Lets stop kidding ourselves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets stop kidding ourselves

PHINFAN4LIFE

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lets put it all on the table! Offense- Defense- Special teams- and Coaching!

Let me be the 1000th to say, Jay Fiedler was by no means the reason the Fins didnt make the playoffs! On the same token, this was the best Fins offense of recent years, hands down! At the same time, yes the Fins, not just Fiedler left a lot of points on the field! Penalty after overthrow, after missed blocking assignment, the team just shot itself in the foot repeatedly. Game after game, the Fins defeated the Fins. It is by no act of DIVINE INTERVENTION that Ricky Williams led the league in rushing, its simple, thats what our gameplan was, you knew it, I knew it, hell, even the other team knew it! It was by design and execution that Ricky had the season that he had. From the QB to the wideouts right down to the O-line, this was the way Norv drew it up, "Jay you be Kobe, Rick, you're Shaq." The offense was notably better for it!

Let me be the 1st to say, Our defense has more holes than swiss cheese! Even at our strongest point, we're weak! That D-line is like whodinni. This is the place where we counted on the most. Pressure from the front four was few and far between, and straight up dissappeared when we needed them most! Taking nothing away from JT, who played above and beyond himself, but he is apart of that D-line, so I've got to include him. In the final 5 minutes of our season, 1 sack seperated victory from defeat. The D-line got no pressure, leading to the DB's getting no time to get a jump on the pass. I mean theres a lot that goes on in that instance but it starts with the D-line! Sorry guys, this Defense is overhyped!

Special teams is where we are lacking! Not so much the coverage units, but more in the return game. Not one gamebreaker on the roster. What ever happened to drawing up plans to fool the opposition, you know a reverse, or a fake reverse, or a throwback, or anything creative, to catch a break. But I'll get to that in the coaching section. The penalties on special teams really irked me. When we did get a decent return, there was that bullet hole in the shoe again and again! Watching Kickoff return was like watching Groundhog day, you just knew what was coming!

Finally, the coaching. Absolutely sucked! The Armstrong cat needs to go first. His unimaginative calls yielded not one touchdown in the return game, not even a one man to beat moment! Looking for onsides kicks when there was none, I mean wow, its o.k. to be careful, but be wise at the same time. He's got 10 men at the line and 1 man to cover the rest of the field. Not smart! Bates.......I'm almost threw with him as well. I've watched those shows where the defense credits their fire and want to~to this man. So Ive got to believe that its not the lack of motivation from him, maybe again a lack of creativeness! Two of the best cover corners in the league playing man to man, with linebackers that can run with just about any RB. Can we get a 8 man front sometimes, with a safety blitz every now and again, I mean really though! Norv, was pallatable, way too few rollouts, his QB's strength, though! And overall, Wanne needs to grow some balls and showcase the talent on this team, it almost seems like he's shutting the show down to save face for opposing coaches. Its like bringing a sling-shot to a gun fight sometimes. While everyone else is using a full arsenal trying to stay in the game, Wanne just keeps taking pop shots with that damn six shoota!

Enough ranting and raving, I'll let the Football gods take care of the Fins and I'll stick to rooting for Miami!

Back
Top Bottom