Lets talk about Position NEEDS and filling them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets talk about Position NEEDS and filling them

N

NJFinFury2004

Id like to see us draft this kid if he is good. We are thin at DT and need help there. Before the year starts off Id like to see us solidify these positions;

1) DT With Bowens retiring and Chester up in the AIR it almost becomes a MUST for us to draft this kid. We HAD TO sign Traylor. IM still worried because he is actually older than Bowens and Chester. I know our 7th round pick was a DT, I hope he can contribute right away. Anyone know of any possible cuts coming up in regards to DT?

2) We could use more help in the secondary. I don't think we will be able to afford RW Mquarters from the Bears, so we might be looking at TBUCK again, if he is still available. Anyone know of any decent Corners who might be let go who would fit in our price range?

3) Safeties we could use some help here also. Anyone know whats going on with Yerimah Bell? I think he might be able to contribute if he stays healthy. Once again, any decent team players on the chopping block we could grab?

4) O line. I know we are headed in the right direction, but I would love to see us grab a good, not great ( we can't afford it) CENTER that could replace Mckinney. We need help there the most! Are we actually still thinking of moving our benched LT to center still? lol

I think this is the order we need to address these positions. If you want to flip flop corners and DT'S? Fine.

What would be great is a list of possible FA'S that fall into our category and would cover the area's above.

Anyone know of one?

I feel that QB and O-line are question marks and will be answered this year but I feel that they could still fin in this category.

This is not in any particular order really but I feel the following are still NEEDS for us:

DT,CB, FS, QB, O-line

DT- We did the best we could in the FA market signing Traylor, we will have to solve this problem through the draft next year.

CB- Ty Law is not going to happen because of his salary so I am still thinking that maybe we have a good chance at signing R.W. McQuarters. With the loss of Will Poole, we definitely need the DEPTH. I think we need one more CB, and McQuarters would be a pretty good fit in my honest opinion.

FS- If Lance Schulters gets released, he will definitely be an option. As of for now we have some youthful unproven Safeties in Tillman, Bell, Bigby, Elam, etc. etc. I doubt that we are that bad off in this category.

And of course QB and O-line are the question marks.

Pain, I mean for this season to make a run. We aren't going to get a QB this year, lets face it. But I think if we patch up the positions I mentioned, we could be a legit contender this season and make the playoffs.

I think AJ will do a good job this season. IM willing to give him another year to prove himself and show he can QB the Miami Dolphins. He has the tools and experience he needs now, so no more excuses.

IM looking forward to a 10 win season. So the question should be, what do we need to do to make the playoffs this season?

NJFinFury2004 said:
Pain, I mean for this season to make a run. We aren't going to get a QB this year, lets face it. But I think if we patch up the positions I mentioned, we could be a legit contender this season and make the playoffs.

I think AJ will do a good job this season. IM willing to give him another year to prove himself and show he can QB the Miami Dolphins. He has the tools and experience he needs now, so no more excuses.

IM looking forward to a 10 win season. So the question should be, what do we need to do to make the playoffs this season?
:lol: Oh... in that case I would say our two biggest needs would have to FS and CB (since the loss of Will Poole). We were about $8 million over the cap before the signing of Keith Traylor. About $4.5 million of that is going to the rookie pool. And subtract about a million from that because I think that is close to what Traylors contract was. So leaves us with about $3.5 million to spend on a FS and a CB. I think those would be our two biggest needs to fill to make a playoff run this season. I think our best two options would be to get R.W. McQuarters and Lance Schulters (assuming he gets released which seems most likely). If we can bring both of these guys in... that would complete the PERFECT offseason in my honest opinion.

Pain, Lance Shculters is available? The guy from the Niners? He would be a SWEET pickup. What about DT? You feel ok with a 34 year old Traylor and even if we drafted this kid, a couple of rookies? Romero is an OK player, but nothing to write home about.

How about Center? Is Wade Smith really moving to Center? Has anyone heard anything about that? Pain, we need a BIG CENTER who can RUN BLOCK! Remember Ricky saying " Mckinney almost got me Killed" and I happen to agree with that. Unless he made some vast improvements, Center is still an area of concern

And we were TERRIBLE vs the run last year, so I dont agree and think we need to add another run stuffer at DT. Ill keep my order the same way.

