Let's Reminisce On Happier Times | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Reminisce On Happier Times

Hmmmm. If you mean that all the years since then have made it less painful and easier to swallow, than sure, “happier” seems like an ok word to choose............ I saw killer mullets and those rad Zubaz pants that most of us had, hopefully not the matching shirt as well. I also saw Sammie Smith, which made my B-hole pucker just a bit too much !!!!.. Semantics, I guess ?

Hmmmm. If you mean that all the years since then have made it less painful and easier to swallow, than sure, “happier” seems like an ok word to choose............ I saw killer mullets and those rad Zubaz pants that most of us had, hopefully not the matching shirt as well. I also saw Sammie Smith, which made my B-hole pucker just a bit too much !!!!.. Semantics, I guess ?
This made me chuckle. Definitely had the Zubaz pants, the pull over Starter jacket, and the Logo Athletic 3-tone paint hat.

Rick and Suds? That’s a blast from Miami’s radio past right there.

And while the video is laughable, the team was onto something back then. They’d missed the playoffs in four consecutive seasons, something that hadn’t happened since the 60’s (granted, these days missing the playoffs for years at a time is simply the status quo). But 1990 was truly the year that things got turned around. Finished with 12 wins (haven’t done that since and it’s been almost 30 years), had a fantastic win in the playoffs against the Chiefs in Miami (punctuated by a classic Marino drive and TD toss to Clayton),and gave Buffalo a game up in Rich Stadium (one week before the Bills dismantled the Raiders in the AFC championship).

They were truly one of the best teams in the league that year; been a long time since you can say that about the Dolphins. And while they fell short of a championship, it was truly the glory years compared to where this team has been this century.

I miss their character and Pass Pro, but I do not miss the run blocking.

I think their run blocking was fine, but the team passed a lot in a time when most successful teams had a workhorse running back to carry the load and make their o-lines look better. They would have adapted fine in a Marty Schottenheimer-like system.

I think their run blocking was fine, but the team passed a lot in a time when most successful teams had a workhorse running back to carry the load and make their o-lines look better. They would have adapted fine in a Marty Schottenheimer-like system.
I disagree. Everytime they were given the opportunity, the results were less than spectacular.

I love those early 90s Dolphins teams, and especially this 1990 team. Doesn't hurt that it was the first time we ever had season tickets-- and such great home games that season: wiping out Buffalo in the home opener, come from behind win against the Jets, overtime win against the Eagles on a Sunday night, and Marino to Clayton to win the game in the wildcard round against the Chiefs.

When is this team ever going to win 12 regular season games again?

Back
Top Bottom