't going to be the #1 pick.

Some people knew all along that barring a trade, that the #1 pick was Alex Smith.

Some people were vilified for that stance.

Some people ate humble pie.
regardless, rodgers certainly wasn't the #24 pick at any point

Some people on here said that Rodgers would indeed fall to 24.

Some people took that stance and stuck with it.

Some people were vilified for saying that.

Some people at humble pie.

Boomer said:
Some people on here said that Rodgers would indeed fall to 24.

Some people took that stance and stuck with it.

Some people were vilified for saying that.

Some people at humble pie.

some people can be quite annoying

testtubetimmy said:

Well annoying as you may find him, Boomer knows his football and is very damn knowledgable when it comes to the draft.

Fact is...Rodgers had more passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage than any QB in the NCAA his last 2 years at school....couldn't really pressure the ball down the field, and no team needed a QB bad enough to reach for him.

testtubetimmy said:

Yes those people who challenge and insult those that are the foundation of this community, and regularly share their knowledge with us joe-schmo fans.

If I am not mistaken Boomer had said Rodgers would fall to Green Bay.

Boomer said:
Some people can get banned.

oh, come on... that's not a bannable offense, is it? ... saying someone else is annoying? there'd be none of us left if that was that case...

I was only yanking his chain. I WAS being annoying.

;)

Back
Top Bottom