:wall:
NJFinFury2004 said:
:lol:
...Pray

Seriously, we're coming out of the worst season in our team's history, and we have numerous holes to fill. It's rebuilding time. I don't see us as realistically being a playoff team again just yet.

...Pray.
:wall:

i dont see us picking up another DT, even though they say kevin cater will be playing mostly DE, i see him taking alot of snaps at DT, especially if chester is not 100 percent, but traylor is a prototypical 3-4 DT, again with our 4-3 3-4 combo our DTs will be fine, we have carter, chester, traylor, zgonina and vickerson ( i think romero will be cut)

CBs are a concern as i dont think reggie howards overpaid butt is the answer, bobby taylor and Ty law are available, but both of them are too pricey, and have lost a step, if we get RW mcquarters that would be outstanding...

FS, tillman has shown alot of improvement and has earned praise from Saban, so unless a Veteran FS wants to sign for the minimum, i dont see us grabbing another FS, we do want SOME youth starting on D, not just a bunch of 30+ vets :)

NJFinFury2004 said:
Pain, Lance Shculters is available? The guy from the Niners? He would be a SWEET pickup.
Well it's not official yet but I expect it to be soon enough. It's been mentioned around here, I've seen it on ESPN... And yes he played for the Niners from 1998-2001. He's on the Titans are most likely going to release Lance Schulters and once it happens I think we should bring him in here for interview and consider signing him.

NJFinFury2004 said:
What about DT? You feel ok with a 34 year old Traylor and even if we drafted this kid, a couple of rookies? Romero is an OK player, but nothing to write home about.
As for DT, like I said think we're going to address that in the draft next year since there's no one else really out there in FA this year worth signing. I think with the signing of Keith Traylor to go along with possibly Larry Chester, Dario Romero, possibly Jeff Zgonina, Kevin Vickerson, possibly Vonnie Holliday rotating to DT occasionally, and with Kevin Carter most likely rotating between DE/DT, I think we will have to enough people servicable to serve us this season.

NJFinFury2004 said:
How about Center? Is Wade Smith really moving to Center? Has anyone heard anything about that? Pain, we need a BIG CENTER who can RUN BLOCK! Remember Ricky saying " Mckinney almost got me Killed" and I happen to agree with that. Unless he made some vast improvements, Center is still an area of concern
I agree that Center is a big question mark for us right and I'm not sure that Seth McKinney is the answer. We have one of the best Offensive Line coaches in the business this year in Hudson Houck and he knows what he's doing. Yes, Wade Smith has been moved to center and there's still a slight chance he could end up our starting Center, way too early to tell. And also don't forget Rex Hadnot. He was one of the few bright spots on our O-line last year and performed well for most of the year and he was naturally a Center in college with the accomplishment of never letting up a single sack his Senior year I believe. There's a possiblity he can get moved to Center or remain our starting RG. I'd like to see him starting at C with Vernon Carey starting at RG... but it's still way too early to tell. We're definitely 10x better off than we were last year by far.

NJFinFury2004 said:
And we were TERRIBLE vs the run last year, so I dont agree and think we need to add another run stuffer at DT. Ill keep my order the same way.
Yeah, we definitely we're terrible against the run last year but it was because we lost Tim Bowens and Larry Chester early for the entire season. That wasn't part of the reason why, that WAS the reason why. And with TimBo retiring he's not going to be an option anymore. Hopefully Larry Chester could get back to 100%. And also, I think Keith Traylor was a good signing because he's huge at 6'2" 340lbs and he is an ABSOLUTELY RUN STUFFER. I think signing him even though of his age, was still a great signing. And also Kevin Carter should also help us quite a bit with our Rush D too. With everyone healthy, I think we'll have an average to above average rush D.

i truely think we are back to our 9-7, 10-6 state. we do need a corner and saftey and if the line plays their @$$es off then we are okay...

Back
Top Bottom